So do we still think Golden is a great @ crootin?

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
U know it's bad when even my bleak visions were under estimated, good lawd..

I'm mad over losing Powell and I didn't even want him... Somebody talk me down from the ledge.... Or
Push me over.....one or the other.

Advertisement
The reality is we are all reacting this way as we resent Al interviewing with PSU and it is easy to point the finger. While this Powell situation appears to be very odd none of us really know the truth of what has unfolded. We lose kids all the time as do other schools but the timing of Valentine and Powell is where the rage is coming from. We view Al's interest in PSU as selfish and running recruits away as we are fans. It is still a very solid class without Powell and have plenty of talent on offense. A lot can change over the next month and hopefully we will be lol'ing at some kid we flipped on NSD.

UF offered him on Wednesday. Thats goldens fault now? The kid was originally committed to UT and golden took him. If he decommits its all on powell. Golden put in the work to get him

So now it's not Golden's fault for a losing a commitment of his one day before he enrolls in his school?

Some of you guys are scary with your defense of him.

Golden being gone for 3 days while flirting with PSU gave guys like TRob from UF the entry they needed.

Advertisement
Wouldn't kill me if he didnt come. Would like him in the class but not the end of the world. Just get Valentine back.

Hes ok not great. UM isn't nearly as easy a sell as fans think. A lot of negative drawbacks to the program.

We've let more elite talent walk than we've kept, and that's always a problem. People like to watch the FSU game and say "we just aren't there yet talent wise," but then hold a pep rally when we bring in some 3-star kid with crappy offers.

We have about 5-6 elite south Florida kids committed, but whiffed on these:

Sony
Cook
Powell
Lane
Rudolph
Jackson
Valentine
Dixon
Harris

That's not gonna put you over the edge anytime soon.

Well said. I agree with this and the notion that many of us are unhappy with Golden and his staff's X's and O's and therefore there is a greater emphasis on recruiting, which is not yet at the level it needs to be.

The reality is we are all reacting this way as we resent Al interviewing with PSU and it is easy to point the finger. While this Powell situation appears to be very odd none of us really know the truth of what has unfolded. We lose kids all the time as do other schools but the timing of Valentine and Powell is where the rage is coming from. We view Al's interest in PSU as selfish and running recruits away as we are fans. It is still a very solid class without Powell and have plenty of talent on offense. A lot can change over the next month and hopefully we will be lol'ing at some kid we flipped on NSD.

Advertisement
So now it's not Golden's fault for a losing a commitment of his one day before he enrolls in his school?

Some of you guys are scary with your defense of him.

I'm not defending golden. I'm just stating a coach can't drug and drag a kid here. If a kid doesn't want to be here there isn't much you can do.

**** Powell just said he wanted to prove he was elite at miami.

We've let more elite talent walk than we've kept, and that's always a problem. People like to watch the FSU game and say "we just aren't there yet talent wise," but then hold a pep rally when we bring in some 3-star kid with crappy offers.

Sony
Cook
Powell
Lane
Rudolph
Jackson
Valentine
Dixon
Harris

You realize to of those guys were committed to us right?

Advertisement
Him sitting on his *** and letting that PSU **** stew cost us Valentine and now maybe Powell too. I tried telling someone he wasn't a great recruiting the other day and got called every name in the book LOL Name a great recruiter that lets as many kid as we let go down here the last 2 years.

crossover22[]_[];1767312 said:

Sony
Cook
Powell
Lane
Rudolph
Jackson
Valentine
Dixon
Harris

So Golden's an even worse recruiter than you thought.

There shouldn't be a mass exodus of talent heading north on 95. We're not getting enough of our share.

Advertisement
He would probably due a great job up North. Hope he gets the chance. Different breed of crootin down here. Evaluation skills is almost as important as being a sellsman with all the talent in the area.

crossover22[]_[];1767312 said:

Sony
Cook
Powell
Lane
Rudolph
Jackson
Valentine
Dixon
Harris

You forgot Rudolph. Your boy is dog****.

I wish I could start posts up here but I am not allowed for whatever reason but what's bad about the Powell and recruiting situation is the irresponsibility of some of the websites and how they attacked and questioned Al Golden. Recruits do, as I'm sure Peter will confirm, read websites and do hear the false criticisms and complaints about Golden which were appalling and sent a horrendous message to our recruiting class.

The people on campus at Coral Gables are not at all happy with one website in particular (not this one) for the false rumors, news, posts etc. The damage done will be told between now and signing day but if we lose Powell because of it we're losing a RB that some consider the best in Florida.

Who said Valentine was completely out? We still have about a month till signing day.

Advertisement
Back