So did Richt address the team personally prior to his official announcement?

Tyler

Freshman
I remember in the early moments of the dramatic Sunday, some players tweets were of surprise and shock.

Did Richt not address the team personally prior to the official announcement?

I, at the very least, expected an official press conference announcing his retirement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He did an in home w each player to tell them...except Bar Milo...they are neighbors in the retirement home

Richt has been mysteriously absent since the bowl game. I'm not saying there is something weird going on, I just think it strange he hasn't been seen or made a comment.
No neg, but why should he?

We all wanted him to go away.......and he did.

Advertisement
Richt has been mysteriously absent since the bowl game. I'm not saying there is something weird going on, I just think it strange he hasn't been seen or made a comment.

He retired from coaching.

No neg, but why should he?

We all wanted him to go away.......and he did.

A coach of his stature would normally have a press conference announcing his retirement. Especially when it happens after the season.

I also thought the strangest part was he had not talked to Manny one time even after Manny took the job. They talked on Tuesday or Wednesday before the press conference.

Yes here’s the video
tenor.gif

Advertisement
It is a little odd how it all went down and normally you would see a retiring coach attend the press conference for the new coach as well. My guess is Richt prob didn’t like that he was being forced to make changes and it hit him he wasn’t all in either way and made the decision. So prob a little bit of sour grapes along with reality. Anxious to see if we see his face around the program in the coming years as an ambassador. Doesn’t really matter but I think it will tell a lot.
He propped the program up no doubt. IPF doesn’t happen without him.

Per internet rumors. He didn’t retire on his own free will.

He was told to fire his son and give up playcalling. The very reason he came here was to prove UGA wrong and mold his son into an OC.

He just embarrassed himself and proved UGA correct in a huge way.

Good guy but needs time to heal

Per internet rumors. He didn’t retire on his own free will.

He was told to fire his son and give up playcalling. The very reason he came here was to prove UGA wrong and mold his son into an OC.

He just embarrassed himself and proved UGA correct in a huge way.

Good guy but needs time to heal
LOL his retirement was completely his choice . The AD was utterly shocked. I mean I am glad it happened but it was out of left field . I thought we had 1 more year of Richt sadly but then Sunday my week , my month , my year was made.

Advertisement
Alright, Canes, Mark didn’t do what we needed buy he left is the best way we could have hoped. He is still alum and therefore family. Let’s be nice and just go with, he got us to our first conference title game. This was not an Al Golden.

LOL his retirement was completely his choice . The AD was utterly shocked. I mean I am glad it happened but it was out of left field . I thought we had 1 more year of Richt sadly but then Sunday my week , my month , my year was made.

I guess you could call it his choice but
He was told to fire his son. He couldn’t. So he quit.

It was pretty clear, especially in hindsight, that Richt was done. Burnt out. Whatever you want to call it...he tapped and wanted to be done.

However, I do believe, he came to this decision after waking up from the bowl game. It was pretty abrupt.

He quit. He was the emperor who fnally found out he has no clothes. Wisconsin highlighted it.

He knew he had to go, but slunk off to the gallows and didn’t even seem to want to reach out to his team. Weird. Sad. Something very uncomfortable in all that.

Advertisement
Back