so cook has fsu in 2nd and now lane .. can someone summarize

Advertisement
We had a lot of momentum when we were winning and undefeated. FSU is now the best team in Florida so naturally kids will take a look at them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can give 2 ****s about Lane, Cook to FSU is a disaster.

Lane, Cook, and Rudolph to FSU is a collective disaster. Definitely not out of the question they close with all three.

Have to say this though: Miami's staff has been on all three. Even after Rudolph trashed them, they still recruited him aggressively. FSU just has the perfect storm of national appeal right now.

Lane, Cook, and Rudolph to FSU is a collective disaster. Definitely not out of the question they close with all three.

Have to say this though: Miami's staff has been on all three. Even after Rudolph trashed them, they still recruited him aggressively. FSU just has the perfect storm of national appeal right now.

Your logic has no place on this board.

Advertisement

Your logic has no place on this board.

Lol, whatever.

FSU is in the position its in now because it has loaded up on big-time talent year after year. Say what you want, but those three are difference makers (even Rudolph, IMO) and losing them all to FSU isn't good for us, no matter how you slice it.

Not saying it's going to happen, but Rudolph to FSU has been trending for a while and anything can happen with Lane or Cook, particularly if UF makes personnel changes (which seems more and more likely every week).

It's not an indictment of our staff. Cook and Lane have stated on multiple occasions that they hear from Miami the most. Just not good for us.....

Sucks to be Quincy with his boys leaving him to places he can't follow. LOL

I know some kids are just huge "frontrunners" and want to play for the "hot" team, but if Cook was smart, he would see what just happened when Duke went down.

Our RB depth is so bad right now that before Dallas had that one big run in the second half Saturday, we had I believe negative 2 rushing yards. WTF

Now if Cook was smart, he would realize that FSU has 3 Sr. RBs next year in Devonta Freeman, James Wilder Jr, and Karlos Williams(if none go pro early) who will def play over him and he will most likely redshirt. Not to mention that FSU will also have a redshirt Soph Mario Pender (supposedly a stud and #4 RB coming out 2 years ago) and redshirt Fr Ryan Green (#3 all purpose back last year) ahead of him.

I can understand Lane making a business decision by going anywhere but UF to play WR, and since FSU will be loosing some WRs this year, picking them would make sense, except for the whole "UM is my dream school" and why wouldn't he want to be part of that since it is getting obvious that we are heading in the right direction regardless of the outcomes of our last 2 games and especially going to either one of our most hated rivals (UF/FSU).

Cook to FSU makes no sense unless he wants to redshirt his Fr year.

Lane to FSU: he would most likely get a lot of playing time just like at UF(or UM if he works for it)

If Cook chose UM, he would almost be guaranteed playing time, we would be bringing in him and Yearby (IMO if Powell stays at RB, he will red shirt his FR year) to help Duke out coming off of a season ending injury. Duke would most likely head to the NFL after that, and then its the Dalvin Cook and Joseph Yearby show just like HS(unless he really doesn't like splitting carries with Yearby). Not to mention he would be repping the 305 for real, staying home.

I gotta lotta respect for kids that rep their home town/city and stay home for college even if it is someone like 5 star DE Kentavious Street staying home and going to NC State(which is what most likely happens).

Is anyone really afraid of Lane? After hearing how all world he was for two years, the last year I've heard nothing except lack of production, attitude probs, and not doing much at the big national deal. I don't see it with him at all.

Don't want Cook at FSU. He has the Matt Thomas "I'm too good for my hometown" feel.

Advertisement
Is anyone really afraid of Lane? After hearing how all world he was for two years, the last year I've heard nothing except lack of production, attitude probs, and not doing much at the big national deal. I don't see it with him at all.

Don't want Cook at FSU. He has the Matt Thomas "I'm too good for my hometown" feel.

I agree with you on lane...he's either overrated or his qb must suck extremely extremely extremely bad. As for cook I agree, would suck to lose the best player in dade to fsu two years in a row

They have the best QB in the country, when he goes next year, FS will lose their 4 games a year again. That QB is the major difference.
So fsu is making up ground on both of these kids?! Fml

They're playing really good football right now, this doesn't surprise me. The 2 of them have seemed out of reach for us anyway.

You are delusional if you truly believe this. FSU is loaded, absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball. Will the next QB be like Winston? I would put money on no, but dismissing what they have done in terms of recruiting is crazy. FSU has top 5, on a bad day top 10 talent across the board.

Fsu has been loaded, just go look at last years draft. They just have a once a decade qbto make up for Dumbos choking mechanism .

Advertisement
More troubled by them reeling in Rudolph than anyone else. That kid is gonna be a monster.

I'm still not convinced that Cook will be an outstanding running back like some others are. I think he'd be a better DB than RB.

Lane hasn't impressed me since his sophomore year. Rudolph, Dixon, and JC Jackson are all better.

More troubled by them reeling in Rudolph than anyone else. That kid is gonna be a monster.

I'm still not convinced that Cook will be an outstanding running back like some others are. I think he'd be a better DB than RB.

Lane hasn't impressed me since his sophomore year. Rudolph, Dixon, and JC Jackson are all better.

Rudolph is going to be Rashad Greene Part 2. I PRAY he goes SEC if not here, which seems unlikely at this point. He is the one receiver left of the board that is a major difference maker, and I hope Johnnie Dixon commits to us and then puts on the full court press for his buddy.

Rudolph is going to be Rashad Greene Part 2. I PRAY he goes SEC if not here, which seems unlikely at this point. He is the one receiver left of the board that is a major difference maker, and I hope Johnnie Dixon commits to us and then puts on the full court press for his buddy.

JC Jackson could be just as good as Rudolph, if not better. Unfortunately for us, not only could we really use him on the defensive side, but he really wants to play DB.

ALA has proven time and time again. Defense wins championships. We shore up this defense and the offense will take care of itself. NONE of these kids are "once in a lifetime" type pickups on offense. Look at ALAs offense. Take Yeldon and Cooper out and its just about on par with ours. TWO playmakers and they are in the drivers seat. Now that DEFENSE has about 5-6 playmakers on it at any given moment. Thats what we need. Multiple playmakers on Defense. Lane, Rudolph and yes Cook are a dime a dozen in SoFla. **** I would counter that Ridley/SBB can be as good if not better then Lane/Rudoplh in 15'.

Advertisement
Back