So barry jackson says...

We've been witnessing the systematic destruction of UM football and the alienation of South Florida HS coaches and recruits because of this attitude, not to mention the fans.

It's all so Donna can feather her cap with a higher academic ranking in order to impress her elitist friends in D.C.

I, for one, am sick of it. And, I'm clearly not alone.

Advertisement
Who cares! No matter what the University does for its image the outside world will always remember the 80's. Happens to me all the time. "Huge Canes fan? Are they still ****y and crazy? I'm glad they're not winning now."

As an alum of the University of Miami, I love that we've raised our academic profile, and are a top 50 institution in the country. I also do believe that we can ABSOLUTELY maintain the positive trajectory of our academic profile, while also consistently fielding elite football, baseball, basketball, etc. teams. It can be done, and the administration needs to use that as an advantage in our favor to attract the student athletes coupled with a competent and equally elite coaching staff. That's the issue that I'm seeing...we need the administration/board of trustees to make sure that the investments they've made in our coaching staff matches the talent we bring in.

We've been witnessing the systematic destruction of UM football and the alienation of South Florida HS coaches and recruits because of this attitude, not to mention the fans.

It's all so Donna can feather her cap with a higher academic ranking in order to impress her elitist friends in D.C.

The coaches clinic was actually a pretty big hit. Not sure I remember things like that in the past. And with what the big SEC schools are allowed to get away with in recruiting, it's hard to totally fault the staff (unless you were specifically targeting the school admin). I think holding Miami's academic standards on a pedestal is paramount. It's quite possible to have a great educational institution as well as a solid football team. Just ask Stanford. Donna's doing her job, our FOOTBALL staff isn't.

Advertisement

The coaches clinic was actually a pretty big hit. Not sure I remember things like that in the past. And with what the big SEC schools are allowed to get away with in recruiting, it's hard to totally fault the staff (unless you were specifically targeting the school admin). I think holding Miami's academic standards on a pedestal is paramount. It's quite possible to have a great educational institution as well as a solid football team. Just ask Stanford. Donna's doing her job, our FOOTBALL staff isn't.

So, you're saying Stanford is our new ceiling? They've won the Pac-10, what twice and never sniffed a MNC.

Fold the program.

A college position coach told me there were 50-100 coaches the day he attended the clinic. In contrast he says there are 400-500 coaches at LSU's clinic. If true, it's pretty stunning.

Wake up.

The school can't publicly support anything like that. It goes against the mission statement.

Now what's said behind the scenes... well, that's another story.

Advertisement

So, you're saying Stanford is our new ceiling? They've won the Pac-10, what twice and never sniffed a MNC.

Fold the program.

They've won the PAC-10...PERIOD. We haven't done **** in the ACC. But you're missing the point. It IS possible to have great academics AND athletics. We're all frustrated bro.

A college position coach told me there were 50-100 coaches the day he attended the clinic. In contrast he says there are 400-500 coaches at LSU's clinic. If true, it's pretty stunning.

Then 50- 100 coaches obviously aren't being alienated. And I'm sure plenty more were invited that declined

If only we could figure out who hired the staff and gave them undeserved contract extensions.

Advertisement

If only we could figure out who hired the staff and gave them undeserved contract extensions.

I get it. But by saying the school is alienated SoFla HS coaches and recruits because we can't sign every kid with a .2 GPA that happens to be able to tote the rock, is ludicrous. I think Donna hired a great public speaker and yeah, "used car salesman". But don't kid yourself they all blow hot air to these kids to sell their product. Some other schools just play a dirtier game because honestly Alabama/ LSU/ Tennessee/ Ole Miss etc. could give a **** about scholastic integrity. They and the NCAA are in the business of making money thru sports. Exclude Vandy.

Whooping you better stop you're making to much sense, and a lot of people on here are blind to the facts. But I say if we wait patiently sooner or later Donna and her puppets will retire and we can get a young hungry president to right this ship!

I can be considered a Liberal , but man like I said a thousand times, the U's leadership President, Board and AD are passive, Liberal Administrators who are out of their league when it comes to orchestrating a Championship Caliber new era NCAA football program. I still don't understand: 1. How a few minimum qualifiers on a football team downgrades you academic status and quality of professional programs. 2. How they can not see and be tunnel visioned to getting all that cash by having a top program. 3. Footballs team value to help funding all the other non-profitable sports. 4. When all they need to do is bring in a professional staff like Greg Schiano and Co. and pay them handsomely. The investment will pay off ten fold from the current state of the program. Guaranteed!

Advertisement
Lulz at the admins sitting on their high horse talking about class. They can take their academic standards and shove them up their ***. Bunch of self important ********. **** them

They're all sitting up in their ivy towers, clueless to what is happening around them.

This site should organize a boycott until they get their priorities straight.

o, after this new backstabbing, how many of you are going to find a new college to whining for? can't wait!

"Some high-ranking UM people didn’t believe the original film helped the program, because they want the public to associate UM with high education and winning with class, not swagger and colorful antics and boasting." Guess it ends the debate about the school being image conscious

so I'm sure there is a group at Alabama thinking the same thing...so what!!! We will win if the guy continues to recruit like we have been recently and now that the SEC-led NCAA is off our back!!!

Advertisement
Back