So....Arthur Sitkowski went to fsu Jr day...and the next day

Here's what gator writer Luke stampini had to say about sitkowski today

"-QB Artur Sitkowski once again flashed an elite arm. He makes some really impressive throws. However, he did make some bad throws and decisions at times too. That's UF's biggest hesitation with him after another year of pedestrian stats during the fall. I think he's leaning towards Miami as the Hurricanes have continued after Sitkowski. If it clicks for Sitkowski mentally, the physical tools are there to be elite."

Yet they take jake allen LMAO

Advertisement
Prefer Milton.

Neither one of them are polished, but I like the fact that Milton is from Florida and probably hasn't had anywhere near the amount of tutelage that Sitowski has had.

"-QB Artur Sitkowski once again flashed an elite arm. He makes some really impressive throws. However, he did make some bad throws and decisions at times too. That's UF's biggest hesitation with him after another year of pedestrian stats during the fall. I think he's leaning towards Miami as the Hurricanes have continued after Sitkowski. If it clicks for Sitkowski mentally, the physical tools are there to be elite."

Yet they took Jake Allen :puzzled:

Lmfaooooo

Advertisement
I'll go with Richt when it comes do QB. He has always done pretty well at that position throughout his career. Whoever we get this year, will likely end up sitting a couple of years anyways. Why not get the guy who has the best physical tools and spend the next couple of years developing him? Sounds like Artur is the ideal player for that situation.

I actually like this kid a lot. All the physical tools are there. His stats aren't good, but considering his situation it's not the biggest shocker. Didn't play in a QB friendly offense and pretty much had little to no talent around him. When your receivers can't create separation, your completion percentage is not going to be great and you will throw picks due to consistently having to try fitting the ball into tight spaces.

While not completely sold on him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a huge senior year playing in a better offense with more talent. He does need to make better decisions, but his footwork is great and he really should be listed more as a dual threat IMO because he runs very well.

Think I would rather have Dorian Thompson-Robinson, but after DTR I don't think anyone else is head and shoulders above the rest. Senior year will be big for both Sitkowski and Milton, who really didn't have a very good junior year either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We'll see how he does his Senior year. Boy is big, and can move, arm seems decent. I think it'll come together for him this year. To be honest, he will have a year or two before he ever see's game action and with the offensive talent we are amassing he won't be asked to do much. Just get the ball in the hands of the playmakers and let them do their thing.

Plus our defense is probably going to give up an avg of -2 points per game. So I could probably QB this team to #6 .

Advertisement
Why do people keep throwing out stats as a reason we shouldn't take Arthur but want Milton who had a 47% completion rate? It doesn't look like either qbs tore it during their junior campaign. Additionally, college coaches dont care that much about the stats because both kids have tools that project towards next level success. I'll ride with richt if he wants sitowski as his #1 although it appears if fsu offers him he'll commit on the spot

Last edited by a moderator:
*** I posted this in another thread but thought it would be fitting here also***

Link to a very good write about the Miami's 2018 Prospects.
#Storm18 - State of The U

# Storm18

....Artur Sitkowski - 6'4 220lbs 4-star QB from out of Old Bridge NJ, is a highly rated QB with a great arm & all the physical tools you like to see in a Pro-style QB. Has been recruited by Coach Richt & staff since his Sophomore year, he's visited Miami twice last year, first in July & later in the year as well. He was very impressed with Miami's academic program during his visit, he met with the Deans & the School President (similar to what Miami did with Amari Carter & Lorenzo Lingard), and he's made clear he has legit interest in Miami. He's also slated to visit Miami on Feb 25th, is supposed to be making his commitment announcement some time between now & the Summer, as of now Miami is real high on his list, he really likes Miami & has a good relationship with Coach Richt. However, hometown Rutgers, along with Duke, Florida, PSU, Tenn & others also have a great chance at landing him.

He's transferring to IMG Academy for his Senior Season and is looking to have a much better year than he did his Junior year. His Junior season was a huge red flag (in terms of on the field play), he finished the season with just 1100+yds 5TD's & 10INT's, he has 15INT's for his high school career to just 21TD's. I'm sorry but that's alarming to me. That's not a good TD to INT ratio at all & what concerns me the most is him transferring to IMG he'll look great surrounded by all that talent they have there, but that could make his Senior season (which hasn't happened yet lol) look like fools gold.

Similar to what we saw with Jake Allen transferring from Cardinal Gibbons to St. Thomas Aquinas, he didn't look anything special with lesser talent around him, then you put him on a powerhouse team like STA & they still win the State title, despite Allen's porous play. Look, I trust the staff wholeheartedly, so if they want Sitkowski then I won't 2nd guess them at all, however if I'm being completely honest that Junior year is a huge eye opener for me as far as his evaluation is concerned.....

He is # 4 playing QB on the black jersey team his team lost 37-17 he was 17 of 33 for 177yds 1 TD & 3 Int's
Link
Artur Sitkowski's (Old Bridge, NJ) Football Stats | MaxPreps

(this was not one of his better performances but it supports the concerns raised in the quoted article above).link
https://vimeo.com/190344092

[video=vimeo;190344092]https://vimeo.com/190344092[/video]

Last edited:
Lets see what he does at IMG. Richt wants him in the worst way. I trust his QB evals.

Advertisement
Fisher helps FSU stand out to four-star QB Artur Sitkowski

"I think they would go right to the top if they offer me. They fit my check box and everything. I am looking for a great school, good academics, with a great tradition, with a great coach, an offensive-minded coach. Coach Fisher has put so many quarterbacks into the NFL. It would be huge for me. I think they would go instantly right to the top."

not sure what the CBs to UM mean, maybe they dont think fsu will offer. if he's Richt's #1 though thats a moo point

How is his mobility ? Seems like we need an identity when it comes to recruiting qbs.

He's athletic enough to move. I saw a few read options and he was faster than I expected.

What impresses me most about him is his footwork/awareness in the pocket.

Am I missing something? How many QB's has jumbo put in the league other than crab legs?

"I think they would go right to the top if they offer me. They fit my check box and everything. I am looking for a great school, good academics, with a great tradition, with a great coach, an offensive-minded coach. Coach Fisher has put so many quarterbacks into the NFL. It would be huge for me. I think they would go instantly right to the top."

not sure what the CBs to UM mean, maybe they dont think fsu will offer. if he's Richt's #1 though thats a moo point

How is his mobility ? Seems like we need an identity when it comes to recruiting qbs.

He's athletic enough to move. I saw a few read options and he was faster than I expected.

What impresses me most about him is his footwork/awareness in the pocket.

Am I missing something? How many QB's has jumbo put in the league other than crab legs?

He actually put a lot in the league manynof which perfomances did not warrant being drafted as high as they did. Jamarcus Russel, Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel were all his qbs and 1st rounders. I swear Ponder and Manuel surprised everyone with their selections. JR had Dwayne Bowe and was drafted off of beating up a porous defense by ND.

Yet they took Jake Allen :puzzled:

considering that this is UF we're talking about.. my flags would of been raised if UF actually went after him since they don't know what a good QB looks like.

Them going after Allen means.. stay the **** away from Jake Allen.

Chik-Fil-A_cow-eat-mor-chikin.jpg

Advertisement
Back