Smith is a Hurricane

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The pipeline is flowing strong. After a few years of talk that the relationship between the University of Miami and Miami Northwestern High School was scarred, the ‘Canes have landed a Bull for the second straight recruiting cycle. 2014 DE/OLB Michael Smith committed to Miami coaches today at camp.

“I knew I was going to commit. I had it planned for a few days. I had been thinking about it and then I went to see Alabama, FSU, UF, Georgia and some other schools and that made me think I should commit when I got back,” said Smith.
Ultimately, the decision came down to one thing.

“It was the home atmosphere. I feel at home like I do at Miami Northwestern.”

Although his family wasn’t pushing him to stay home, they’re now excited about having Smith close.

“My family basically told me it was my decision on where I wanted to go and they would live with whatever decision I made because I’m the one who has to play football and go to school there for the next four years of my life, but when I decided I wanted to go to Miami it made them happy because I’m basically going to be down the street.”

Smith will turn his attention now to helping Miami add to their 2014 class.

“Of course I’m going to try to get them on board with me, but at the end of the day it’s their decisions for what they want to do.”
There has been much debate about Smith’s position at the next level, which is still an open discussion.

“They say they see my future as a weakside backer and a third-down pass rusher. It also depends on how my body develops because they also said I could play middle linebacker too.”

Smith’s defensive coordinator at Miami Northwestern/notorious ‘Canes fan Luther Campbell had a message for his star player when he committed.

“He was excited and told me welcome to the family and he was glad to have me on board.”

Advertisement
Smith’s defensive coordinator at Miami Northwestern/notorious ‘Canes fan Luther Campbell had a message for his star player when he committed.

“He was excited and told me welcome to the family and he was glad to have me on board.”

LOL

Excellent work, PA. This sort of effort can get overlooked amidst all the melodrama of message boarding, opinion flag waving and such.

Advertisement
Ariz tryna get cane fans to like Luke.....it ain't happening bruh. The man is two faced.

kinglew is right Luke is pro UM but God forbid he disagrees with CIS masses then they say hes not a cane but smart fans know he is.

Advertisement
Luke's negativity toward The U is why people are negative toward him. It is not about Luke disagreeing with fans and coaches. It is about him taking family business public and spreading negativity at a time we need to be united.

Advertisement
Ariz tryna get cane fans to like Luke.....it ain't happening bruh. The man is two faced.

I like Luke. Sometimes he runs his mouth when he gets upset but who doesn't? He's a passionate Canes fan, and at the end of the day, Artie Burns and now Mike Smith have committed to us, and that wouldn't have happened if their coach had something against our program.

Nope, Luke is fine with me. It's the fairweather fans who can't even show up to games that I do have a problem with.

This kid has as much potential as any defensive recruit we've landed recently.

Glad we got this one done.

Advertisement
We got another MNW kid?

But but but...Luke is anti-UM and hates Miami. How can that be????

I like Luke. Sometimes he runs his mouth when he gets upset but who doesn't? He's a passionate Canes fan, and at the end of the day, Artie Burns and now Mike Smith have committed to us, and that wouldn't have happened if their coach had something against our program.

Nope, Luke is fine with me. It's the fairweather fans who can't even show up to games that I do have a problem with.

This right here.

Campbell is as loyal as all the T-shirt fans that never go to games. And on the same level as those who deride coaches and call for firings in the middle of a clear rebuilding process.

Advertisement
Back