Small note on Brevin Jordan and the class

ESPN has to bump him up(they have him at 32 or so but they did praise him all week from the Under Armour practices

ESPN seems to be due for a final ranking, I think he may be able to squeeze in and snag that extra star.

ESPN has Pope down in the 200s, if not for them he’d be a 5 Starr as well. So i can’t rely on them to call the right shots.

Advertisement
Im still ****ed about Brevin's ranking. Not because of the ranking itself. Their reasoning is bull****. That screenshot of Barton Simmons talking about his height made it back to Brevin, who then said something to Simmons about it. But Rivals did him the same way. I read a breakdown of their TE rankings and there was a debate over whether he should be the #1 TE. Heard it again on one of their podcasts. It came down to his height. They even admitted that he's probably the best TE and will be a monster at Miami, but he is not 6'6. They claim 5* influenced by the NFL draft and the NFL takes measurements like height very seriously. Ok fine.
Since they like to look at classes in 4 year groupings (representing freshman year to senior year), there have been 4 TE taken in the first round since 2014. These are their heights and weights, taken from the combine. I mixed Brevin in with them.
6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

If Brevin's size is such a negative, it should easily stand out. And their talk of him barely being 6ft makes no sense. Wasn't his height and weight measured at the opening?

Isn't the 6'3 pushing it with him though?

That's the mystery answer. According to them it is. But don't they measure recruits height and weight at the opening? ESPN and 247 both have him listed at 6'3/250 and I know they use numbers from the opening. Rivals has no association with the opening whatsoever. So its no surprise they think he's smaller. I'd sure like to know though.

ESPN has to bump him up(they have him at 32 or so but they did praise him all week from the Under Armour practices

ESPN seems to be due for a final ranking, I think he may be able to squeeze in and snag that extra star.

lol Gotta be. They still have mystery man Jalen Patterson listed as a 4*

i'm still not entirely convinced that jalen patterson is a real person.

ha.. Me either! Dude vanished after he lost his Miami offer. Even abandoned twitter.

Small and meaningless note, but something to be proud of nonetheless.

With rivals new update:
Brevin Jordan is now the 247 composite #1 TE in the nation. He's currently #32 overall and has the opportunity to finish as a five star with even the most minute bump up by any of the ranking services.
Miami leapfrogs bama to currently hold #5 class overall, with an opportunity to finish in the top 3 once Surtain and the others commit.

Love ur optimism w Surtain

? It's not optimism. I've already shared with the board that he's coming.

I'm crowning you if he comes....but if he doesn't.................................................................................

Brevin is the most NFL ready tight end I've seen out of HS ever. He's so fast, so athletic, so quick and he shows he can play today and make an impact anyway you want to use him. The fact that that bum O'Leary was a 5* and Brevin is struggling to get there is a joke

Advertisement

With rivals new update:
Brevin Jordan is now the 247 composite #1 TE in the nation. He's currently #32 overall and has the opportunity to finish as a five star with even the most minute bump up by any of the ranking services.
Miami leapfrogs bama to currently hold #5 class overall, with an opportunity to finish in the top 3 once Surtain and the others commit.

Based off what? Is this a hunch or an actual source?

Some questions are better left unanswered

With rivals new update:

I'm crowning you if he comes....but if he doesn't.................................................................................

LOL...it will be similar to Denzel and the Russians in Training Day for you Jr...just saying.

With rivals new update:

LOL...it will be similar to Denzel and the Russians in Training Day for you Jr...just saying.

Yessir. LOL.

Brevin is the most NFL ready tight end I've seen out of HS ever. He's so fast, so athletic, so quick and he shows he can play today and make an impact anyway you want to use him. The fact that that bum O'Leary was a 5* and Brevin is struggling to get there is a joke

The best I've ever seen enrolling here, and I was pretty high on Winslow Jr. He runs like a HB/WR.

Also, Mallory is no slouch either. Dude can fly, and LBs are going to have a tough time covering him as well. Matchup nightmare.

Advertisement
Im still ****ed about Brevin's ranking. Not because of the ranking itself. Their reasoning is bull****. That screenshot of Barton Simmons talking about his height made it back to Brevin, who then said something to Simmons about it. But Rivals did him the same way. I read a breakdown of their TE rankings and there was a debate over whether he should be the #1 TE. Heard it again on one of their podcasts. It came down to his height. They even admitted that he's probably the best TE and will be a monster at Miami, but he is not 6'6. They claim 5* influenced by the NFL draft and the NFL takes measurements like height very seriously. Ok fine.
Since they like to look at classes in 4 year groupings (representing freshman year to senior year), there have been 4 TE taken in the first round since 2014. These are their heights and weights, taken from the combine. I mixed Brevin in with them.
6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

If Brevin's size is such a negative, it should easily stand out. And their talk of him barely being 6ft makes no sense. Wasn't his height and weight measured at the opening?

Evan Engram is the same size as Brevin Jordan and he was a 1st round pick. Jordan Reed is 6'2".

And folks wonder why I don't take scouting services seriously.

6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

No, he stood next Njoku on his visit to Miami and was only an inch shorter and njoku is listed at 6’4. Regardless Jordan is probably the most explosive tight end I’ve seen in along time

lol Gotta be. They still have mystery man Jalen Patterson listed as a 4*

i'm still not entirely convinced that jalen patterson is a real person.

Lol that’s what I’m starting to think! Can we get some confirmation on this jalen kid mods? Is he real?

Advertisement
The only thing that matters to me is Jordan is an excellent prospect and more importantly, comes to Miami and performs like an AA. I could care less how many stars bunch of non athletes wanna give out.

6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

No, he stood next Njoku on his visit to Miami and was only an inch shorter and njoku is listed at 6’4. Regardless Jordan is probably the most explosive tight end I’ve seen in along time

What's you're definition of explosive?

Advertisement

With rivals new update:

I have never thought of him as a real prospect but if we get him I will crown ya.

I believe a lot of the star rankings are based on potential (How they might develop for the NFL). Brevin is a little shorter than most TE's in the NFL but he's going to be an absolute monster for us.

6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

What's you're definition of explosive?

The way he moves as a tight end. Has great speed but he just doesn’t look like a tight end running with the ball in his hands

6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

Evan Engram is the same size as Brevin Jordan and he was a 1st round pick. Jordan Reed is 6'2".

And folks wonder why I don't take scouting services seriously.

Brevin is actually already bigger than Evan Engram and Jordan Reed. He's 250 now

Advertisement
Back