Small note on Brevin Jordan and the class

Dan Sileo JR

Band
Banned
Small and meaningless note, but something to be proud of nonetheless.

With rivals new update:
Brevin Jordan is now the 247 composite #1 TE in the nation. He's currently #32 overall and has the opportunity to finish as a five star with even the most minute bump up by any of the ranking services.
Miami leapfrogs bama to currently hold #5 class overall, with an opportunity to finish in the top 3 once Surtain and the others commit.

Advertisement
LOL at the number #1TE in the nation not being a 5 star. I bet my life if he was committed to Bama or OSU he would have his 5th star.

Brevin Jordan ***** on Nauta as a prospect and he was a 5* for Georgia. Superstar in the making

With rivals new update:
Brevin Jordan is now the 247 composite #1 TE in the nation. He's currently #32 overall and has the opportunity to finish as a five star with even the most minute bump up by any of the ranking services.
Miami leapfrogs bama to currently hold #5 class overall, with an opportunity to finish in the top 3 once Surtain and the others commit.

Love ur optimism w Surtain

Advertisement
ESPN has to bump him up(they have him at 32 or so but they did praise him all week from the Under Armour practices

With rivals new update:

? It's not optimism. I've already shared with the board that he's coming.

ESPN has to bump him up(they have him at 32 or so but they did praise him all week from the Under Armour practices

ESPN seems to be due for a final ranking, I think he may be able to squeeze in and snag that extra star.

Advertisement

With rivals new update:

Based off what? Is this a hunch or an actual source?

Im still ****ed about Brevin's ranking. Not because of the ranking itself. Their reasoning is bull****. That screenshot of Barton Simmons talking about his height made it back to Brevin, who then said something to Simmons about it. But Rivals did him the same way. I read a breakdown of their TE rankings and there was a debate over whether he should be the #1 TE. Heard it again on one of their podcasts. It came down to his height. They even admitted that he's probably the best TE and will be a monster at Miami, but he is not 6'6. They claim 5* influenced by the NFL draft and the NFL takes measurements like height very seriously. Ok fine.
Since they like to look at classes in 4 year groupings (representing freshman year to senior year), there have been 4 TE taken in the first round since 2014. These are their heights and weights, taken from the combine. I mixed Brevin in with them.
6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

If Brevin's size is such a negative, it should easily stand out. And their talk of him barely being 6ft makes no sense. Wasn't his height and weight measured at the opening?

With rivals new update:

If you want to keep this thread alive say they're NOT coming. Positivity is not welcomed around here!

It will be a nightmare for a LB or DB to cover Jordan. He's going to be fun to watch for 3 years. Love this kid!

Advertisement

With rivals new update:

Ive been trying to convince Cane fans since June he was coming but what do I know.

Dude is the most electric TE to come out in a while. He's going to absolutely tear it up with a good QB throwing him the ball. He's a threat to score whenever he catches the ball, and there's not a LB in the country that can cover him. He's that good.

Advertisement
Im still ****ed about Brevin's ranking. Not because of the ranking itself. Their reasoning is bull****. That screenshot of Barton Simmons talking about his height made it back to Brevin, who then said something to Simmons about it. But Rivals did him the same way. I read a breakdown of their TE rankings and there was a debate over whether he should be the #1 TE. Heard it again on one of their podcasts. It came down to his height. They even admitted that he's probably the best TE and will be a monster at Miami, but he is not 6'6. They claim 5* influenced by the NFL draft and the NFL takes measurements like height very seriously. Ok fine.
Since they like to look at classes in 4 year groupings (representing freshman year to senior year), there have been 4 TE taken in the first round since 2014. These are their heights and weights, taken from the combine. I mixed Brevin in with them.
6'6/251
6'4/250
6'4/246
6'3/250
6'3/234

If Brevin's size is such a negative, it should easily stand out. And their talk of him barely being 6ft makes no sense. Wasn't his height and weight measured at the opening?

Isn't the 6'3 pushing it with him though?

Advertisement
Back