Slice Miami: Le Batard: Brad Kaaya is ‘not special’

harphong

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
"Ripe off a disappointing 20-19 loss to a very mediocre Florida State Seminoles squad, and Dan Le Batard is not impressed with Brad Kaaya.

That offensive line is not good and those skill position guys are not what we’ve come to expect from the University of Miami,” Le Batard said during the local hour of his radio show. “So he is playing in handcuffs that make it very hard to make a determination on how good he actually is but on Saturday I’m willing to declare, not special. Even with those as the dilutors on the front end and it matters, it absolutely matters, but not special ’cause that’s not a good FSU defense. It’s simply not.

Upon hearing Kaaya was playing with a shoulder injury, Le Batard did backtrack a bit, saying that info is “not irrelevant” and he made a couple of throws in that game he wasn’t used to seeing him make, throws that “somebody would make in a high school game.”

Injured or not, Kaaya didn’t look sharp, completing 19 of 32 passes for 214 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Making things incredibly difficult for Miami’s junior quarterback was the weak protection up front and the lackluster rushing attack (2.2 yards per rush), but again, this Florida State defense gave up 37, 35, and 63 points the previous three weeks.

With North Carolina and Virginia Tech on deck, we’ll know plenty more about what Kaaya and the Hurricanes are made of in the coming weeks."

- I've thought about who's to blame for the offensive quandry...

NOline - obvious

Bard - merit to the argument. pretty darn good - but not elite for today's college game- solidly in that camp.

but really,

Rekt:
He knew coming into the job what he had for an OLine, had to see it wasn't good, despite Searls' best efforts and 4 games in - FAU...

He knew Bard was a pure pocket passer behind a garbage NOline, yet had him "open the playbook finally," lol,to a slew of RPOs and draws that were doomed as soon as they lined up...

21 ppg vs. GT
19 ppg vs. and abysmal and even more depleted in game FSU defense....

So, yeah LeRartd is web ***** provacateur with this, but he ain't wrong so far either.

I think Bard will be pretty good in the league if he doesn't go to Cleveland, but Rekt hasn't worked any sort of miracle through half the season and the one game that mattered more than any other in his first year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LeBatard's views on actual sports (when he takes a breather from race) = not special.

Is anything he saying false? Yes he is playing with handcuffs, but is there anything truly elite in his game?

He has had an average career with no signature wins. Why does everyone keep sugarcoating it?

"Ripe off a disappointing 20-19 loss to a very mediocre Florida State Seminoles squad, and Dan Le Batard is not impressed with Brad Kaaya.

That offensive line is not good and those skill position guys are not what we’ve come to expect from the University of Miami,” Le Batard said during the local hour of his radio show. “So he is playing in handcuffs that make it very hard to make a determination on how good he actually is but on Saturday I’m willing to declare, not special. Even with those as the dilutors on the front end and it matters, it absolutely matters, but not special ’cause that’s not a good FSU defense. It’s simply not.

Upon hearing Kaaya was playing with a shoulder injury, Le Batard did backtrack a bit, saying that info is “not irrelevant” and he made a couple of throws in that game he wasn’t used to seeing him make, throws that “somebody would make in a high school game.”

Injured or not, Kaaya didn’t look sharp, completing 19 of 32 passes for 214 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Making things incredibly difficult for Miami’s junior quarterback was the weak protection up front and the lackluster rushing attack (2.2 yards per rush), but again, this Florida State defense gave up 37, 35, and 63 points the previous three weeks.

With North Carolina and Virginia Tech on deck, we’ll know plenty more about what Kaaya and the Hurricanes are made of in the coming weeks."

Not making excuses for Brad or Mark, they both could've been much better. But I can promise that the FSU didn't play like they played us the previous three weeks.

This is concerning.

Advertisement
Wow what an epiphany from Le Betard. Him and Kaaya have one thing in common, they are both overrated in their respective fields.

LeBatard's views on actual sports (when he takes a breather from race) = not special.

Sorry Bud but he's spot on; I've been on the Kaaya train since day 1. It's ******* amazing what the guy did as a freshman but after saturday... even that boy out in UNC can carry a team. He couldn't pick apart one of the worst P5 defenses with horrible corner play.

First time I ever say something negative about BK but he just can't do it by himself like other college QBs can.

Is anything he saying false? Yes he is playing with handcuffs, but is there anything truly elite in his game?

He has had an average career with no signature wins. Why does everyone keep sugarcoating it?

Kaaya is hand cuffed, right.....

giphy.gif

Advertisement

seriously every conversation on that show somehow becomes about race or he'll run whole segments that have nothing to do with sports. who still listens to that guy?

don shula got to the super bowl with david woodley and don strock

joe gibbs won a ring with marc rypien

urban meyer won a NC with a 3rd string qb

not saying richt needs to be this level of coach but he's got to adapt more to what kaaya does well and avoid what he doesn't do as well

Sorry Bud but he's spot on; I've been on the Kaaya train since day 1. It's ****ing amazing what the guy did as a freshman but after saturday... even that boy out in UNC can carry a team. He couldn't pick apart one of the worst P5 defenses with horrible corner play.

First time I ever say something negative about BK but he just can't do it by himself like other college QBs can.

that boy outta UNC that just looked garbage against V-Tech? You guys would be calling for his head too. let's not bs ourselves. this is a another week to week overraction by this sensitive fanbase who still have PTSD from Golden.

Sorry Bud but he's spot on; I've been on the Kaaya train since day 1. It's ****ing amazing what the guy did as a freshman but after saturday... even that boy out in UNC can carry a team. He couldn't pick apart one of the worst P5 defenses with horrible corner play.

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree with the opinion but I don't respect the source. I actually find Lebatard entertaining but he only watches Canes football on a cursory level so I'd respect what he says about as much if some national host like Cowherd watched one game and then started offering all kinds of analysis of our offense or something.

Advertisement

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree with the opinion but I don't respect the source. I actually find Lebatard entertaining but he only watches Canes football on a cursory level so I'd respect what he says about as much if some national host like Cowherd watched one game and then started offering all kinds of analysis of our offense or something.

Fair enough. LeBatard's whole shtick is to "not talk about sports" so you're right in taking his football opinion lightly.

This shoulder injury spin of course came out bc Brad Kaaya was taking heat for another choke job. Smh it does nothing but gives more credit to the belief that he's soft.

Dan LeBasturd is a Rat Snitch in addition to being a no-talent phony.
Not sure why anyone who claims to be a Cane fan pays attention to anything he says or writes.
What short memory folks on this site have to mention this colostomy bag.

Advertisement
Is he elite? Nope.

Is he a good college QB? Yep.

Is this offense geared well to his abilities? Nope.

Can't argue you with him. Even if his shoulder was hurt, couldn't be as bad as Francois...didn't stop him from making the plays he needed to make.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back