Sleeping with the enemy

Here's a link where Mark Stoops had issues with it back at a bowl where two players were injured on consecutive plays (I'm not saying your wrong, but Google does) and let Paul Johnson know about it

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...nson-mark-stoops-kentucky-georgia-tech-blocks

And I would put a case of beer up that says there will be multiple penalties this weekend against GT for illegal blocks...

This is one of those situations where google is, in fact wrong. We GT fans actually sort of hold this up as the primary example of the facts not fitting the narrative.

The claim is we hurt people with cut blocks.

The facts are that we really don't.

Stoops claimed we hurt his players with cut blocks.

The facts are that his players got hurt on regular old run of the mill standing blocks where his dudes got pancaked.

He then got all bent out of shape and ran his yap despite being entirely full of it.

Are chop blocks against the rules? YES, and they should be penalized every time they take place.

I think GT commits way less of those than you think.

Would you be willing to put a case of beer on any game dependent completely on GT not getting an illegal blocking call? I don't think any of your fans would (and expect to win the bet)...you can't say with a straight face that you guys won't get called for it especially after 2016 rule changes that made cut blocks to the side of the legs illegal outside the tackle box...not all cut blocks are legal anymore and haven't been for over a year...

Advertisement
Here's a link where Mark Stoops had issues with it back at a bowl where two players were injured on consecutive plays (I'm not saying your wrong, but Google does) and let Paul Johnson know about it

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...nson-mark-stoops-kentucky-georgia-tech-blocks

And I would put a case of beer up that says there will be multiple penalties this weekend against GT for illegal blocks...

This is one of those situations where google is, in fact wrong. We GT fans actually sort of hold this up as the primary example of the facts not fitting the narrative.

The facts are that his players got hurt on regular old run of the mill standing blocks where his dudes got pancaked.

He then got all bent out of shape and ran his yap despite being entirely full of it.

Are chop blocks against the rules? YES, and they should be penalized every time they take place.

Would you be willing to put a case of beer on any game dependent completely on GT not getting an illegal blocking call? I don't think any of your fans would (and expect to win the bet)...you can't say with a straight face that you guys won't get called for it especially after 2016 rule changes that made cut blocks to the side of the legs illegal outside the tackle box...not all cut blocks are legal anymore and haven't been for over a year...
Maybe if we had been called for it many times this year, but that hasn't happened. And they still aren't calling it when it's on the side. Jut saw Miami do this to Duke with no flag.

Maybe if we had been called for it many times this year, but that hasn't happened. And they still aren't calling it when it's on the side. Jut saw Miami do this to Duke with no flag.

So you're saying that GT won't get called for any illegal blocks tomorrow? and will not commit any illegal blocks tomorrow (regardless of if it is called or not because they are a "clean" team that does not commit illegal blocks)? I bet JaX State would disagree with you...

Conversation is done, you don't think GT makes illegal blocks but the rest of college football does...I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right

Last edited:

Define illegal blocking. Chop block? Yep, I'd make that bet. Holding? Nah, holding happens on every play and it's just a matter of whether the refs call it. Plus your DL is good enough that we'll likely be in trouble in passing situations.

FWIW, GT is literally the least penalized team in college football: https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game

Last year we were #15 , the year before that we were #2 .

So you're saying that GT won't get called for any illegal blocks tomorrow? and will not commit any illegal blocks tomorrow (regardless of if it is called or not because they are a "clean" team that does not commit illegal blocks)? I bet JaX State would disagree with you...

Conversation is done, you don't think GT makes illegal blocks but the rest of college football does...I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right
Go back and read my comments. I said they have committed chop blocks and that it needs to be penalized. It just doesn't happen as much as other fans think IMO. I'm not saying it won't happen tomorrow either. It very well could happen just like Miami could do it to GT. You can say every other team thinks it happens all you want, and if you show me proof that GT blocks illegally all the time I will agree with you 100 percent. Funny thing is, I have asked multiple fan bases to prove it with evidence but they can't. So if there is no evidence you tell me if it's a true statement or not. If you want to prove me wrong show me the proof.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who let the GT faqqots come in here and have free reign? Where is the Ban Hammer when you need it?

Advertisement
GT is g.ay for using cut blocks as the basis of their ******* offense. Stop acting like it isn't purposefully going for a weak part of the body that is easily susceptible to injury. You guys are literally trying to hurt our players, and any defense of it is retarded and simply makes what you have to say worthless on the matter. But Even if you are completely right, and these BS *** Cut blocks don't injure the players immediately by tearing their acl or something, well don't you think it adds up on the players body when they go an entire game getting 300lb OL diving at their knees? Its the same thing with CTE, you don't just develop it from getting a concussion or by getting knocked out on one play, you develop it during the course of your career, with every time you bang your head on an OL, every time you hit someone. Like Cut Blocks don't significantly increase the chances defenders hyper-extend their knee or something. I wonder how many defensive players can barely walk the day after playing GT or navy...

Having said that only chance GT has at winning this game is if they absolutely dominate the TOP. Their strategy will obviously be just to run down the clock and only give us a few opportunities to score which will put pressure on our offense and Richt to not call **** plays because he will only be given limited chances. However, I think our Run D will significantly improve for this week. My biggest concern is how much PT our backups will play. Our backup LBs are simply ******* terrible. And against a team like GT, we will need to sub out our LBs quite often. And thats just not something that will help us. If we have Owens, Smith, or Perry on the field at LB we are absolutely screwed imo. Other than that though, I'm confident we will win and shut down their offense pretty well.

GT is g.ay for using cut blocks as the basis of their ****ing offense. Stop acting like it isn't purposefully going for a weak part of the body that is easily susceptible to injury. You guys are literally trying to hurt our players, and any defense of it is retarded and simply makes what you have to say worthless on the matter. But Even if you are completely right, and these BS *** Cut blocks don't injure the players immediately by tearing their acl or something, well don't you think it adds up on the players body when they go an entire game getting 300lb OL diving at their knees? Its the same thing with CTE, you don't just develop it from getting a concussion or by getting knocked out on one play, you develop it during the course of your career, with every time you bang your head on an OL, every time you hit someone. Like Cut Blocks don't significantly increase the chances defenders hyper-extend their knee or something. I wonder how many defensive players can barely walk the day after playing GT or navy...

Having said that only chance GT has at winning this game is if they absolutely dominate the TOP. Their strategy will obviously be just to run down the clock and only give us a few opportunities to score which will put pressure on our offense and Richt to not call **** plays because he will only be given limited chances. However, I think our Run D will significantly improve for this week. My biggest concern is how much PT our backups will play. Our backup LBs are simply ****ing terrible. And against a team like GT, we will need to sub out our LBs quite often. And thats just not something that will help us. If we have Owens, Smith, or Perry on the field at LB we are absolutely screwed imo. Other than that though, I'm confident we will win and shut down their offense pretty well.
Well if we are purposely trying to hurt players we are pretty bad at it since we don't injure very many players. There is no proof of it being dangerous. I bet you can't find one player injured by a GT cut block. I did see Miami do it against Duke though. We even cut block our own team and I've never heard of someone being injured in Practice from that. Why would we cut our own team if it was so dangerous?

GT is g.ay for using cut blocks as the basis of their ****ing offense. Stop acting like it isn't purposefully going for a weak part of the body that is easily susceptible to injury. You guys are literally trying to hurt our players, and any defense of it is retarded and simply makes what you have to say worthless on the matter. But Even if you are completely right, and these BS *** Cut blocks don't injure the players immediately by tearing their acl or something, well don't you think it adds up on the players body when they go an entire game getting 300lb OL diving at their knees? Its the same thing with CTE, you don't just develop it from getting a concussion or by getting knocked out on one play, you develop it during the course of your career, with every time you bang your head on an OL, every time you hit someone. Like Cut Blocks don't significantly increase the chances defenders hyper-extend their knee or something. I wonder how many defensive players can barely walk the day after playing GT or navy...

Having said that only chance GT has at winning this game is if they absolutely dominate the TOP. Their strategy will obviously be just to run down the clock and only give us a few opportunities to score which will put pressure on our offense and Richt to not call **** plays because he will only be given limited chances. However, I think our Run D will significantly improve for this week. My biggest concern is how much PT our backups will play. Our backup LBs are simply ****ing terrible. And against a team like GT, we will need to sub out our LBs quite often. And thats just not something that will help us. If we have Owens, Smith, or Perry on the field at LB we are absolutely screwed imo. Other than that though, I'm confident we will win and shut down their offense pretty well.
Well if we are purposely trying to hurt players we are pretty bad at it since we don't injure very many players. There is no proof of it being dangerous. I bet you can't find one player injured by a GT cut block. I did see Miami do it against Duke though. We even cut block our own team and I've never heard of someone being injured in Practice from that. Why would we cut our own team if it was so dangerous?

newsflash everyone, 300lb linemen diving at your knees isn't dangerous

Can you show proof that it causes injuries? If not idk what the argument is. Show me proof and I'll be a believer.
Why every time I ask someone to show evidence they can't do it, yet they make their statements to be as fact?

Advertisement

Can you show proof that it causes injuries? If not idk what the argument is. Show me proof and I'll be a believer.
Why every time I ask someone to show evidence they can't do it, yet they make their statements to be as fact?

because ALL of us, not most of us, don't keep clip recordings of the GT games and review them in our spare time

your linemen dive at knees dude.....

dude...

because ALL of us, not most of us, don't keep clip recordings of the GT games and review them in our spare time

dude...

That's really all they do. It's not bull**** to say that the most concerning thing about playing GaTech is getting out healthy. Yes. They execute those 7 plays flawlessly and can beat us if we show up unprepared. But for the most part we just want to leave with the w and our knees

dude...

It's ok you wouldn't be able to find it if you tried. BTW Miami cut blocks and injured a DUke player by doing so this year.

Advertisement
GT’s blocking scheme is bad for knees and bad for football.

Here’s the response to your “give me one example” bs...
Frank Beamer clears the air regarding Georgia Tech's chop blocks

This is not proof. This is a coach who just lost and is saying the refs missed calls. Show me actually evidence. Like video evidence of it happening, why would you take the word of someone when there is no proof out there. This is the narrative people have been trying to paint about GT because they don't want to deal with the cut blocks. Just because someone says it doesn't make it truth. I've asked over and over for people to show me GT chop blocking all the time as some people say they do, yet they can't find it, there's a reason they can't find it, because it's false. Does it happen some? Sure, but it's not something that is happening all the time, and on purpose imo. And like I have said, Miami cut blocks as well, so if people want GT to stop then it's going to affect their own team. Were you ok with the Duke player that got hurt by Miami from an illegal cut block? Why aren't you complaining about that? I'll ask this last question, if it's so bad for the game and so bad for the knees, why are we not seeing people being injured by a GT cut block? It just doesn't make sense to say something is so dangerous when guys aren't being injured.

BTW don't you think it's funny like Paul Johnson said that they didn't complain the year before about the blocking when they won?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back