Sleeping with the enemy

They literally risk the careers and health of every kid that plays against that cheap shotting, cut blocking offense. Fûck em.

To bad they rarely hurt other teams and I've never seen them hurt anyone with a cut block. BTW Miami cut blocks. Not all GT fans are delusional though, a lot are picking us to lose. I think every fan base has delusional fans.

Your entire offense starts with and is centered around taking out kids' lower extremities. I don't care who does it, cut blocking should be banned period.

Exactly.

Would have a lot more respect for GT if it wasn’t for the cut blocks. And having Mrs. Doubtfire as a coach.

Advertisement
They literally risk the careers and health of every kid that plays against that cheap shotting, cut blocking offense. Fûck em.

To bad they rarely hurt other teams and I've never seen them hurt anyone with a cut block. BTW Miami cut blocks. Not all GT fans are delusional though, a lot are picking us to lose. I think every fan base has delusional fans.

Fvck you nerd

Your entire offense starts with and is centered around taking out kids' lower extremities. I don't care who does it, cut blocking should be banned period.
Go find me one time GT hurt someone from a cut block. I highly doubt you will find it. It's a false thing with no proof of it being dangerous. BTW Miami cut blocks, it's part of the game.

Exactly.

Would have a lot more respect for GT if it wasn’t for the cut blocks. And having Mrs. Doubtfire as a coach.

I don't get this, I understand people not liking our coach. But what's wrong with us cut blocking when almost every team in the country does it? Yes, even Miami cut blocks. Only difference is it's not as often, but if it's dangerous when GT does it, doesn't it make it dangerous when another team does it? I've never seen one guy hurt by GT with a cut block. So doesn't that make it a false statement that it's dirty and hurts guys?

Fvck you nerd

stay-classy-miami.jpg

Advertisement

Fvck you nerd

View attachment 51844

Welp... It looks like it's Georgia Tech fan week on CIS.

Exactly.

I don't get this, I understand people not liking our coach. But what's wrong with us cut blocking when almost every team in the country does it? Yes, even Miami cut blocks. Only difference is it's not as often, but if it's dangerous when GT does it, doesn't it make it dangerous when another team does it? I've never seen one guy hurt by GT with a cut block. So doesn't that make it a false statement that it's dirty and hurts guys?

It's not the cut blocks that get me, it's the fact that they consistently chop block (at least one penalty for it every game)

Here's a link where Mark Stoops had issues with it back at a bowl where two players were injured on consecutive plays (I'm not saying your wrong, but Google does) and let Paul Johnson know about it

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...nson-mark-stoops-kentucky-georgia-tech-blocks

And I would put a case of beer up that says there will be multiple penalties this weekend against GT for illegal blocks...

Throw in the fact that many of them (GT fans) celebrate it and the fact that guys try to protect their knees...and yeah it's a ****** thing to do.

Exactly.

It's not the cut blocks that get me, it's the fact that they consistently chop block (at least one penalty for it every game)

Here's a link where Mark Stoops had issues with it back at a bowl where two players were injured on consecutive plays (I'm not saying your wrong, but Google does) and let Paul Johnson know about it

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...nson-mark-stoops-kentucky-georgia-tech-blocks

And I would put a case of beer up that says there will be multiple penalties this weekend against GT for illegal blocks...

Did you watch the Kentucky game? Neither of the injuries were from cut or chop blocks. They were both drive blocks. Go watch them, even the announcers were saying they weren't illegal blocks and that the GT OL just drove back the defenders. BTW we don't get called once a game for chop blocks. I think it's happened twice this year. And it has happened at times because our OL was being illegally help by the defense to keep a guy from getting to the second level and then he got cut. I don't consider that being GT faults. Now there has been times they have chop blocked and it deserved to be called but I don't think for one second it's on purpose. If it was you would see a lot more guys injured. JMO. I just don't see guys getting injured from our blocking or I'd be inclined to agree, it just doesn't happen much so it's hard for me to see it I guess.

Advertisement
Throw in the fact that many of them (GT fans) celebrate it and the fact that guys try to protect their knees...and yeah it's a ****ty thing to do.

I've personally never seen a GT fan celebrate it and if they are then that's sickening. I've seen guys make JOKES (which I don't agree with) but they do it because of all the complaining from other fan bases that never have evidence. At GTSwarm, if you see it, it's an inside joke from a few of the posters.

Exactly.

Did you watch the Kentucky game? Neither of the injuries were from cut or chop blocks. They were both drive blocks. Go watch them, even the announcers were saying they weren't illegal blocks and that the GT OL just drove back the defenders. BTW we don't get called once a game for chop blocks. I think it's happened twice this year. And it has happened at times because our OL was being illegally help by the defense to keep a guy from getting to the second level and then he got cut. I don't consider that being GT faults. Now there has been times they have chop blocked and it deserved to be called but I don't think for one second it's on purpose. If it was you would see a lot more guys injured. JMO. I just don't see guys getting injured from our blocking or I'd be inclined to agree, it just doesn't happen much so it's hard for me to see it I guess.

Let me get this straight...it's the defensive lineman's fault for getting chopped because he stayed engaged and did not allow the offensive lineman to get to the next level (not illegal to keep an O-lineman engaged and actually a good tactic to allow LB's to flow to play, no holding penalty for defensive lineman as far as I have ever heard of...)...and then was chopped (illegal everywhere on every level)...

Understand your "logical" thinking now, but I would still put the case of beer on GT getting called for illegal blocks this weekend

Throw in the fact that many of them (GT fans) celebrate it and the fact that guys try to protect their knees...and yeah it's a ****ty thing to do.

I've personally never seen a GT fan celebrate it and if they are then that's sickening. I've seen guys make JOKES (which I don't agree with) but they do it because of all the complaining from other fan bases that never have evidence. At GTSwarm, if you see it, it's an inside joke from a few of the posters.

So Gtfan, what's your purpose over here? Good friendly banter? What's your handle on tech forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Let me get this straight...it's the defensive lineman's fault for getting chopped because he stayed engaged and did not allow the offensive lineman to get to the next level (not illegal to keep an O-lineman engaged and actually a good tactic to allow LB's to flow to play, no holding penalty for defensive lineman as far as I have ever heard of...)...and then was chopped (illegal everywhere on every level)...

Understand your "logical" thinking now, but I would still put the case of beer on GT getting called for illegal blocks this weekend

Being engaged and holding are two different things. And yes there is holding on the DL, When the jersey is being pulled. If he gets chopped because he's engaged then I don't blame him at all and it deserves a penalty. But if he is tugging and jersey is being pulled that's when it becomes holding.

Advertisement

So Gtfan, what's your purpose over here? Good friendly banter? What's your handle on tech forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I was trying to get info on how good Miami really is. What the fans think Miami struggles with or is good at. I've watched Miami a little but not enough to have in depth opinion.

This is one of those situations where google is, in fact wrong. We GT fans actually sort of hold this up as the primary example of the facts not fitting the narrative.

The claim is we hurt people with cut blocks.

The facts are that we really don't.

Stoops claimed we hurt his players with cut blocks.

The facts are that his players got hurt on regular old run of the mill standing blocks where his dudes got pancaked.

He then got all bent out of shape and ran his yap despite being entirely full of it.

Are chop blocks against the rules? YES, and they should be penalized every time they take place.

I think GT commits way less of those than you think.

They don't matter. All that has ever matters is THE U. fsu did not quit in tally. They did not ***** up. They did not fall asleep. They were hitting and playing dirty until the end, like always. The difference was US. We played like we knew we would win. Last drive, they take out our best olineman, star RB and WR, and the WR making all the big plays. Did it matter to our undefeated QB from nowhere? **** no! He calls out their fans in their home and comely flicks last second pass to dude who hasn't caught a cold since day one. No problem. That is who we were and by the Grace of God, lets hope that is who we are again. If we are, then GT and everyone else are pimples on the rear of an elephant. For you young bloods, that is how it use to be.

Advertisement

This is one of those situations where google is, in fact wrong. We GT fans actually sort of hold this up as the primary example of the facts not fitting the narrative.

The claim is we hurt people with cut blocks.

The facts are that we really don't.

Stoops claimed we hurt his players with cut blocks.

The facts are that his players got hurt on regular old run of the mill standing blocks where his dudes got pancaked.

He then got all bent out of shape and ran his yap despite being entirely full of it.

Are chop blocks against the rules? YES, and they should be penalized every time they take place.

I think GT commits way less of those than you think.

Fvck you nerd

Am I the only one who read this thread title and thought about Chris Berman's nickname for Eric Bieniemy?

Advertisement
Back