Sleeper team

Advertisement
We can run the table. We have all the pieces to do it. Will it happen, unlikely with our 2 most difficult games being on the road. But im not counting anything out as I think we will have the best QB in every game we play. And I expect our coaching staff to prepare the team both physically and mentally for what's coming and that's something we haven't been able to say for years.

If UM wins at Pitt, there is a 100% chance we go into the ACC championship game ranked #1 because Bama lost to #10 Auburn that same weekend. If UM had been undefeated and lost a close game to Clemson, we still had a good chance of making the playoffs. On the flip side, even with the Pitt loss, UM is a lock for the playoffs if we beat Clemson.

As for the blowout loss, a lot of people forget how injured UM was going into that game. Herndon, UMs 2nd leading receiver and an essential part of the run game, was out. Michael Irving was the starting TE (the other TEs on the rooster were Brian Polendy and Scott Patchan). Ahmmon Richards was out. We lost one of the best run defenders in Demetrious Jackson earlier in the season. Clemson was missing a starting LB and CB. Clemson could still play its normal defense without those two players. UMs entire offense was f#cked without Herndon because he was Rosiers security blanket and an excellent blocker. Does UM still get blown out if we have a healthy Herndon, Walton, and Ahmon Richards? I think we would have kept it respectable.
We tend to forget that we'd lost our 3 biggest offensive playmakers because that precipitated our rapid decline.

Desmond Howard thinks Miami can run the table this year 👀

Allot of people ( fans & pundits ) will smack this take around, BUTT ( Cue Master P ) if we play bruising big boy ball with a major emphasis on controlling time of possession + the man of Steele gets our boys playing clean & stiny D. Couple that with bullet proof special teams opps.

This could be a perfect storm ala 08 Baga and our own dynastic genesis UM 83’.

Looooooooong Shot

But that’s better than no shot.
CA15AA6E-C997-428A-864E-BC52676CF2E2.gif

The response to every loss will be, sorta like this: "We need more toughness and hard work out of our players" LOL!!

But in all seriousness, I expect 3 losses this season, with a decent bowl win.... Simply think we have enough healthy players, and fundamental improvements to beat UNC
Losses will be:​
* A&M (too much too early)​
* Clemson (still deeper than we are)​
* Pitt (due to end of year injuries).​

OL will be improved, but this year will fall on the defense. Unless there's something I don't know, I still think we're a year away at DT, and LB will be a sore spot for us, especially if we lose 2 starters at these positions...

I just hope we can keep our coaches for another round of camps, to make a strong push for a ship in 2023.

Advertisement
We are a flawed 9-3 team. Ceiling 10-2 and floor 8-4. We have to see how injuries factor in and how are portal additions and 1st and 2nd year players adjust to the scheme.

Miami averaged 63.5 penalty yards per game in 2021, which ranked 105th in the country. The Hurricanes lost three one-score games in 2021 to Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida State. In those three games, UM averaged ten penalties for 85 yards.

That yardage matters in close games.

The Hurricanes were also the most undisciplined tackling team at the Power Five level in 2021, ranking as the No. 128 tackling team in the country and crediting UM with 191 missed tackles in 12 games.

These are a couple areas where a disciplined approach can translate into more success on the field.

We could beat A&M and Clemson... That'll be the only 2 games we're not favored for and you just never know the impact coaching can have on a roster.

We have a top 3 QB..oline play will be significantly improved and we're deep and talented at TE and RB.

On defense, the transfers and coaching will make a significant improvement over last year.

I think we'll have a better chance against A&M than Clemson but we could beat Clemson if they don't get their QB situation figured out.

I don't expect us to go undefeated either but it's not outlandish.
Why A&M has QB Issues as well

I say, 30 day ban for anyone writing “Fire Mario” after a loss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back