Sleeper team

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the Coastal? No doubt. For The Big One? Afraid not my man. Not enough depth especially along the lines and LB position among a few other things. Check back around '24, IMO.
We could beat A&M and Clemson... That'll be the only 2 games we're not favored for and you just never know the impact coaching can have on a roster.

We have a top 3 QB..oline play will be significantly improved and we're deep and talented at TE and RB.

On defense, the transfers and coaching will make a significant improvement over last year.

I think we'll have a better chance against A&M than Clemson but we could beat Clemson if they don't get their QB situation figured out.

I don't expect us to go undefeated either but it's not outlandish.

Advertisement
I was at Michigan when Desmond won the Heisman. He’s a good guy who has lived in S Fla for a long time, attends UM practices and generally supports our program. So what’s wrong with that?
FYI, after he picked UM as his sleeper, Robert Griffin picked USC. Let’s see which one made the better prediction.

Advertisement
Dez loves us. If we win at A&M though this season can get reallllly interesting.

It's true. We go into that cowtown and win that one game then suddenly there is going to be a ton of talk about us as a potential CFP team. That's what they do. It will be fools gold though, we're not talented and deep enough yet to win week in and week out over the course of a 13 game schedule IMO. But I am looking forward to watching a real football program again, finally. Year 1.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

All due respect, Desmond always goes homerism with Miami and has for years now. Trying to do the old Herbstreit play from decades back.
That wasn't actually what he said. The question was who ends their drought first. He said us. Then they ran with the whole this season thing because Mario was doing an interview.

It's true. We go into that cowtown and win that one game then suddenly there is going to be a ton of talk about us as a potential CFP team. That's what they do. It will be fools gold though, we're not talented and deep enough yet to win week in and week out over the course of a 13 game schedule IMO. But I am looking forward to watching a real football program again, finally. Year 1.
Oh I agree 100% it would be fools gold but the hype it would bring would be incredible especially if we could skate to Clemson with a 0 in the loss column lol I’m getting ahead of myself but thats what being a fan is about I suppose.

Too many question marks imo. I predict we’ll spend a few Saturdays talking about how this team is learning to win and potential. But we have an elite player at the most important position, so you never know.

Advertisement
Back