Skai Moore

"Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in them. I thought I was going to get offered by them after the camp MVP performance, but I haven't really heard from them since then."--Skai Moore

"It's the hometown team and I've loved them my whole life. The tradition that they have with winning and how they're trying to rebuild is something I like. I think I'd fit in there."--Skai Moore

"When I saw him against Chaminade, he was the best player on the field. He was hitting viciously in that game, all over the field, and blocked a punt. Today, he had 2 INTs within 5 minutes apart of each other and he was laying wood all game. He had at least 4-5 TFL as well. Just an absolute stud...it would be a shame if he gets away"--Peter Ariz

If only Golden had some way of knowing Moore would be interested in coming here...maybe a sign or something!

lol ask Pete Ariz...Skai is my best friends younger cousin......Knew the kid since he was a shorty...we are all canes fans watch the games together everything....kid would of committed just off an offer....but they basically tried him..didnt recruit at all....i mean even if they just kept contact they would of had him..but they tried to run that game and played with fire with Matt Thomas....when Skai was the best lb in broward ANY WAY...you recruit that guy regardless...

South Carolina sold pt..and playing in the sec...he was set....and my boy and them told me the fam was happy with usc ....even though they wanted um bad

Advertisement
That kid should be a Cane.

I hope he shows out tomorrow, dominates and gets the game mvp.

**** you Al golden

Skai Moore was a miss, but it's not the reason we are 6-6. At the time we were pretty loaded at linebacker before 5 studs left or got kicked out of our program.

We lost EJ, Terry, Figs, Blue, Paul. Our linebacker talent identification has been solid, and the reasons for some of the departures is pretty weak. There would have been a few NFL draft picks from this group. Also, add in the MT fiasco with the home town guy playing the local university. This isn't an area of recruiting to really be hating on. Would have loved Skai on the team, and it's a miss, but there were worse misses than this.

Lol at the hyperbole.

1. Figs wasn't in the program yet. We chose him over Skai Moore. We should've had a class of figs Moore and grace.
2. Terry was a player on special teams and that's it. Our staff had not utlizied him as a true backer.
3. Blue never did anything here
4. Gionni Paul decided to transfer in Jan 2013. Still a month before signing day to offer Skai. And he has played better at Utah than he ever did here
5. EJ was a consistent problem child and it was obvious he wasn't going to last here.
6. BTW coaches told Miami that 6 was not coming here and they ignored it

#7. skai Moore was ultimately offered and made his own decision to go elsewhere.

Strange how people leave that part out.

I am not surprised people are blaming skai Moore here

I don't see how anyone can blame Skai. Recruiting is about building relationships and trust between players and coaches. Why should he have committed? He had no relationship built with the staff. He didn't know how they were going to use him, he didn't know the scheme or anything regarding the team. USCe had a plan and he was loyal. Stop blaming the kids for being wise. There is no way the staff should be defended for this miss. And we were never loaded at linebackers. Outside of EJ all the backers that were kicked off were underwhelming and even EJ struggled with the exception of one game.

Yeah, that's surprising. Blaming Skai Moore is ridiculous. He should have had an offer for a year to contemplate, not a few days.

Thanks for double checking who was actually on roster at the time. I was thinking off the top of my head. Still emotional about this? You must be local to him / similar age / watched him live or something? Yes, it would be nice if Grace, Figs, and Moore were next year's LBs. But what's done is done.

I am not arguing that we shouldn't have offered, but more of how big of a miss he was. All misses suck but missing on our DT targets were bigger misses.

If Figs wasn't in the program, then how could we chose him over Moore? That's not possible. We must have chosen Figs after Moore signed with USC. Even still, Figs sizes up pretty closely with Moore? A solid replacement (minus getting kick out of school lol).
Terry and Blue were off the team before we could really determine their contributions. Yes, not close to what Skai would have contributed here.
EJ was a consistent problem here, but so were some of our all-time greats. Problem childs and Miami? That's 1980s Miami style. A little edge in the locker room ain't that bad? What are you part of the U3 generation?
As I recollect, Miami didn't know that 6 wasn't coming until right around signing day? When BTW told Miami is the important part of this argument.

By the way, who had his scholarship offer that didn't end up coming the U (serious question)? Someone must have dropped us last minute for us to call Skai last minute?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Skai Moore was a miss, but it's not the reason we are 6-6. At the time we were pretty loaded at linebacker before 5 studs left or got kicked out of our program.

We lost EJ, Terry, Figs, Blue, Paul. Our linebacker talent identification has been solid, and the reasons for some of the departures is pretty weak. There would have been a few NFL draft picks from this group. Also, add in the MT fiasco with the home town guy playing the local university. This isn't an area of recruiting to really be hating on. Would have loved Skai on the team, and it's a miss, but there were worse misses than this.

Lol at the hyperbole.

1. Figs wasn't in the program yet. We chose him over Skai Moore. We should've had a class of figs Moore and grace.
2. Terry was a player on special teams and that's it. Our staff had not utlizied him as a true backer.
3. Blue never did anything here
4. Gionni Paul decided to transfer in Jan 2013. Still a month before signing day to offer Skai. And he has played better at Utah than he ever did here
5. EJ was a consistent problem child and it was obvious he wasn't going to last here.
6. BTW coaches told Miami that 6 was not coming here and they ignored it

#7. skai Moore was ultimately offered and made his own decision to go elsewhere.

Strange how people leave that part out.

I am not surprised people are blaming skai Moore here

People are dumbasses. I'm not surprised either.

I don't see how anyone can blame Skai. Recruiting is about building relationships and trust between players and coaches. Why should he have committed? He had no relationship built with the staff. He didn't know how they were going to use him, he didn't know the scheme or anything regarding the team. USCe had a plan and he was loyal. Stop blaming the kids for being wise. There is no way the staff should be defended for this miss. And we were never loaded at linebackers. Outside of EJ all the backers that were kicked off were underwhelming and even EJ struggled with the exception of one game.

This is the only answer. They cultivated a relationship with and showed they really believed in him from the get go. We show up at the last moment like someone seeking a desperation hook-up at last call.

Advertisement
*******-A right it's Skai's fault he's not here. He had an offer; he passed the offer up. End of story.
I agree he let pride get in the way.

But, offering a kid that had been begging for an offer for over a year on the morning of signing day, is a like a girl you were hung up on in highschool offering you to hit it on the morning of your wedding day.

I don't see it that way.

These kids have hundreds of offers. Most of them don't make their minds up until the last minute...they love to play mind games, pit one school against the other, play the hat game, get their minutes on ESPN specials, and keep the intrigue going.

But they sure as **** don't like it when a coaching staff decides at the last minute to give an offer. Then it's offensive, it's a big ******* deal that they made him wait, etc.

**** that.

If Al Golden didn't want to have to grovel to teenagers for their services, maybe he should have considered having an ounce of coaching ability coveted by an NFL team. Otherwise, that's the job. Want to be stubborn and behave as if you're working in a perfect world? Go ahead. Just don't be stunned when you fail miserably in the real one.

You act like all this happens in a vacuum. A kid who feels like he's a coaches plan D knows he'll be the first one out the door when he gets "encouraged" to transfer to make room for some new HS hotshot a couple years down the road. A year's worth of "we don't think you're good enough" followed a feeble last gasp of "well we can't do any better" doesn't go far in endearing yourself to someone.

And the irony of all ironies is you calling Moore a ******* because he....wait for it....honored the commitment he made to the school earlier. Instead of switching at the last second for a school that showed 1% of the interest USC did. Behavior that if it happened to Golden you'd be pointing to as a textbook example of So. Florida diva players.

The only thing worse than being a shameless apologist is not even being a very good one at that.

Advertisement
*******-A right it's Skai's fault he's not here. He had an offer; he passed the offer up. End of story.

But, offering a kid that had been begging for an offer for over a year on the morning of signing day, is a like a girl you were hung up on in highschool offering you to hit it on the morning of your wedding day.

I don't see it that way.

These kids have hundreds of offers. Most of them don't make their minds up until the last minute...they love to play mind games, pit one school against the other, play the hat game, get their minutes on ESPN specials, and keep the intrigue going.

But they sure as **** don't like it when a coaching staff decides at the last minute to give an offer. Then it's offensive, it's a big ******* deal that they made him wait, etc.

**** that.

If Al Golden didn't want to have to grovel to teenagers for their services, maybe he should have considered having an ounce of coaching ability coveted by an NFL team. Otherwise, that's the job. Want to be stubborn and behave as if you're working in a perfect world? Go ahead. Just don't be stunned when you fail miserably in the real one.

You act like all this happens in a vacuum. A kid who feels like he's a coaches plan D knows he'll be the first one out the door when he gets "encouraged" to transfer to make room for some new HS hotshot a couple years down the road. A year's worth of "we don't think you're good enough" followed a feeble last gasp of "well we can't do any better" doesn't go far in endearing yourself to someone.

And the irony of all ironies is you calling Moore a ******* because he....wait for it....honored the commitment he made to the school earlier. Instead of switching at the last second for a school that showed 1% of the interest USC did. Behavior that if it happened to Golden you'd be pointing to as a textbook example of So. Florida diva players.

The only thing worse than being a shameless apologist is not even being a very good one at that.

BOOM

:lebron.jpg:

If recruiting was that straight fwd, I would blame them, but it's not. You can't hit a home run with every kid, you can't get every kid down here, and not every kid is guaranteed to pan out. On top of that you only have a few scholarships to give out for that position per yr with other players higher on the board that yr than Skai for whatever reason. Everyone loves looking back and picking out who we missed on and playing the blame game. That's pretty easy to do sitting at a computer 2 yrs later but not very fair.
Also, Interviews like this aren't going to tell you what was really going on behind the scenes. They don't tell you how much the kid improved in the class room for instance. Additionally, wasn't this the yr Mathew Thomas allegedly pulled out the rug and wasn't Skai at University school which was known to not have close ties with UM?

Full of excuses. Golden loves you!

What do you mean, "pulled out the rug"? Don't understand all he slang I see on this board.

Offering him on signing day is the part that ****es me off.

If you trust your evaluations and make a decision on a popular local kid dying to be here, then you be a man and stick to it. Looking like a ******* fool offering him on signing day.

But but but they offered. His fault for having principles and values and sticking by them, feeling rightfully scorned that this staph didn't offer him until literally the last ******* minute. His fault.

Do you see how ******* dumb you sound?

You are obviously suffering from a strong case of SukGoldensDick Syndrome.

Advertisement

I don't see it that way.

**** that.

And the irony of all ironies is you calling Moore a ******* because he....wait for it....honored the commitment he made to the school earlier
. Instead of switching at the last second for a school that showed 1% of the interest USC did. Behavior that if it happened to Golden you'd be pointing to as a textbook example of So. Florida diva players.

Well said. I don't know how old Cane in Heel country is, but he got just got his *** whipped!

I don't see it that way.

**** that.

You're so wrong on so many levels. Let's start from the bottom.

Not an apologist. Perhaps reading my previous posts, where I said things like "We all know it was dumb {that is, the staff not offering till signing day]. We all know Golden should have been on this kid from day one." would have clued you in to this fact.

I hold the staff accountable; it was a ****up on their part waiting.

But ultimately, Skai had an offer. He plays a role in the decision he made. That decision was his alone. He had options on the table, one of which was a UM scholly, and he turned it down. This isn't debatable.

That's why it rings hollow to me when Skai (or any recuit) tries to play it off as though he didn't get enough "love" from one school or another. The fact that he honored his commitment to SC is great--but he shouldn't be ****ing on UM. He made his decision, now ******* live with it.

In terms of the many, many ****ups on the part of this staff, "missing" on Skai is way down the list of things to grumble about. You guys can get your panties in a twist over the musings of some 18 yr old Prima donna...I'll abstain.

Last edited:

I don't see it that way.

**** that.

You're so wrong on so many levels. Let's start from the bottom.

Not an apologist. Perhaps reading my previous posts, where I said things like "We all know it was dumb {that is, the staff not offering till signing day]. We all know Golden should have been on this kid from day one." would have clued you in to this fact.

I hold the staff accountable; it was a ****up on their part waiting.

But ultimately, Skai had an offer. He plays a role in the decision he made. That decision was his alone. He had options on the table, one of which was a UM scholly, and he turned it down. This isn't debatable.

That's why it rings hollow to me when Skai (or any recuit) tries to play it off as though he didn't get enough "love" from one school or another. The fact that he honored his commitment to SC is great--but he shouldn't be ****ing on UM. He made his decision, now ******* live with it.

In terms of the many, many ****ups on the part of this staff, "missing" on Skai is way down the list of things to grumble about. You guys can get your panties in a twist over the musings of some 18 yr old Prima donna...I'll abstain.

What person with any backbone would go to a school that didn't think he was good enough for 2 years, didnt want him, and then because they struck out on kids they liked more, offered him at the 11th hour, over a school thy valued his talents and expressed a desire for him the entire way? Absolutely ridiculous to blame Moore for not accepting that ridiculous last minute offer.

Advertisement
Back