Skai Moore

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Lmao what an epic ****up this was

“Yeah, it’s a little personal,’’ Moore, a sophomore who played for University School’s 2012 Class 3A state title team, told reporters after Wednesday’s practice. “I feel like I have something to prove in this game. The morning of signing day they offered me a scholarship, but that was a little bit too late for me.

“I grew up a Canes fan my whole life. Everyone in my family is a Canes fan. We watched every game, and I grew up cheering for my hometown team.’’

Chad Wilson, a Hurricanes cornerback from 1992 to 1994, coached Moore for two seasons as University’s defensive coordinator.

“Mark D’Onofrio called me just before I left for our 2013 signing day ceremony,’’ Wilson said Thursday of Miami’s defensive coordinator. “Without going into great detail, he asked me if I thought Skai would be interested in switching to UM. I said, ‘I don’t know. You don’t need me to tell you this, coach, but it’s really late and he committed to South Carolina.’

“Skai always wanted to play for Miami, but I felt pretty strongly he’d stick with South Carolina. They put in their time recruiting him and developed a relationship, which you’re supposed to do in recruiting.’’

Moore did speak to coach Al Golden and D’Onofrio that morning, Wilson said, to let them know he was sticking with South Carolina.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article4980774.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Pitiful and embarrassing. We really needed this kid and still do. I hate this staff hate them. Hindsight is 20/20 and knowing what I know now Skai is a bit to aggressive for our scheme.

One of many local fails by Folden. And it's only going to get worse now that the local community has him figured out as an abject loser.

Here's your problem right here. This kid didn't know nothin' bout shovelin' coal:

Former Hurricanes receiver Kevin Beard, now UM’s assistant director of football operations, coached Moore at University School when Moore played the first part of his freshman year as a receiver.

“He’s really good,’’ Beard said. “He was quiet but physical — a freak athletically.

Advertisement
This was the first indication that these temple goons are real dip****s in recruiting. They have followed up this fail with several other dumb moves.

Advertisement
"Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in them. I thought I was going to get offered by them after the camp MVP performance, but I haven't really heard from them since then."--Skai Moore

"It's the hometown team and I've loved them my whole life. The tradition that they have with winning and how they're trying to rebuild is something I like. I think I'd fit in there."--Skai Moore

"When I saw him against Chaminade, he was the best player on the field. He was hitting viciously in that game, all over the field, and blocked a punt. Today, he had 2 INTs within 5 minutes apart of each other and he was laying wood all game. He had at least 4-5 TFL as well. Just an absolute stud...it would be a shame if he gets away"--Peter Ariz

If only Golden had some way of knowing Moore would be interested in coming here...maybe a sign or something!

When Golden talks about a player or prospect it always centers around his size

Advertisement
how they handled his recruitment was horrible, thought he was one of those late switchers lmao

he will probably have a great game against us and be the MVP of the bowl game

They are one of the worst defenses we will have played all year and watched they come out like an SEC Champion type defense against us.

If recruiting was that straight fwd, I would blame them, but it's not. You can't hit a home run with every kid, you can't get every kid down here, and not every kid is guaranteed to pan out. On top of that you only have a few scholarships to give out for that position per yr with other players higher on the board that yr than Skai for whatever reason. Everyone loves looking back and picking out who we missed on and playing the blame game. That's pretty easy to do sitting at a computer 2 yrs later but not very fair.
Also, Interviews like this aren't going to tell you what was really going on behind the scenes. They don't tell you how much the kid improved in the class room for instance. Additionally, wasn't this the yr Mathew Thomas allegedly pulled out the rug and wasn't Skai at University school which was known to not have close ties with UM?

Advertisement
"Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in them. I thought I was going to get offered by them after the camp MVP performance, but I haven't really heard from them since then."--Skai Moore

"It's the hometown team and I've loved them my whole life. The tradition that they have with winning and how they're trying to rebuild is something I like. I think I'd fit in there."--Skai Moore

"When I saw him against Chaminade, he was the best player on the field. He was hitting viciously in that game, all over the field, and blocked a punt. Today, he had 2 INTs within 5 minutes apart of each other and he was laying wood all game. He had at least 4-5 TFL as well. Just an absolute stud...it would be a shame if he gets away"--Peter Ariz

If only Golden had some way of knowing Moore would be interested in coming here...maybe a sign or something!

Comical and tragic.

Better late then never, kid should've switched and stayed home.

***** your private messages. I'm beating this drum from now on. ***** this staff, ***** this scheme! But at the end of the day these kids need to do it themselves, stay home and put us back on the map.

Better late then never, kid should've switched and stayed home.

***** your private messages. I'm beating this drum from now on. ***** this staff, ***** this scheme! But at the end of the day these kids need to do it themselves, stay home and put us back on the map.

Unless you are low self esteem like Lebron, you don't work for employers that disrespect you.

Comical and tragic.

So Golden and co. got on the kid late. They still offered. If Skai wanted to be here, he had a free ride and an opportunity to sign on the dotted line when signing day came. Don't give me this **** about "it's a slap in the face that they waited till the last minute." That's some prima donna BS. They offered, kid...if that's where you want to be, get over yourself and sign the LOI.

I ******* hate recruiting these So Fla schmucks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back