Skai Moore

At this point Golden is coming off as in over his head in the recruiting South Florida game. Must be why he hired an OC with no real experience and Cristobal to help recruit.

No real experience? You just embarrassed yourself. He has more experience than Jedd did coming in.

One year as an OC for FIU is more experience tha one year as OC for the Minnesota Vikings?

His time as OC at FSU means **** since Jimbo was calling the plays and running the offense.

Try the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but hey, why let facts get in the way. Vikings...LOL.

Advertisement
Yeah, never offer the day before signing day. Oh wait, didn't USC and LSU just do that with Kirkland? ESPN has us at #21 in recruiting with a small class. And that was before Stacy Coley signed. Yall are crazy if you think this is a horrible day.

Only thing that happened here was a personal agenda by Ice Harris. Those BTW kids were playing Miami from the get go. It sounds to me that Golden's intuition was correct when Barrow told Kirkland commit or GTFO. This only looks amateurish because of how it was handled AFTER Barrow told Kirkland to walk (IMHO).

I'm glad we called their bluff. BUT, you don't call someone's bluff and then fold. To me, that's what happened.

This. I can't blame Golden for not anticipating that a feeder school -- whose coach is a former UM employee w/ two sons who received athletic scholarships here -- would intentionally ***** us over.

Last edited:
At this point Golden is coming off as in over his head in the recruiting South Florida game. Must be why he hired an OC with no real experience and Cristobal to help recruit.

No real experience? You just embarrassed yourself. He has more experience than Jedd did coming in.

One year as an OC for FIU is more experience tha one year as OC for the Minnesota Vikings?

His time as OC at FSU means **** since Jimbo was calling the plays and running the offense.

Try the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but hey, why let facts get in the way. Vikings...LOL.

Meh, Vikings and Gophers are practically the same thing.

Neither had much experience coming in as oc. Point is still the same.

Those BTW coaches str8 lied to AG because we know the man is always prepared. Good this happened he will not trust him again. He put his eggs in one basket because the staff at BTW led him on, and Coley spilled the beans.

Advertisement
Those BTW coaches str8 lied to AG because we know the man is always prepared. Good this happened he will not trust him again. He put his eggs in one basket because the staff at BTW led him on, and Coley spilled the beans.

truth about Coley spilling them too. I just wish when the offer was pulled, there was no more communication about it.

Grace, Figs, Bond is a solid LB class. Thomas would have made it a stellar one.

Best of luck to Skai wherever he goes, but if his hurt pride kept him from taking a last second offer, and he wound up at Arkasas as a result? Bad move. Thought he'd land at USCe.

Lets not be bitter, kids made their decisions and sometimes they didn't go our way but Denver would have been at Miami had they not pulled his scholly. Stuff happens but I think Al made a mistake and burned a bridge to one of the top schools in the state, not smart in my IMO.

Lets not be bitter, kids made their decisions and sometimes they didn't go our way but Denver would have been at Miami had they not pulled his scholly. Stuff happens but I think Al made a mistake and burned a bridge to one of the top schools in the state, not smart in my IMO.

You can say Kirkland was going be a Cane but he sure didnt give off that feeling to the staff if they came back and pulled his offer.

Advertisement

If Kirkland had any intention of coming to UM he would have given a silent when asked. He wasn't choosing UM, he was setting the coaches up. Sweet troll attempt though.

Best of luck to Skai wherever he goes, but if his hurt pride kept him from taking a last second offer, and he wound up at Arkasas as a result? Bad move. Thought he'd land at USCe.

HE signed with SC, I cant blame a kid who got no love and has a good D1 school recruiting him and then we come last minute with no relationship and just offer like he is trash. We just dropped the ball, no problem admitting that. A good kid who would of been a great rep for our university. Below he talks about how we came late

http://youtu.be/d44L_5rxJqI

HE signed with SC, I cant blame a kid who got no love and has a good D1 school recruiting him and then we come last minute with no relationship and just offer like he is trash. We just dropped the ball, no problem admitting that. A good kid who would of been a great rep for our university. Below he talks about how we came late

http://youtu.be/d44L_5rxJqI

There was word that he hadn't sent in his LOI and was second guessing.... Don't know if it is true... anyone else heard anything new on this?

Advertisement
I wish nothing but the best for Skai. He seems like a good kid who has a great head on his shoulders. I'm disappointed we waited until the last minute to offer. He's going to be the type of kid a couple years from now that will have us shaking our heads when we see him doing well for USCe.

Coley has been preparing the game plan for years at FSU. That's a BIG part of an OC's development. There is no debate, Coley had more experience than Jedd. Period.

If Kirkland had any intention of coming to UM he would have given a silent when asked. He wasn't choosing UM, he was setting the coaches up. Sweet troll attempt though.

This. Coley knew what was up with the BTW kids. When Golden found out, they pressed Kirkland, who was never going to come here anyway.

Advertisement
I wish nothing but the best for Skai. He seems like a good kid who has a great head on his shoulders. I'm disappointed we waited until the last minute to offer. He's going to be the type of kid a couple years from now that will have us shaking our heads when we see him doing well for USCe.

SHIIIIIIITT Half of us were shaking our heads during the season. It got to the point everyone hated talking about Moor and didnt even want his name mentioned. Missing on a 100% stone cold lock to chase a player who was 50-50 at best is just a bad move, If cornelius, #36, Armbrister all got major minutes and scholarships from Miami and golden (not cornelius) then Moore should of never had to beg, Donofrio was impressed with armbrister but not Moore?

****es me off, Im ****ed because we didnt atleast have a open line of communication. We look like amateurs, word before was he wasnt on our board, ok cool. But if he got a offer today then he was, soooooowhy the **** wasnt there any communication?! If we had a open line, talked to family, had him visit, let him knew where we stood with him, he would be a cane today.

SHIIIIIIITT Half of us were shaking our heads during the season. It got to the point everyone hated talking about Moor and didnt even want his name mentioned. Missing on a 100% stone cold lock to chase a player who was 50-50 at best is just a bad move, If cornelius, #36, Armbrister all got major minutes and scholarships from Miami and golden (not cornelius) then Moore should of never had to beg, Donofrio was impressed with armbrister but not Moore?

****es me off, Im ****ed because we didnt atleast have a open line of communication. We look like amateurs, word before was he wasnt on our board, ok cool. But if he got a offer today then he was, soooooowhy the **** wasnt there any communication?! If we had a open line, talked to family, had him visit, let him knew where we stood with him, he would be a cane today.

Yeah, I agree. The staff completely whiffed on this, and that is the truth. As you stated, he possesses huge upside, and would be an excellent ambassador for UM. Oh well. I still believe in coach Golden and the staff. They have done an admirable job in recruiting these last 2 years given all of the mess they inherited.

If Skai Moore was being recruited, the Matthew Thomas fiasco wouldnt have been such a big deal.

Everyone was dissing him on here b/c they assumed "6" was a Cane Lock since Golden didnt have any other options.... but i bet they wish he was in this class now though.smh

Coley has been preparing the game plan for years at FSU. That's a BIG part of an OC's development. There is no debate, Coley had more experience than Jedd. Period.

lolololol What a pompous answer.

I'm sure Coley was involved in creating the game plan, but it was the Jimbo show.

There was also plenty of talk that Jimbo wouldn't stick to those game plans Coley was involved in creating anyway, which supposedly weighed heavy into Coley making the move to UM.

Advertisement
Back