Since we have the time...what are the top 5 positions we need to bring in from the portal this offseason?

0 chance we take a LB. Huff TAC and Flagg will all be competing for spots in their 2nd year.

I don’t see OL being necessary either. We have the pieces, put them in the right positions and let them compete.

Qb and CB or use the spots on freshmen

Advertisement
0 chance we take a LB. Huff TAC and Flagg will all be competing for spots in their 2nd year.

I don’t see OL being necessary either. We have the pieces, put them in the right positions and let them compete.

Qb and CB or use the spots on freshmen

There should be no reason to take LBs in the Portal. We have plenty of guys for 2 spots. If the coaches can't get any of them ready to play, that's on them. You don't fix problems by throwing more heads at it. You fix the problem by replacing the current problem.....the guys who are not identifying the right kids and/or not developing the kids.

Same with OL. I would hope with the kids playing this year and the young kids we've brought in the last 2 classes that OL has enough competent bodies to not throw another IC on a one-and-done kid.

Zion
Campbell
Rivers
Walker
Washington
ElGammal
Donaldson
Scaife
Clark
Traore
Gaynor
Reed
Seymore
McLaughlin
Rodriguez

1. Solid CB who can start right away.
2. QB (if King leaves). Even if this is a backup to TVD, we will have a very shallow bench next season unless we bring in Garcia or some other stud true frosh QB.
3. Solid LB, unless we get Terrence or some other surprise studly true frosh LB.
4. A solid OG. I actually think we will be fine at T next year. Now, if some monster LT suddenly became available, you definitely take him, but otherwise, we will be decent to good at T next year, but not as good in the interior.
5. Another solid CB

What are your choices?
We aren’t on the team, we always have time.

Transfers count as initial counters so we will be limited on how many we can bring in. I can’t see more than one or two unless you bring in someone late enough to count towards next year.

people worry too much about the numbers. Just sign what you need and take the slap on the wrist from the ncaa if need be.

We shouldn’t not be recruiting or signing guys because we’re worried about some initial counter rule. Ask forgiveness never permission.

Recruit what you need and figure the rest out in the spring imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back