Since D'nofrio isn't going anywhere...

Yards are just yards. I really care about the points we give up. When the majority of your best players are freshmen and sophomores, it takes some time to learn.

Our best players are now becoming sophomores and juniors, with experience. Should help improve the D alone.

Negged! Wish I could neg you 1,000,000 more times. Quit getting on our boards, Coach No'D.

Going into the 2014 season. Other than 52 and Chick, best players are young.

DE-Chiquillo - Sr
NT-Olsen Pierre - Sr
DE-Jelani Hamilton - Jr
OLB-Tyriq McCord - Jr
ILB-Alex Figueroa - So
ILB-Denzel Perryman - Sr
OLB-Al-Quadin Muhammad - So
CB-Tracy Howard - Jr
CB-Artie Burns - So
FS-Deon Bush - Jr
SS Rayshawn Jenkins - Jr

Is this your excuse for when the defense finishes in the 80s this season?

Absolutely. I called this on the WEZ a few weeks ago. Next year when things inevitably go wrong, people are going to start clamoring to the youth on the defense and then the timetable is moved another few years. How many times have we seen this with the same people over the past 10+ years with Coker and Shannon? The excuses never stop.

If you call the majority of our best players were freshmen and sophomores on D last year an excuse, sure. Same coaches, same system produced 18th out of 120th defense in PA/G in 2011, with experienced talent.

Advertisement
Yards are just yards. I really care about the points we give up. When the majority of your best players are freshmen and sophomores, it takes some time to learn.

Our best players are now becoming sophomores and juniors, with experience. Should help improve the D alone.

Negged! Wish I could neg you 1,000,000 more times. Quit getting on our boards, Coach No'D.

LMAO! Ohh well, I've learned, sometimes haters are just gonna hate.

No you haven't learned. And yes, we really don't love the canes we are just mean people that have nothing better to do than get on here a ***** and moan about an incompetent staff. Good God this is 06 and 10 all over again.

No you haven't learned. And yes, we really don't love the canes we are just mean people that have nothing better to do than get on here a **** and moan about an incompetent staff. Good God this is 06 and 10 all over again.

Stop crying, not a good look for you

Last edited:

No you haven't learned. And yes, we really don't love the canes we are just mean people that have nothing better to do than get on here a **** and moan about an incompetent staff. Good God this is 06 and 10 all over again.

Stop crying

Get a ******* clue. Stop coming up with the 1000th excuse and learn a thing or two about the ******* game you are watching. There are 118 other examples to look at. Our fan base is the only one that thinks it takes 4 years to get a decent team on the field. And I said decent, not NC champs...

Stop crying

Get a ****ing clue. Stop coming up with the 1000th excuse and learn a thing or two about the ****ing game you are watching. There are 118 other examples to look at. Our fan base is the only one that thinks it takes 4 years to get a decent team on the field. And I said decent, not NC champs...

More waa waa waa. All these comments and just want to cry and ***** about everything. Most of our fan base understands, it's the small few like you who are still living in 2001.

Advertisement

This douche has his lips firmly pressed on golden's ***... Neg him to oblivion.

Going into the 2014 season. Other than 52 and Chick, best players are young.

DE-Chiquillo - Sr
NT-Olsen Pierre - Sr
DE-Jelani Hamilton - Jr
OLB-Tyriq McCord - Jr
ILB-Alex Figueroa - So
ILB-Denzel Perryman - Sr
OLB-Al-Quadin Muhammad - So
CB-Tracy Howard - Jr
CB-Artie Burns - So
FS-Deon Bush - Jr
SS Rayshawn Jenkins - Jr

Is this your excuse for when the defense finishes in the 80s this season?

He is just being proactive... 1001 and counting.

Here bro, I did ALL the work for you.

This marquee program was 28-22 under Shannon.

The coach at MSU you are referring to was 22-26.

I don't think ANY of these teams were "marquee" programs.

Dantonio' first 3 seasons at MSU - 22-17 (2 extra bowl losses)
Goldens first 3 seasons at UM - 22-15

Your posts are infantile. UM is a marquee program. Just like Bama, LSU, Texas, USC, and OU were when they were mired in long losing eras. MSU is NOT and never will be a marquee program. UM has won 5 NCs in the last 3 decades. Just because a couple loser corches have bogged UM down doesn't mean UM isn't a marquee program. The recruiting base is the best in the country.

You young simps don't know any better because your college football history goes back to 2004. So you don't know what a marquee program is.

and this is the biggest issue with this fan base, at least with the kiddies. Instead of demanding excellence they are following suit as the administration and moving the bar instead of setting the high mark.

This douche has his lips firmly pressed on golden's ***... Neg him to oblivion.

waa waa waa, more crying. "Let me go get my friends to neg you".

Advertisement
What is that suppose to mean?

Nick Saban, who is an incredibly credible authority, is a proponent of the opinion that scoring defense is a superior stat to total defense.

Everyone in the world agrees that scoring D is more important than Total D. But next time you and Saban chat ask him if he thinks you're likely to have a great scoring D if you're giving up a ton of yards every week. THAT is the issue that UM fans with brains have. If we were 20th in Total D and 7th in scoring D we'd be very happy. But you'll never have a great scoring D when you're giving up a ton of yards like we do.

Nick Saban, who is an incredibly credible authority, is a proponent of the opinion that scoring defense is a superior stat to total defense.

Now you are just repeating yourself. What is your point? Is this information even accurate?

.... And being an extremely credible authority we can trust his analysis. There's not much else I can say to help you understand.

You're just pointing out an obvious statistic. Scoring Defense is arguably the most important stat of them all; however, that doesn't mean it is the only stat that matters. You can't give up 500 yards a game and expect for the Defense to keep scoring to a minimum.

I agree. Let's take a second and think about what teams, defenses set out to do. Do they set out to be the best at one statistic rather than the other? No. They want to be good, they want to be great. What we are trying to answer on this thread right now is: what is the superior statistic to serve as a barometer for your defense? The stats are closely related.

Any team that gives up 500 yards a game is going to ranked low in both categories -- that's obvious. Any team that gives up 100 yards per game is going to be high in both categories. If you had to choose one category to win at, which would it be? Whichever you picked, it's probably a good choice.

But at the end of the day what matters are the numbers on the scoreboard.

WOW. This is really scintillating analysis. Which reminds me of the advice Kirk Lazarus (Robert Downey) bestowed in Tropic Thunder--"Never go FULL ******."

Stop crying

Get a ****ing clue. Stop coming up with the 1000th excuse and learn a thing or two about the ****ing game you are watching. There are 118 other examples to look at. Our fan base is the only one that thinks it takes 4 years to get a decent team on the field. And I said decent, not NC champs...

More waa waa waa. All these comments and just want to cry and **** about everything. Most of our fan base understands, it's the small few like you who are still living in 2001.

If you represent most of our fan base, then we're in deeper $*** than I thought. I'd guess that better than 50% don't like the "trend" of this program, and even more have flipped since Fat Al's debacle in the bowl game, followed-up with his illicit affair with his alma mater, and losing recruits in the process. But yeah, we're clearly out of touch with the state of the program and YOU have your finger on the pulse.

We cant even see 2001 its so long ago... let alone "live" in it. And with this stooge at the helm, we may never see that kind of talent and production again! We're circling the drain, and you don't even see it. Blinded by false promises, a con job, and the next great recruiting class--whose rank has been dropping like a stone.

As I said before "Never go FULL ******."

We really just need to look at what they did at temple as a HC DC combo.. you either feel they got "super" lucky (doubtful).. or once they get their stuff in place they can put out good defenses (probable).

I know they'll finally put it together next week. After all, they had a good D one year at Temple.

Advertisement
We really just need to look at what they did at temple as a HC DC combo.. you either feel they got "super" lucky (doubtful).. or once they get their stuff in place they can put out good defenses (probable).

I know they'll finally put it together next week. After all, they had a good D one year at Temple.

Any thoughts, Dau83, on how they did at Temple?

Posted this on another thread, but applicable here as well.

We ALL like MSU D right. Just for comparison:

As you look into the path they took to get to a top defense and a top team, I see a lot of similarities with Golden/D'No. Dantonio/Narduzzi were together at Cincy (CUSA) for 3 years, record was 18-17. In those 3 years, avg PA/G: 25.9. Went to MSU together, first 3 years, avg PA/G 25.0, record was 22-17 (2 extra losses - bowls). Sound familiar?

MSU PA/G: 2010 (Year 4 at MSU) : 22.3 2011 : 18.4 2012 : 16.3 2013 : 13.2

This is what I hope for (but a little faster than 7 years in) Si o no?
Where is this **** sucking ******, comparing Golden/dorito to Narduzzi. LMAO

LRG with another stellar prediction, condescending Muslim nerd still has the nerve to try and down talk people who exhibit some semblance of intelligence.

Also jerzeycane, stick to making ****** mixtapes. You know nothing about football.

Advertisement
Half this board was sucking Shannons ******, half was sucking off Goblins. The collective football IQ of this board is now in question.

LRG with another stellar prediction, condescending Muslim nerd still has the nerve to try and down talk people who exhibit some semblance of intelligence.

Also jerzeycane, stick to making ****ty mixtapes. You know nothing about football.

Still can't get any thoughts from LRG here. Guess he's going back to conduct some analysis on those Temple games.

Advertisement
Back