Simpson

Chill out with who’s going to B DC..FOCUS..We have bama N two weeks..FOCUS..it’s Great to Finally have a Coaching staff that We can sit up here and debate on who should B DC…We need to beat bama …make it to the Acc championship and beat clemson and make it to the final 4…just making it to the the final 4 will help Our players B better 4 nxt year and help recruiting..then let’s come back here nxt year and have the discussion about Who will B DC..Y’all R putting the Wagon N front of the Horse…Chilaxx

Advertisement
Future defensive coordinator somewhere. And I hope it’s here.

I honestly think Simpson is head coaching materiel and not just a defensive coordinator. In fact, I think he could be a “sleeper” great HC. I’ve always thought that, but never mentioned it.

He has all the traits I look for: Command presence, disciplined, attention to detail, great teacher of his craft, players respect him, great communicator, gets the best out of his players, leader of men…well respected by other coaches (HS, college and pro level)

I think he’s the best coach on the entire staff, by far (that includes manny)
I wholeheartedly agree that Jess Simpson has a bright future in the coaching profession. He is a future DC and eventually HC. He certainly has all of the traits that you listed above. Right now he is gaining valuable experience as Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line. To expand on the OPs premise Simpson is one of the reasons why I am so excited about this season and beyond. The current defensive staff has 3 coaches with DC experience(Diaz, Shoop, and T Rob) and another(Simpson) who has the ability to be a DC. This is also why I am not as concerned as a normally would be about the situation at DE and LB. Those are certainly concerns but good/great and competent coaching can go a long way towards mitigating those concerns.

Beer Taking GIF

Careful posting this. Some porster's kid might end up getting thrown under the bus for his old man's addiction and reckless screenshotting.

No. I can evaluate how his defensive line room responds to his coaching and see it on the field. He’s a natural leader of men. If we give up 150 yards rushing I’d need to see the context of how it happened.
Aren't you the Porster who said, "I quote", that TVDs arm is like Chad Pennington's way back in April??...When in fact, he has the best arm on the team??....So much for your evaluating....

Advertisement
Chill out with who’s going to B DC..FOCUS..We have bama N two weeks..FOCUS..it’s Great to Finally have a Coaching staff that We can sit up here and debate on who should B DC…We need to beat bama …make it to the Acc championship and beat clemson and make it to the final 4…just making it to the the final 4 will help Our players B better 4 nxt year and help recruiting..then let’s come back here nxt year and have the discussion about Who will B DC..Y’all R putting the Wagon N front of the Horse…Chilaxx
We’re won’t be out there playing the game, man. Nor are we practicing. Why do we need to focus? Lol

It’s just a discussion on a fan message board, compadre. It’s all good.

Advertisement
I totally disagree. I think he runs laps around Shoop and TRob as coaches.

Jess Simpson had a legendary hall of fame HS coaching career in Georgia, and was easily one of the best HS coaches in America, if not THE best

His Buford teams won 7 state championships in 12 years, and Simpson had a 164-12 record or a .932 winning percentage, in the toughest and highest level of football in Georgia - Div 8-AAAAAA. That is mind boggling.

The guy was so good, Simpson was recruited to the PROS as a coach directly from HS, and then he was recruited to Miami and turned the defensive line into and elite unit in year 1. The pros then called him back.

I think Jess Simpson is going to be a great HC somewhere….I think he’d be a better coaching (and moral) version of Art Briles
Buford was double and triple A for the longest then moved up to 4A. They’re not the biggest class, although they have destroyed a few big class schools.

You’re right. We did allow to RBs to get 200 each last year so we’re really starting from the bottom.
We also held Virginia Tech, the 10th ranked rushing offense in the country @250 ypg to 160 yards.

You guys using one game, UNC, as your only point of reference make me lol.

Can we stop shopping our coaches before a game has been played?

Ppl are desperate for Lashlee to get a HC gig. Now they're lining up TRob and Simpson for promotions.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Advertisement
We also held Virginia Tech, the 10th ranked rushing offense in the country @250 ypg to 160 yards.

You guys using one game, UNC, as your only point of reference make me lol.
Yes it’s a relevant one. You can’t ignore something that’s never been done in the history of college football.

Even with all the great option football teams.

Maybe you’re right and it was just anomaly.

We’ll know for sure after bama.

It has been awhile since CIS argued over who is considered our best coach. Nice problem to have.

Progress.

Advertisement
Can we stop shopping our coaches before a game has been played?

Ppl are desperate for Lashlee to get a HC gig. Now they're lining up TRob and Simpson for promotions.

This is why we can't have nice things.
We’re not their agents. And we don’t make hiring decisions.

We have no control over any of that. We’re just fans on a message board. Or are you concerned the universe will be to our will, in that we’re going to speak these things into existence?

I honestly think Simpson is head coaching materiel and not just a defensive coordinator. In fact, I think he could be a “sleeper” great HC. I’ve always thought that, but never mentioned it.

He has all the traits I look for: Command presence, disciplined, attention to detail, great teacher of his craft, players respect him, great communicator, gets the best out of his players, leader of men…well respected by other coaches (HS, college and pro level)

I think he’s the best coach on the entire staff, by far (that includes manny)
Guy is a legend in the Georgia football ranks. Can flat out coach.

Advertisement
Back