Simpson

Advertisement
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Can we hold bama to less than 100 yards rushing before your crown him as the next DC smfh?
No. I can evaluate how his defensive line room responds to his coaching and see it on the field. He’s a natural leader of men. If we give up 150 yards rushing I’d need to see the context of how it happened.

I honestly think Simpson is head coaching materiel and not just a defensive coordinator. In fact, I think he could be a “sleeper” great HC. I’ve always thought that, but never mentioned it.

He has all the traits I look for: Command presence, disciplined, attention to detail, great teacher of his craft, players respect him, great communicator, gets the best out of his players, leader of men…well respected by other coaches (HS, college and pro level)

I think he’s the best coach on the entire staff, by far (that includes manny)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can we hold bama to less than 100 yards rushing before your crown him as the next DC smfh?

Wut? The game has changed. Holding NC level teams to 400 yards total and maybe around 150 yards rushing is a pretty great feat nowadays.

Wut? The game has changed. Holding NC level teams to 400 yards total and maybe around 150 yards rushing is a pretty great feat nowadays.
We need context and understanding of defensive philosophy before evaluating Simpson on how good of a job he’s done. The dude is a natural leader and seems to be great with the locker room.

I totally disagree. Jess Simpson had a legendary hof fame HS coaching career in Georgia, and was easily one of the best HS coaches in America, if not THE best

His Buford teams won 7 state championships in 12 years and the dude had a 164-12 record abd a .932 winning percentage.

Simpson jumped to the PROS as a coach directly from HS, and was recruited to Miami and turned the defensive line into and elite unit in year 1. The pros then called him back.

I think Jess Simpson is going to be a great HC somewhere….I think he’d be a better coaching (and moral) version of Art Briles
So what do you disagree about?

Advertisement
I honestly think Simpson is head coaching materiel and not just a defensive coordinator. In fact, I think he could be a “sleeper” great HC. I’ve always thought that, but never mentioned it.

He has all the traits I look for: Command presence, disciplined, attention to detail, great teacher of his craft, players respect him, great communicator, gets the best out of his players, leader of men…well respected by other coaches (HS, college and pro level)

I think he’s the best coach on the entire staff, by far (that includes manny)
Let’s see if he can land us some big ugly DT’s and close on Stewart and Kelly in the recruiting department!

Shoop>TRob>Simpson
I totally disagree. I think he runs laps around Shoop and TRob as coaches.

Jess Simpson had a legendary hall of fame HS coaching career in Georgia, and was easily one of the best HS coaches in America, if not THE best

His Buford teams won 7 state championships in 12 years, and Simpson had a 164-12 record or a .932 winning percentage, in the toughest and highest level of football in Georgia - Div 8-AAAAAA. That is mind boggling.

The guy was so good, Simpson was recruited to the PROS as a coach directly from HS, and then he was recruited to Miami and turned the defensive line into and elite unit in year 1. The pros then called him back.

I think Jess Simpson is going to be a great HC somewhere….I think he’d be a better coaching (and moral) version of Art Briles

Last edited:
I totally disagree. I think he runs laps around Shoop and TRob as coaches.

Jess Simpson had a legendary hall of fame HS coaching career in Georgia, and was easily one of the best HS coaches in America, if not THE best

His Buford teams won 7 state championships in 12 years, and Simpson had a 164-12 record or a .932 winning percentage, in the toughest and highest level of football in Georgia - Div 8-AAAAAA. That is mind boggling.

The guy was so good, Simpson was recruited to the PROS as a coach directly from HS, and was recruited to Miami and turned the defensive line into and elite unit in year 1. The pros then called him back.

My post is more about how I would assume college coaches view the three and how I would anticipate it would shake out for the DC position next year.

I also think it’s a bit much to compare him to Briles. Briles the Xs and Os guy is one of the most innovative coaches of the last 20 years. He changed college football offense. I don’t see Simpson being that kind of influence.

All that being said, I think Simpson is a very good coach and I would gladly have him prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Back