Simpson

Advertisement
My post is more about how I would assume college coaches view the three and how I would anticipate it would shake out for the DC position next year.

I also think it’s a bit much to compare him to Briles. Briles the Xs and Os guy is one of the most innovative coaches of the last 20 years. He changed college football offense. I don’t see Simpson being that kind of influence.

All that being said, I think Simpson is a very good coach and I would gladly have him prove me wrong.
I referenced Briles because he was a legendary HS coach too.

All I know is Simpson won 7 state titles in 12 years in the highest division in GA - with a .932 winning percentage, and was so good at his craft, he bypassed college was was recruited straight to the Pros. NFL teams don’t hire HS coaches unless they’re a flippin unicorn of a coach.

Someone Can fact check this, but he might be the first and only coach to ever jump from HS to the pros as a coach.

Advertisement
Future defensive coordinator somewhere. And I hope it’s here.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Advertisement
I honestly think Simpson is head coaching materiel and not just a defensive coordinator. In fact, I think he could be a “sleeper” great HC. I’ve always thought that, but never mentioned it.

He has all the traits I look for: Command presence, disciplined, attention to detail, great teacher of his craft, players respect him, great communicator, gets the best out of his players, leader of men…well respected by other coaches (HS, college and pro level)

I think he’s the best coach on the entire staff, by far (that includes manny)

I agree with this, actually, BUT he has to prove that he can recruit and land blue chip talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Simpson a P5 DC. Simpson a P5 head coach.

I mean I think Simpson is a nice addition, just not sure what he’s done to deserve these instantaneous promotions.

People sure love to jump the gun around here.

I remember the Tathan flights of fancy as well.

I referenced Briles because he was a legendary HS coach too.

All I know is Simpson won 7 state titles in 12 years in the highest division in GA - with a .932 winning percentage, and was so good at his craft, he bypassed college was was recruited straight to the Pros. NFL teams don’t hire HS coaches unless they’re a flippin unicorn of a coach.

Someone Can fact check this, but he might be the first and only coach to ever jump from HS to the pros as a coach.
Didn't he go Buford, GA State (shortly), Falcons?

Advertisement
Back