Silvera

Advertisement
This is such an idiotic post. First of all, every team has injuries - it's a contact sport. Second of all, the injuries to Young/Richards are COMPLETELY different to the injuries Herndon and now Silvera sustained. Not sure why Bandy getting a targeting penalty is 'bad luck' either.

Show me a team that had 3 players suffer possible career ending neck injuries in back to back years. Bandy hit with a bs targeting call when we were thin at CB absolutely changed the course of that game. DT was a thin position and now this. Bad luck to some degree for aure

We have had the worst luck the last 15 years. Just in the last cpl of years malek young and ahmon richards injuries, trajan bandy thrown out of LSU game, herndon gets hurt right before clemson it never ends.

Not worst luck. More like lack of depth. Everyone has injuries. There’s just been a huge drop off from A to B for years now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This f'ing blows. If there was one guy who would have more motivation than anyone to wreck the game, it was Silvera. Playing against the school that finished second in his recruitment, some of his former HS teammates, and against the fan base that tries to clown him. I was looking forward to him so much against UF and this year. Hope he only misses a short amount of time. Prayers up kid!

Some Debbie downers in here man. Sucks for Nesta. I was looking forward to watching him play this season. We'll be fine though. We have 8 other DTs on the roster.

He was the 3rd or 4th DT at worst to start the year and a kid who the staff was hoping would turn into an All-ACC player. Aka very high ceiling. Nothing to jump off a bridge about, but not a great start to camp. You can’t have enough good DTs and this defense rotates them freely.

Show me a team that had 3 players suffer possible career ending neck injuries in back to back years. Bandy hit with a bs targeting call when we were thin at CB absolutely changed the course of that game. DT was a thin position and now this. Bad luck to some degree for aure
The offense and the punter may have played a small role as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I said it in the other thread, but I dont think we see him this season.

Chigoze, Ford, and Miller are formidable. Hate to lose that Nesta energy, tho.

I imagine we roll Hill or Garvin inside for certain packages as well.

With the redshirt rule he might be able play down the stretch and still catch a shirt. If he is healthy he plays. If he has been practicing this whole time, I would guess he has some type of small break that never healed. If so, they probably put pins in his ankle/foot whatever it is which puts you out about 6 weeks. He could come back by November/December. No if it is an Achilles then he is out for the year. All depends on the injury but the fact he had been practicing tells me it’s a minor surgery to probably put some screws in.

They’ve been saying he’s done well. Slimmed down, been put guards on their asses and his motor has improved. Y’all read the updates or naw?

I didn't say he couldn't. Said no way anyone could know. But congrats on you knowing for certain about a redshirt freshman based off of a handful of practice reports. Congrats?

Advertisement
Back