Silvera

If he had a fusion his playing days could be numbered
It could be half a million different things and many procedures might have no long-term effects.

The first guy to tell me would fuse my first three tarsometatarsal joints was Mark Myerson (now retired) who was the surgeon who told Terrell Owen not to play in the Super Bowl (which advice was ignored by Owen). You might remember. I don't know if Owen had lasting effects from playing too early. But it depends on the surgery.

Advertisement
It could be half a million different things and many procedures might have no long-term effects.

The first guy to tell me would fuse my first three tarsometatarsal joints was Mark Myerson (now retired) who was the surgeon who told Terrell Owen not to play in the Super Bowl (which advice was ignored by Owen). You might remember. I don't know if Owen had lasting effects from playing too early. But it depends on the surgery.

How can you possibly not know it’s Owens?

Nesta update from Manny. Doesn’t look to be season ending:

Hope for Silvera
Sophomore defensive tackle Nesta Silvera is expected to be out at least six weeks following surgery to repair his broken right foot, The Athletic learned Friday.

Silvera, who was expected to compete for a starting job in camp before he got hurt near the end of Miami’s first practice last week, would then need to get back in football shape before the Hurricanes put him on the field.

The hope, a team source said Friday, is Silvera will be able to get back on the field before Miami’s five-game homestand from Sept. 14 through Oct. 19 is over.

Great news. Well, I mean it’s really ******. But great that the injury is such that they’re not expecting a multi-month type of deal. 6 weeks from today is 9/14, which is the date of the Bethune game. Hopefully we can have him back and fully healthy by VT on 10/5, which would line up with what Dee said (out 4 games).

Advertisement
Manny said again this morning that he's out 6-8 weeks. If he had surgery at the end of last week, say 8/2, then the full 8 weeks is 9/27. We play Central Michigan on 9/28, then a bye the next week on 10/5, then VT on 10/12. I would imagine that will be the target. That'll be a full 10 weeks from surgery, and will give them time to get him into shape. Ease him back into action that week, have him full speed with no restrictions a couple weeks after that. Unless he has a setback, he shouldn't miss more than 1 ACC game (UNC). And he should be fresh and ready to go for the meat of the schedule, which will be those 5 straight weeks in October (VT, UVA, GT, Pitt, FSU).

Advertisement
Back