Silvera

Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken we have a bye week after the Gates so keep him out of the opener and give him essentially 6 weeks to heal and he's ready for the heart of our schedule. Sucks to miss the opener but don't want to make things worse rushing him back.

If I'm not mistaken we have a bye week after the Gates so keep him out of the opener and give him essentially 6 weeks to heal and he's ready for the heart of our schedule. Sucks to miss the opener but don't want to make things worse rushing him back.
[/QUOT
yup. first game is after UF is 9/7 (at unC)

As in he will miss 4 games or 4 weeks from today?

I hope he only misses 4 weeks but big man and foot injury is not good combination. A foot can be true *****. I’m a big guy and hav had lots of hurts - knees, arms, ankles, back, neck. That foot has everything on it all the time and getting over it can suck bad. He was my hope at DT. Let’s hope someone jumps out.

Advertisement
All things considered this is great news. If Nesta is getting the surgery today and they said he will miss 4 weeks then he could be ready to go sometime in the first half of the season. Remember that after his foot heals up, Nesta is going to have to get back into football shape. He may miss 4 games but I'll take it compared to what I thought would be season ending.

Nesta has a FIRE in him that's intense and hard for him to control , I know this is killing him . The surgeons at the U are the best in the world like Uribe and Sayjak ( sorry spelling) they do knees but you get the point athletes come here from around the world for our doctors.

I'm very confident Nesta will be SLOBER KNOCKING people real soon .

GOCANES

Advertisement
I was hoping it was a small cryptic surgical procedure for an ingrown toenail to throw of the gator scent.

Let’s hope Nesta heals quickly and completely so he can come back angry in the 2nd half of the season and dominate.

Advertisement
Nesta has a FIRE in him that's intense and hard for him to control , I know this is killing him . The surgeons at the U are the best in the world like Uribe and Sayjak ( sorry spelling) they do knees but you get the point athletes come here from around the world for our doctors.

I'm very confident Nesta will be SLOBER KNOCKING people real soon .

GOCANES

Dr. Zvijac*

Our defensive coordinator called losing him "a huge blow" on the radio this morning.

Again, why do our fans have to be so bi-polar? If there's any bad news like this, half the people say oh my god we need to cancel the season, and the other half think it's a complete non-issue and the kid stinks, he hasn't played, he's a backup etc. etc.

It can never be in the gray area around here. Spoiler alert: This falls in the gray area. It ABSOLUTELY is a big deal to lose this kid. If it's a very long period of time, i.e. season-ending, this is really big news. HOWEVER, if there are no other injuries at this position, it should be able to be absorbed well enough to not cause a huge problem...aka something that should significantly alter the direction of the season.

But make no mistake, Silvera was in Baker & Manny's plans to play A LOT this year at a very important spot. It's a blow, no question. Now Jordan Miller and probably one of the true freshmen are going to need to play at least a handful of snaps against the good competition with games in doubt.

Losing him hurts but I
dsddcane =

Duane Starks Dat Dude Cane.

I have always said thats who I believed he was

Advertisement
Losing him hurts but I

I have always said thats who I believed he was

I don't believe he is Duane. I get the impression Dee isn't from Florida, and Duane is from Miami Beach. Plus, Dee is in the music business, Duane isn't.

Advertisement
Back