Silvera talks the talk and walks the walk

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Nesta Silvera has quickly become a favorite for Miami Hurricanes fans and for good reason. The 6-2, 295-pound hammer of a defensive tackle talks the talk and walks the walk.

It's easy to spot Silvera's demeanor when he's battling in the trenches -- the Canes DT commit plays with a nasty attitude that is tough to match.

"When I see the man in front of me, to be quite honest, I laugh because I know he's not playing for the same reason as me. My mindset is make them feel like less of a person. I want them to question why they are even on the same field as me. I want them to quit football because I did them so dirty on the play before. And if you don't quit I'm gonna pound you play after play after play after play. I just wanna punish anybody in the opposite colored jersey as me."

"My biggest area that I need to work on is probably other moves. My bull rush is crazy and I've yet to meet any O-Lineman that can stop it -- but I still need a few more moves in my pocket just in case," Silvera said.

Miami's top-rated 2018 recruiting class has Silvera excited about the group he's coming into UM with. He had an idea it could be special, but it might even be an echelon above what he expected.

"Storm 18 is lit -- the kids a part of it are just all cool with each other. I didn't really think about it getting this crazy though."

Silvera has said on multiple occasions that he is recruiting his HS teammate Tyson Campbell to join him at Miami. But at the same time, he does not want to pressure him too much.

"Tyson's my dog but I want him to make the best decision for himself. If it's Miami...great. If it's not, then I know he's gonna ball wherever he goes."

A major reason for his Canes commitment was his respect for the work that Miami defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski has done over the years. Coach Kool has been a master NFL D-Line producer dating back to his days at Missouri. Silvera said he was watching the draft very closely.

"Man, watching the draft is like the best feeling because I know for a fact I'll be on the stage soon. It just brings I guess butterflies to my stomach. I'll be so excited and I'm not even the one getting drafted," he said.

Silvera assessed what he expects out of the Canes defense in 2017.

"I think the defense should be dominant. The D-Line looks like the strongest group and should lead the team," Silvera predicted.

Advertisement
"When I see the man in front of me, to be quite honest, I laugh because I know he's not playing for the same reason as me. My mindset is make them feel like less of a person. I want them to question why they are even on the same field as me. I want them to quit football because I did them so dirty on the play before. And if you don't quit I'm gonna pound you play after play after play after play. I just wanna punish anybody in the opposite colored jersey as me."

:sanford:

IMG_4128.GIF

Advertisement

RANDY-MARSH-quotes-internet-****.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Silvera is a ******* beast on the field. Can't wait until he's at Miami. He definitely will make an immediate impact

"The D-Line looks like the strongest group and should lead the team"

I know it will be hard for the new guys to imagine, but the catch phrase around here used to be "but can he play DT".

True story.

And not to nitpick, but I'm giving him 9/10. Would have been 10/10 if he'd have said that the only reason he needed other moves was for going up against our OL in practice.

Advertisement
It is really hard to watch this kid's tape (game and in camps), hear the way he talks about football and UM, and not like him. With his attitude, that frame, and coach Kool, this young man will be making grown men cry in no time.

This kid is a prime example why evaluations by the right coach will always trump recruiting rankings. No way this kid shouldn't be a 4 star considering the other DT's that are rated as 4 star recruits. Kuligowski over everybody!!!

Advertisement
Back