Silver lining ( a sober look at the defense and defensive staff)

Cane passion

Sophomore
Salute to the Miami coaching staff who were well aware of their short coming as far as personnel on defense and dealing with COVID to finish the regular season 8-2. Below are over several reasons to be optimistic going forward.
1) DL: As fans we had some concerns about this group. We weren’t sure about Jalen Phillips who turn out to be good player for us. Salute to manny for getting this transfer done. Also getting Roche to solidify our book ends. We made the move to get Harrison hunte starting over Ford which many posters agreed That was needed and In turn made us formidable upfront.

LBs; we all known that this was going to be an issue from the beginning. With pickney and shaq gone a realist can conclude that it’s a tall task to replace those two and we banked on Mccloud being the solution but well...,we seen how that turned out. Moreover a host of linebackers got their shot to get more reps and show they belonged but we just don’t have that guy. NOW THIS KID FROM USC WHOSE IN THE PORTAL IS A MUST GET HES THAT GUY! Kudos to the staff with doing more with less where this group is concerned by getting 8 wins. I’m impressed

CB: their has been a lack of depth at this position and it got even thinner when Christian Williams left. Tbh our secondary is mediocre at best and have been exposed on many occasions but has been masked by our record. Many people on this fan base want Rump gone but I would have to imagine rump and Ed Reed are friends and either behind closed doors or in meetings discuss what they can do to get the play of the secondary better. And I gotta believe they are taught the best technique to play corner by the aforementioned coaches but obviously it’s always not being excuted and the Cubbard is not that deep to pull from. We need some ballers at corner straight up. Growing up watching the canes I never saw our corners get ran away from.

IN CONCLUSION: We are moving in the right direction. Great job by manny getting this team together and producing 8 out of 10 wins. Blake made the most out of his glaring weakness at LB/CB and put what he and the defensive staff thought were his best options weekend week out also, not having players due to covid. Let’s be real we got smoked yesterday and it was embarrassing moreover it was the second nationally televised game this happened. Listening to fans and pod casters analysts of our tackling and saying we need to change our methods is COMICAL. Last week it was outstanding and yes it was against DOOK but they have scholarship athletes last time I checked ( see their defensive ends) we all get our butts kicked every now and then ( see Michigan Minnesota and Pennstate) So enjoy your slice of humble pie this weekend and see the SILVER LINING in all of this. 8-2 and we’re going to a respectable bowl game and have a good recruiting class coming in. GO CANES!

Advertisement
There are no reasons to be optimistic. It’s time to take off your cane shades. The schedule was a joke and we got whipped by the only two teams with a pulse we played and barely beat the bad ones.
We beat who we were supposed to beat. many said they were unsure about Clemson and Carolina and that’s who we lost to BADLY. .

Advertisement
Salute to the Miami coaching staff who were well aware of their short coming as far as personnel on defense and dealing with COVID to finish the regular season 8-2. Below are over several reasons to be optimistic going forward.
1) DL: As fans we had some concerns about this group. We weren’t sure about Jalen Phillips who turn out to be good player for us. Salute to manny for getting this transfer done. Also getting Roche to solidify our book ends. We made the move to get Harrison hunte starting over Ford which many posters agreed That was needed and In turn made us formidable upfront.

LBs; we all known that this was going to be an issue from the beginning. With pickney and shaq gone a realist can conclude that it’s a tall task to replace those two and we banked on Mccloud being the solution but well...,we seen how that turned out. Moreover a host of linebackers got their shot to get more reps and show they belonged but we just don’t have that guy. NOW THIS KID FROM USC WHOSE IN THE PORTAL IS A MUST GET HES THAT GUY! Kudos to the staff with doing more with less where this group is concerned by getting 8 wins. I’m impressed

CB: their has been a lack of depth at this position and it got even thinner when Christian Williams left. Tbh our secondary is mediocre at best and have been exposed on many occasions but has been masked by our record. Many people on this fan base want Rump gone but I would have to imagine rump and Ed Reed are friends and either behind closed doors or in meetings discuss what they can do to get the play of the secondary better. And I gotta believe they are taught the best technique to play corner by the aforementioned coaches but obviously it’s always not being excuted and the Cubbard is not that deep to pull from. We need some ballers at corner straight up. Growing up watching the canes I never saw our corners get ran away from.

IN CONCLUSION: We are moving in the right direction. Great job by manny getting this team together and producing 8 out of 10 wins. Blake made the most out of his glaring weakness at LB/CB and put what he and the defensive staff thought were his best options weekend week out also, not having players due to covid. Let’s be real we got smoked yesterday and it was embarrassing moreover it was the second nationally televised game this happened. Listening to fans and pod casters analysts of our tackling and saying we need to change our methods is COMICAL. Last week it was outstanding and yes it was against DOOK but they have scholarship athletes last time I checked ( see their defensive ends) we all get our butts kicked every now and then ( see Michigan Minnesota and Pennstate) So enjoy your slice of humble pie this weekend and see the SILVER LINING in all of this. 8-2 and we’re going to a respectable bowl game and have a good recruiting class coming in. GO CANES!
Bro, read the room. Too soon.

* And I'm generally pretty optimistic.

Go take your sliver linings and stick them where the sun don’t shine! Oh and don’t forget to go Fvck your self you Hecht center shill. On Monday at when you get to work at the Hecht make sure you let manure and Flake James no the banners are coming for them next year, gonna look like bombers over Berlin after the disaster that will be game one against bama.
I guess

Advertisement
Go take your sliver linings and stick them where the sun don’t shine! Oh and don’t forget to go Fvck your self you Hecht center shill. On Monday at when you get to work at the Hecht make sure you let manure and Flake James no the banners are coming for them next year, gonna look like bombers over Berlin after the disaster that will be game one against bama.
I don't know how after that horrific, nightmarish, pitiful, disgusting game can anyone find a silver lining in the season. It was a fraud. Who is to blame in all of this is that clown James and despicable athletic dept

OP, did you watch the game yesterday? or see the box score?
This defense gave up over 700 yards and 554 yards on the ground. There is no positive to take away from this game or this season. if not for King at QB we would be in same place as we were last year, or worse. Manny will be gone in a few years, it’s just a matter of time, he’s a terrible head coach.

Advertisement
OP, look..., and I mean this in the most respectful way possible because I know you’re a cane fan... but bruh, you can get tf outta here with this right now. I’m not up for the “look at the bright side” conversation. That ****show we put on the field yesterday, was absolute bull****. We didn’t just get beat yesterday. I can take losing. We got embarrassed on national TV, by a team that lost to FSU. Total beatdown! We gave up **** near 800yds of offense. Probably close to 500 of it came on the same **** play. 600 from 2 RBs. We have enough talent on this team to not get our **** pushed in like this. Head(s) need to roll. Sorry, but if I gave up that many yards of total offense in a High school game. My *** will probably be looking for another job as well. This is ridiculous.

unicorn-***.gif

Advertisement
OP, did you watch the game yesterday? or see the box score?
This defense gave up over 700 yards and 554 yards on the ground. There is no positive to take away from this game or this season. if not for King at QB we would be in same place as we were last year, or worse. Manny will be gone in a few years, it’s just a matter of time, he’s a terrible head coach.
Amen brother, it is just a matter of time, not if but not in a few years. After last nights record breaking performance against our program and last years results manure has one year to fix this or he’s gone if he ***** the bed again and if you look at our out of conference schedule, bama in Atlanta and MSU in Lansing. I think the odds are pretty good we’re looking at 5-7 or 6-6, the dude is horrible and so freaking unqualified it’s glaring! He literally doesn’t know what he’s doing and guessing and that’s all we saw last night was guess work. And if that’s not on indictment on Blake James and this administration, then I don’t know what is and god save us because we’re out of options.

Amen brother, it is just a matter of time, not if but not in a few years. After last nights record breaking performance against our program and last years results manure has one year to fix this or he’s gone if he ***** the bed again and if you look at our out of conference schedule, bama in Atlanta and MSU in Lansing. I think the odds are pretty good we’re looking at 5-7 or 6-6, the dude is horrible and so freaking unqualified it’s glaring! He literally doesn’t know what he’s doing and guessing and that’s all we saw last night was guess work. And if that’s not on indictment on Blake James and this administration, then I don’t know what is and god save us because we’re out of options.
Only reason I think he’ll be here a few years, is because this administration is so incompetent and this program is not going to want to pay the buy out. If King leaves we might be below a .500 team.

Advertisement
Back