Signing Day Profile: QB Tyler Van Dyke

Is 61.5 percent out of HS like meh or better than meh? I don’t follow HS. Thanks.

Jarren completed 61% of his passes as well in high school, but threw for more yards $ TDs.

Anyone familiar w the CT football scene? From what I understand, it’s not the greatest in many parts, but have some cool comp in some parts.

Advertisement
Jarren completed 61% of his passes as well in high school, but threw for more yards $ TDs.

Anyone familiar w the CT football scene? From what I understand, it’s not the greatest in many parts, but have some cool comp in some parts.

If a QB is a stud with horrible WRs, his accuracy numbers might not look great. I would worry if he was under 58% in HS. 61% could mean a lot of things. Glass half empty he has average accuracy. Glass half full, 61% with subpar WRs (not unlikely given that I don't think CT has great football) is an achievement. Be interested to see if any of his WRs got an offer to play at any level.

I just have to think that Tate has something to say before all is said and done. Just feels to me like Manny gave him some time away to figure things out and now that he’s back, and hopefully a new OC next year, he may turn into the guy. I just think he’s too talented not to. Maybe it’s me being a homer but I’m not giving up on Tate yet.

A homer? More like a Martell groupie.

Advertisement
IF the kid can make every throw, and IF he can take what the D is giving him, he will be fine. Right now our QB room is full of guys that look like they are playing blind.

I remember when we were saying the same about Williams. But coaching and scheme matters.

Williams can make the throws, he's just awful in the pocket it seems
Making the throws isn't the problem. Deciding when and where to throw it based off what the D is giving are just some of his problems. Perry is the same. He can make every throw, but it seems like he just doesn't know where to go with it most of the time.

Advertisement
Making the throws isn't the problem. Deciding when and where to throw it based off what the D is giving are just some of his problems. Perry is the same. He can make every throw, but it seems like he just doesn't know where to go with it most of the time.

How many talented, highly sought after QBs are gonna be such busts? Are we going to say the same thing about this guy when he starts looking lost out there? Or are we going to start appropriatly blaming the coaching/development, and the terribly scheme that only makes the glaring defeciencies of the O line worse instead of better? I don't care who you put out there. If they're getting sacked 9 times in their opening game it's going to give anyone shell shock.

How many talented, highly sought after QBs are gonna be such busts? Are we going to say the same thing about this guy when he starts looking lost out there? Or are we going to start appropriatly blaming the coaching/development, and the terribly scheme that only makes the glaring defeciencies of the O line worse instead of better? I don't care who you put out there. If they're getting sacked 9 times in their opening game it's going to give anyone shell shock.
Oh bad coaching is HUGE. It's why I laugh at everyone wanting Enos to stay on as QB coach. He's a horrible OC as well. However, I have seen with my own two eyes our QBs not even see guys that had their man beat. Now, part of that is coaching, but at some point a QB needs to see guys running open.

I also agree that the OC, his scheme, and the lack of QB protection really hurts a QB. Still, when there have been plays, we have missed them. When an O is struggling, the last thing you need is a QB missing big plays.

I'm all for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, because there is no doubt this staff has no clue how to get the most out of the talent they have. It's also obvious Enos is NOT the QB whisperer we were sold. If he was, Williams would be processing things better than he is.

Advertisement
This doesn’t mean much, but he looked like garbage throwing on air at the opening.

I was much higher on Jarren than I am on him coming out of HS. Maybe that’s a good thing though?

QB is always a crucial recruit. I know that people like different QBs we have now but I always look at one thing about QBs -- what happens to thei HC. QBs get HCs fired or successful. Mark retired, Manny pants are bursting into flames any time the sun hit them. I conclude without any additional thinking that no QB on the team right now is good enough. Accordingly, this dude is the most important recruit this year. If he is not good enough to take over job before season opener, Manny is done by end of year.

Advertisement
I just have to think that Tate has something to say before all is said and done. Just feels to me like Manny gave him some time away to figure things out and now that he’s back, and hopefully a new OC next year, he may turn into the guy. I just think he’s too talented not to. Maybe it’s me being a homer but I’m not giving up on Tate yet.
If any QB in the room had that IT thing Manny would have gotten an extension before having his head handed to him by Clemson.

I love accurate QBs with quick feet who play multiple sports. Hope he comes in ready and gets a chance to take the job outright.
Welcome to the U!

Advertisement
Back