Signing Day Profile: Linebacker Corey Flagg Jr.

View as article
No. I’m not asking that so it’s not the better comparison for me. DWins keeps talking about Hype-olite like he’s Ray Lewis and claiming Flagg is already JAGG.

Is Hype-olite better than the whiff we took? Of course he is. So is about 400 other guys.
This discussion has been going on because of our Lb whiff, because 75% of this board saw the greene and flowe whiffs coming for miles away and said so, because we had major lb needs in this class which haven’t been addressed, and because hyppolite is a local kid who athletically looks qualified to plus. And because athletically, flagg didn’t look like a standout. So yeah, frustration with manure diaz spilling over.

In fairness to both of them, they’re not alternatives. Flagg is an inside kid and hyppolite outside (greene, flowe again).

I personally was favorable on taking flagg’s commitment last summer when it appeared to be 1 out of 4 expected. He’s got a nose for the ball, and seems to tackle well, though isn’t from the film I’ve seen a violent hitter or someone who avoids or sheds blocks all that great.

Hyppolite I have said looked to me like a kid we should have targeted. fast, athletic, decent frame.

Advertisement
No. I’m not asking that so it’s not the better comparison for me. DWins keeps talking about Hype-olite like he’s Ray Lewis and claiming Flagg is already JAGG.

Is Hype-olite better than the whiff we took? Of course he is. So is about 400 other guys.
I'm ok with Flagg but bring my boy Hyppolite to I'm more upset the staph slow played him. I'm not a fan of flags speed and I think what has me more upset is the Hyppolite thing when I got info they like Flagg more. I didn't agree with that but was ok if they took Greene over him. Now that we whiffed on Greene and Flowe I'm tight. Maybe I'm being an emotional bytch and Flagg will prove me wrong. I still don't trust this staph to make a Flowe Hyppolite Flagg or Green look good anyway tbh.

You were spoiled to be the best during the Booch years, yet Booch was never the best at anything. He put together the best roster but never was the best with it at anything.
That's what I mean roster players savages. I know he wasn't the best only at roster building

I'm ok with Flagg but bring my boy Hyppolite to I'm more upset the staph slow played him. I'm not a fan of flags speed and I think what has me more upset is the Hyppolite thing when I got info they like Flagg more. I didn't agree with that but was ok if they took Greene over him. Now that we whiffed on Greene and Flowe I'm tight. Maybe I'm being an emotional bytch and Flagg will prove me wrong. I still don't trust this staph to make a Flowe Hyppolite Flagg or Green look good anyway tbh.
We know the staph felt they needed more than 2 LBs because they tried to get more. So they failed. We’ll see whether Hyppolite is good enough or not. But if not him, then they could and should have identified and prioritized other options. Instead they cased two kids everyone knew weren’t coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chick is a NFL player man. I’ll take a possible nfl player all day. Plus I doubt that team had more talent than Duncanville.
North Shore had the only 5* player in the game.AZ North shore is loaded for the 202

North shore and Duncanville are even in talent this year.. Duncanvil
I'm not

I just think Flagg beats him out
We gone see @Liberty City El

Flagg is the real deal. Mfs sleep

I get why everybody wants more speed at LB after seeing Pinckney and Shaq get ran by time and time again, but you’re missing the most important point. Both of them filled wrong gaps and lost containment, time and time again, yet still put up good numbers. If this kid is athletic as they are and doesn’t make those same mistakes he can be a starter for us. As long as you’re not running a 5 flat, instincts and play recognition for a LB trump all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Your hatred toward Diaz has skewed things - and trust me, I get it. But other than the last two abortion games, do you realize that we held most teams we played well below their average offense output? I still wake up in sweats asking myself why Baker didn’t have 2 safeties on the first down marker on 4th and 17, keeping everything in front of them, but overall the D played well enough to take us to the coastal. You need to focus on the other side of the ball.

The defense had maybe 3 “good” games all year. Teams like GT, FIU, and Duke should not score more than 10 against us. UNC had 17(?) in the first quarter? FIU scored 21(?) in the fourth. Manure defense is trash. He’s trash. And his ****y OC is trash.

No matter how inept the offense was they STILL gave the defense leads in 5 of our 6 losses yet the defense immediately allowed the other teams to score go ahead touchdowns directly after. Being top 15 in defense is meaningless if you can’t get a stop when you need it the most.

Yeah anyone pointing out that we had a top 15 defense in anyway shape or form is outside of their mind and really really really really really really really really really need to go study some football. Our defense is trash.

Advertisement
Back