**Sigh** I thought I would share...Gary Patterson 4-2-5 defe

Admittingly - I am a gopher fan and season ticket holder. Don't get me wrong - I am still a diehard Cane. The gophers played well tonight considering TCU is so well thought of going into the season. 2 things about the gophers vs TCU tonight:

1. All week long on the radio they talked about how Patterson was not happy with his offensive coordinator after 2 seasons at TCU. What did Patterson do? He fired those MF's and basically took Mike Leach's Offensive coordinator and others within Mike Leach's staff which we all know is at least a great offensive minds. Patterson recognized the issue and addressed it. This is a stark opposite to what we have seen with the Miami staff.

2. The gophers are not a title contender by any means. However - Jerry Kill and staff inherited an absolute pile of garbage left by Tim Brewster and after year 4 there is finally a lot of positivity around the team and we have beaten Nebraska the past two years and lead Ohio state at half last season. The Gophers will not be a big-10 champion under the current makeup of the league. However I can't think of a coach who has gotten so much out of 2&3 star recruits as Jerry Kill. He does more with less. Also a stark contrast to our situation at Miami where the coaches - by far - do less with more talent.

What a night and day difference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden and Doritos do not understand this. Too complicated for these two morons. They prefer to play read and react, a bend don't break, which they do, philosophy...

Thread title is an embarrassment. OP shouldn't be posting on the internet during elementary math class.

when im reminded about how far Miami has fallen....

View attachment 31562

This was me watching TCU's defense play against Ole Miss in the bowl game. MY GOD! That was the first time I have seen a defense play like a UM defense from the early 90s in years. Those LBers were so fast to the ball and the front 7 just dominated. And guess what? I don't think they had a LB that weighed over 225..Like the old days with the Bermuda Triangle. It was sad. Patterson has his defense playing like an old school UM defense and our coach has us playing like an old school Penn State defense. Smh.

Advertisement
Everyone kept focusing on TCUs offense but they forget that Gury has a great mind for defense. Their defense will be really good this year to compliment their offense.

Lol at not interviewing him cause we settled on Randy Shannon. We could have had the third best coach in college football and he would have provided stability as it seems he would have stayed a long time.

The unique part about his defense is how he splits up even his secondary with different calls, I've never known any coach to do that and I've had the chance to speak with and review the schemes with a few coaches, mainly at the FCS level. Seems brilliant in theory, but I'm of the belief that not many coaches could make it work.

Admittingly - I am a gopher fan and season ticket holder. Don't get me wrong - I am still a diehard Cane. The gophers played well tonight considering TCU is so well thought of going into the season. 2 things about the gophers vs TCU tonight:

1. All week long on the radio they talked about how Patterson was not happy with his offensive coordinator after 2 seasons at TCU. What did Patterson do? He fired those MF's and basically took Mike Leach's Offensive coordinator and others within Mike Leach's staff which we all know is at least a great offensive minds. Patterson recognized the issue and addressed it. This is a stark opposite to what we have seen with the Miami staff.

2. The gophers are not a title contender by any means. However - Jerry Kill and staff inherited an absolute pile of garbage left by Tim Brewster and after year 4 there is finally a lot of positivity around the team and we have beaten Nebraska the past two years and lead Ohio state at half last season. The Gophers will not be a big-10 champion under the current makeup of the league. However I can't think of a coach who has gotten so much out of 2&3 star recruits as Jerry Kill. He does more with less. Also a stark contrast to our situation at Miami where the coaches - by far - do less with more talent.

What a night and day difference.

The main OC of that team is the guy from OSU - not LEach's guy (that's the other co-OC).

Does Patterson not get along with Meacham?

First time I come back to this thread since my original post...Thread title fixed for all you ****ers. I will take my lashes for the error.

Advertisement
The unique part about his defense is how he splits up even his secondary with different calls, I've never known any coach to do that and I've had the chance to speak with and review the schemes with a few coaches, mainly at the FCS level. Seems brilliant in theory, but I'm of the belief that not many coaches could make it work.

That's cause you ain't never spoke to me, mang.

Advertisement
Back