**Sigh** I thought I would share...Gary Patterson 4-2-5 defe

Advertisement
Could you imagine a 4-2-5 with SFL athletes?

Ran it last year at the school I was the dc for, didn't have great lbs and it was easy to cover that up with good pressure from a 4 man front and having more athletes on the field to cover the field

"There is nothing worse than a secondary coach who is scared to get beat deep!" Thats that line

Advertisement
In [last] year’s game, I did a poor job in the last 12 minutes of the ballgame. We lost the game and did not get into the playoffs. We ran out of gas, and the only person I can blame is me.”

This is a quote from Patterson in that article. A coach that's taking blame?! Maybe Alfraud can take notes from this guy. These are the type of coaches that players will run through a wall for. Quite different from what we got, right?

Man what would it take to hire patterson? He would dominate the acc and win a couple of national titles at miami.

Advertisement
If we can't get the original get the guy that learned from him and is tearing it up at Memphis.

Where in the article does it talk about Patterson focusing on team unity? I was waiting for that big revelation. Per Al Golden it was the reason they almost made the playoffs

Advertisement
when im reminded about how far Miami has fallen....

DW Gif (2015_07_03 03_36_12 UTC).gif

Patterson uses 5 DB's against the spread. Golden uses 4 LB's to cover the spread. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know which method is more successful.

Advertisement
Just because Patterson’s defenders are reading the offense doesn’t mean they’re passive, though. “Where we are different from other teams is our rule for our safeties: ‘Don’t go till you know,’” Patterson said at a 2015 clinic. “Other teams have their safeties backpedal, but we sit there and flat-foot shuffle. We want you to try to throw vertical. I was a front coach for many years before I became a secondary coach. There is nothing worse than a secondary coach who is always worried about getting beat deep. We want to take away the short game, we want to take away combination routes, and we want to stop the run.”TCU’s defense does all three.

Most teams play base defense against up-tempo offenses as they just want to be sure to get lined up correctly, making them predictable and, in turn, allowing offenses to pile up easy yards, first downs, and points. That approach does not appeal to Patterson: “The first thing you must do is make a good first-down call,”

Quote of the century and what should be the death knell in Paul Williams' coffin, but it isn't. Paul Williams is CONSTANTLY talking about limiting explosive plays. It's his chief priority and it speaks to the defense's overall philosophy.

So is Golden and Donifrio.

Just because Patterson’s defenders are reading the offense doesn’t mean they’re passive, though. “Where we are different from other teams is our rule for our safeties: ‘Don’t go till you know,’” Patterson said at a 2015 clinic. “Other teams have their safeties backpedal, but we sit there and flat-foot shuffle. We want you to try to throw vertical. I was a front coach for many years before I became a secondary coach. There is nothing worse than a secondary coach who is always worried about getting beat deep. We want to take away the short game, we want to take away combination routes, and we want to stop the run.”TCU’s defense does all three.

Most teams play base defense against up-tempo offenses as they just want to be sure to get lined up correctly, making them predictable and, in turn, allowing offenses to pile up easy yards, first downs, and points. That approach does not appeal to Patterson: “The first thing you must do is make a good first-down call,”

Quote of the century and what should be the death knell in Paul Williams' coffin, but it isn't. Paul Williams is CONSTANTLY talking about limiting explosive plays. It's his chief priority and it speaks to the defense's overall philosophy.

So is Golden and Donifrio.

Y'all niggaz are really insane yo [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Man what would it take to hire patterson? He would dominate the acc and win a couple of national titles at miami.

He actually had an interview scheduled with Miami but our administration in all its wisdom hired Shannon days before the interview.

Advertisement
Back