Sick returning roster

Don't think our O-Line is bad, just misused. McDermott isn't even too far from his knee surgery and that's after missing an entire offseason. Getting an offseason to improve should do him wonders.

I'd love for us to go

St.Louis/McDermott/Linder/Darling/Odogwu

And mash the crap out of teams. Butch or Herman would have them boys burying the opposing line.

Defensive front 7 is loaded to the point that we haven't seen here since the great squads. Them boys are that serious. They got that "off the bus" swag to em too. Chad and Willis and Owens and AQM and Norton. Yeah that'll do up front. Gotta get them some JUCO help in the secondary.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Two big question marks:

1. Secondary - we will most definitely lose Artie. Does Corn jump as well? Even if he doesn't, that will leave us only one returning starter at corner and we don't have talent backfilled at the position

2. Offensive line - should we expect the unit to get a major boost? I know we are redshirting a few guys, but as of right now, this is it. Offensive line is not a priority for 2016 recruiting class

Not sure that we will DEFINITELY lose artie, theres obviously a strong likelihood but word is his mother wanted him to get his degree. So who know

Willis will be a nice addition to the front 7. Thank goodness he didn't have to waste a year of eligibility under Gluten.

Advertisement
Don't think our O-Line is bad, just misused. McDermott isn't even too far from his knee surgery and that's after missing an entire offseason. Getting an offseason to improve should do him wonders.

I'd love for us to go

And mash the crap out of teams. Butch or Herman would have them boys burying the opposing line.

Defensive front 7 is loaded to the point that we haven't seen here since the great squads. Them boys are that serious. They got that "off the bus" swag to em too. Chad and Willis and Owens and AQM and Norton. Yeah that'll do up front. Gotta get them some JUCO help in the secondary.

Go back and watch the Cincy game - the OK was pushed back on almost every play - pass or run

I'd love for us to go

Go back and watch the Cincy game - the OK was pushed back on almost every play - pass or run

Mostly because we run a soft and uninspired zone scheme as opposed to smash mouth football. If you play down hill football with these guys like they started doing when they were running powers down Duke's throat, you'll see that these guys can move people, but it's about an attitude. We don't have that attitude philosophically, so we constantly look soft.

Bring a coach in here that will demand these dudes start knocking fools backwards. Guarandamntee they hop to it.

How is our oline sick? Its the worst in the county but somehow next year they are going to be sick?

please explain

****-poor offensive line. Athletically limited.
No dynamic WR's other than Coley.
A legit talent at TE.
Great QB.
Quality but not dynamic RB's.

Depth at CB is a question mark.
Linebacker is atrocious IMO. Although a new scheme could possibly make them look better.
D-line talent is legit.
Safety appears to be talented.

Advertisement
Only so much the next coach can do with the big softies up front. Expect hard-nosed teams like ND to punch them in the mouth and bully them consistently. They may win the Coastal, though.

I'd love for us to go

We need Tyree St. Louis to blossom this offseason and take that LT spot like you have predicted. But then Darling kicks out to RT where he belongs then you left off Isidora at RG. That leaves sunny as a backup tackle, Brown as backup guard, Gall backup center (or knighton)

Advertisement
I think our OL will be much better next year.

The spot that worries me is WR and our returners. Speed is sorely lacking in both of those areas.

I'd love for us to go

We need Tyree St. Louis to blossom this offseason and take that LT spot like you have predicted. But then Darling kicks out to RT where he belongs then you left off Isidora at RG. That leaves sunny as a backup tackle, Brown as backup guard, Gall backup center (or knighton)

Isadora's regression has soured me on him. I think Odogwu has the better potential as a tackle and Darling has tremendous potential as a guard once the new coach comes in here and doesn't ask him to be Luke Joekel. He needs to put his weight back on and kick inside. His meant to pound people.

If we hire a formidable coach (hopefully Butch) and add a high quality JC OL (or 2) and a solid recruiting class, we'll win the conference and have a shot at a nice BCS game...

But we still need to add some game breakers with speed. We're still a step slow across the roster....

The next coach will be set up to win instantly. 9 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters (9 if Artie Burns decides to return). 11 offensive backups 8 defensive backups. Also Gus Edwards, Darrion Owens and Marques Gayot return from injury and Gerald Willis will finally be active.

This roster will be set up to WIN.

Advertisement

I'd love for us to go

Isadora's regression has soured me on him. I think Odogwu has the better potential as a tackle and Darling has tremendous potential as a guard once the new coach comes in here and doesn't ask him to be Luke Joekel. He needs to put his weight back on and kick inside. His meant to pound people.

I think a new OL coach will do these guys great, if it's the right hire. They need something different. Kehoe just hasn't been getting them ready this year and it hurts me to blame him but there's just no excuses for how bad they have been.

Lot of potential in the OL group though and I hope the next staff gets the most out of them. It could go from the worst unit to the best unit real quick.

The next coach will be set up to win instantly. 9 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters (9 if Artie Burns decides to return). 11 offensive backups 8 defensive backups. Also Gus Edwards, Darrion Owens and Marques Gayot return from injury and Gerald Willis will finally be active.

This roster will be set up to WIN.

The new OC better know how to use his tight ends

A couple of poor classes left us thin at places.

Negatives:
I think our OL is bad. Need the young guys to grow quick.
Desperately need speed at WR.
Have to add a bellcow big play RB. We don't have one.
CB talented but not deep, IMO.

Positives:
Brad Kaaya
Starting 11 defensively is absolutely nasty
Herndon and Njoku could be nice
Stacy Coley

Coley and Bruce = Speed

Kehoe is a weak coach. I train a former OL and he told me that he doesn't teach any technique, just tells guys they have to get it done. He said it was a huge drop off from Stoutland. OL and DL coaches will be important hires.

Advertisement
Back