Sick returning roster

Hstokes1447

Junior
The next coach will be set up to win instantly. 9 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters (9 if Artie Burns decides to return). 11 offensive backups 8 defensive backups. Also Gus Edwards, Darrion Owens and Marques Gayot return from injury and Gerald Willis will finally be active.

This roster will be set up to WIN.

Advertisement
Totally agree. With the right coach and a good recruiting class, we should be in contention for ACC title and potentially the playoff.

David njoku has best TE in the nation type of talent kid is an absolute mismatch

Advertisement
Easy guys - including in the "returning starters" is one of the worst UM OL's ever - part is due to coaching and part is do to lack of talent

The next coach will be set up to win instantly. 9 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters (9 if Artie Burns decides to return). 11 offensive backups 8 defensive backups. Also Gus Edwards, Darrion Owens and Marques Gayot return from injury and Gerald Willis will finally be active.

This roster will be set up to WIN.

Let's try and remember the new coach will be God willing trying to strip most of the garbage schemes and poor development that these kids have had pounded into them the last 4-5 years.

We are all excited for better times...but even if they get smart fast and bring in Butch...it's gonna take some time.

UM

David njoku has best TE in the nation type of talent kid is an absolute mismatch

He runs like a wr I don't know how any team covers him next yr. Put a lb on him and his speeds beats him. Put a db on him and his size beats them. He's a freak athlete never mind his size

Two big question marks:

1. Secondary - we will most definitely lose Artie. Does Corn jump as well? Even if he doesn't, that will leave us only one returning starter at corner and we don't have talent backfilled at the position

2. Offensive line - should we expect the unit to get a major boost? I know we are redshirting a few guys, but as of right now, this is it. Offensive line is not a priority for 2016 recruiting class

Advertisement
Defense will be way more simple than the nfl playbook we have so we should have no problem with a new d scheme but a new offensive scheme could take a bit

Totally agree. With the right coach and a good recruiting class, we should be in contention for ACC title and potentially the playoff.

This board is manic-depressive. A good coach will certainly have talent to work with, but I think you guys forget that other teams have young stud recruits and coaching already in place. Well-coached teams tend to make progress... With that said, I think a 10 win season is a very realistic possibility

Advertisement
A couple of poor classes left us thin at places.

Negatives:
I think our OL is bad. Need the young guys to grow quick.
Desperately need speed at WR.
Have to add a bellcow big play RB. We don't have one.
CB talented but not deep, IMO.

Positives:
Brad Kaaya
Starting 11 defensively is absolutely nasty
Herndon and Njoku could be nice
Stacy Coley

Advertisement
Njoku is much faster, more physical, and better than I expected by far. He has the ability to be the most dynamic tight end we have had in a while.

A couple of poor classes left us thin at places.

Negatives:
I think our OL is bad. Need the young guys to grow quick.
Desperately need speed at WR.
Have to add a bellcow big play RB. We don't have one.
CB talented but not deep, IMO.

Positives:
Brad Kaaya
Starting 11 defensively is absolutely nasty
Herndon and Njoku could be nice
Stacy Coley
Agree. While we have holes, this is not going to be a 3-4 year rebuild for the next guy. That's the nicest thing I can say about Gordlen.

Two big question marks:

1. Secondary - we will most definitely lose Artie. Does Corn jump as well? Even if he doesn't, that will leave us only one returning starter at corner and we don't have talent backfilled at the position

2. Offensive line - should we expect the unit to get a major boost? I know we are redshirting a few guys, but as of right now, this is it. Offensive line is not a priority for 2016 recruiting class

I agree regarding the CB position although I do believe Sheldrick Redwine and Michael Jackson could be solid with a good coach. Safety will be solid with Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter and Jaquan Johnson all talented and experienced.

These starters on the offensive line are young (3 SO's and 1 JR) and with another year could be very solid. There will be 15 returning scholarship offensive linemen on this roster in the spring. Thats a 3 deep of offensive lineman, those guys simply need to be coached up.

Two big question marks:

I agree regarding the CB position although I do believe Sheldrick Redwine and Michael Jackson could be solid with a good coach. Safety will be solid with Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter and Jaquan Johnson all talented and experienced.

These starters on the offensive line are young (3 SO's and 1 JR) and with another year could be very solid. There will be 15 returning scholarship offensive linemen on this roster in the spring. Thats a 3 deep of offensive lineman, those guys simply need to be coached up.

Bright spot on the OL is that it will probably be the same guys 2 years from now too. We saw FSU's young OLine go from awful to fairly dominant just by playing together and getting tougher as the years went on. Hope the new coach let's our kids mash and sees similar results.

Advertisement
Back