SIAP...NIL fixed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane

Jim Carrey Relax GIF by Team Coco

I thought you said this wasn't possible or some shnit?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hard to understand what’s going on without the ****ing match of the previous 2 threads. I do smell better though.

It's simple.

FL House/Senate "leadership" inserted the two sentence amendment into an unrelated bill. Most (not all) voted on the bill without knowing about this. Controversy ensued.

Now, the majority of House/Senate members who were clueless about the shenanigans have voted to remove that two sentence amendment, effectively outvoting the House/Senate "leadership" who snuck the amendment in a few days ago.

All's well that ends well.

It's simple.

FL House/Senate "leadership" inserted the two sentence amendment into an unrelated bill. Most (not all) voted on the bill without knowing about this. Controversy ensued.

Now, the majority of House/Senate members who were clueless about the shenanigans have voted to remove that two sentence amendment, effectively outvoting the House/Senate "leadership" who snuck the amendment in a few days ago.

All's well that ends well.
It'll be too "in the weeds" politically for most to care about but it actually would be interesting to know what exactly went down here (ie outside "lobbying") and who exactly knew what when....and how effing stupid or for sale all involved parties must be to think it was either going to slide under the radar or that they wouldn't have faced massive backlash personally had they succeeded.

@TheOriginalCane

Jim Carrey Relax GIF by Team Coco

I thought you said this wasn't possible or some shnit?

I correctly said a veto wasn't going to happen. I correctly said a line-item veto wasn't possible.

I NEVER said that the House/Senate couldn't come together to outvote the idiotic "leadership" who snuck the amendment in the first time.

I DID say that they would never have the time to (a) veto the original bill, (b) pass an entirely new bill, and (c) re-create all the other garbage amendments (transgender sports ban) that got larded into the original bill.

But, sure, if you can find me EVER saying that it "wasn't possible" to take those two sentences out of the original bill (NOT a new bill), then feel free to cut and paste that.

In other words, I was absolutely accurate and correct.

Advertisement
Back