SIAP: Mark Walton - Quiet Camp

bigsonnyu

Sophomore
Kid has all of the tools, but for all of the big plays he made at Da U, I was always worried about his prospects at the next level.

Why, because he consistently went off script for the "big play" instead following the play's design by hitting the hole behind his blockers. -- Granted we weren't the best run blocking team in the nation, so some of those runs were him improvising to make something out of nothing.

However, that mindset can haunt you in the NFL. Those guys aren't taking plays off, are technically sound, and won't just let a back bounce every play for a big gain. The way it's looks, kid will basically have to thank his lucky stars - if he lands on the practice squad!

- Meanwhile, Gus Edwards is getting 1st Qtr reps with the Ravens - Chit Crazy Man!

If Walton gets cut, best case scenario is that a genius like Belichick picks him up and pours into him.

Really pulling for this guy. Do you guys think he makes the Bengals team?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Herndon’s not getting much traction with the Jets so far, either. He’s actually competing for snaps with Walford...

Walton's best shot at making any roster is his special teams ability. He was never going to be more than a change of pace back anyway.

Interesting. Pulling for Walton but I think it was telling that he was going to find the perfect fit for him and his game. Didn't he have just marginal numbers when you looked at just P5 opponents?

Advertisement
Interesting. Pulling for Walton but I think it was telling that he was going to find the perfect fit for him and his game. Didn't he have just marginal numbers when you looked at just P5 opponents?

He did for the most part, but alot of that can also be attributed to our OL under-performing against stouter DL's. Either way, he developed a bad habit of trying to find his own running lanes, which is the very thing that's hurting him now.

Advertisement
Herndon’s not getting much traction with the Jets so far, either. He’s actually competing for snaps with Walford...
This isn’t true, jets are VERY high on Herndon and he had been probably their most impressive rookie outside of darnold

I also think Herndon has a chance. There aren't very many marquee TE's in the league right now (outside of the top 5-6 guys). If you can block and catch, and run decent routes, you're good to go in the NFL right now.

This past seasons class for Miami isn’t looking good it seems like to start. Walton Berrios Norton probably getting cut. Mac is dealing with a health issue idk what his roster status is and Herndon will make the squad barely I think.

Advertisement
That Bengals team has like 4/5 backs that are better... I hope they keep him, but he trotted off the field holding his ankle so I think he'll get cut

Advertisement
This past seasons class for Miami isn’t looking good it seems like to start. Walton Berrios Norton probably getting cut. Mac is dealing with a health issue idk what his roster status is and Herndon will make the squad barely I think.
Brax ain’t getting cut

Takes Walton a bit to get his wheels under him in a new system, he will be OK. His bigger issue is staying healthy.

Advertisement
Back