SIAP Jimbo/Nick Saban beef

View attachment 186734
For those who follow Gator Tears. This is probably what the gaytor coaches understanding of the situation here with Saban is and what triggered it fwiw.

@TheOriginalCane

If you listen to the full 8 minute response that Saban gave, it becomes obvious that the Mitchell situation is a part of it.

During the first six minutes (before he started lying about aTm and Jackson State and Miami in his final 2 minutes), he was talking about kids who have "grown up in Alabama" now asking for money to go to Alabama. This is one aspect of the "new reality" that has him shook, HOW DARE KIDS grow up in Alabama, surrounded by Alabama merch and fans, and then expect Alabama to pay them to go to Alabama?

Of course, Saban has had no problems going into SoFla for years, and stealing kids who "grew up near Miami and rooted for Miami". No, it's only a BAD thing when Alabama kids expect Alabama to pay them the same as they do for every out-of-state imported/purchased recruit.

Again, these are the existential threats that Saban described to his Birmingham boosters, as he asked for more money to compete for paying players:

1. Kids who grew up in Alabama but will go to schools other than Alabama unless Alabama pays them
2. Schools in states with an economic and commercial base much larger than Alabama will LEGALLY "buy" the players that Alabama once bought illegally
3. Lesser schools (one of which has historically admitted students that Alabama barred until about 50 years ago) will pay to get players who should be "really good Division I" players, and those lesser schools should not be able to outspend Alabama for the players that Alabama once bought illegally...PLUS THEY WILL BRAG ABOUT IT...
4. Schools in states with more diversity (they're playin' bas-ket-ball, they're playin' bas-ket-ball) will LEGALLY buy the players that Alabama once bought illegally...PLUS AN ATTORNEY WILL EXPLAIN HOW HE DID IT...

That's not hyperbole or falsehoods, even if I phrased things in a humorous fashion. Those are the specific things that Saban mentioned in his 8 minute answer to a question from a booster regarding NIL.

---Saban criticized collectives even as he spoke of Alabama's collective
---Saban complained about the #1 HS recruit getting $1M (which everyone involved has denied) and an all-conference basketball TRANSFER getting $400K, even as he BRAGGED ABOUT Alabama having "about 20" football players who earned over $3 million in NIL in one year.
---Saban whined about Jackson State "bragging" about Hunter and John Ruiz "explaining" his deal with Nijel Pack, plus he seemed to be OBSESSED with articles in "the paper", even though nearly every report about aTm, Jackson State, and Miami have been anonymous, unsourced, and/or unconfirmed internet reports (with the exception of John Ruiz's tweet on Nijel Pack).

Listen to the tape. Everything I have described is true. Saban can spin things however he wants after the fact, but he was speaking to his boosters and he knew it was being filmed. The video was posted on the Alabama 247 site. Saban knew what he was saying, he knew who would hear it (live and/or on video), and he still chose to tell massive lies about aTm, Jackson State, and Miami.

Saban is scared. Not about his 2022 pre-season ranking, as Tusk is so worried about. But because Saban knows he is going to have to work 10x harder, when he wants to retire in a couple of years. Saban is also worried about the possibility that his last few years will result in a drop-off, and it becomes painfully obvious to the rest of the world that his success was heavily (but not totally) predicated on illicit payments to recruits. These are very real concerns for Saban.

Saban is shook.

Advertisement
If you listen to the full 8 minute response that Saban gave, it becomes obvious that the Mitchell situation is a part of it.

During the first six minutes (before he started lying about aTm and Jackson State and Miami in his final 2 minutes), he was talking about kids who have "grown up in Alabama" now asking for money to go to Alabama. This is one aspect of the "new reality" that has him shook, HOW DARE KIDS grow up in Alabama, surrounded by Alabama merch and fans, and then expect Alabama to pay them to go to Alabama?

Of course, Saban has had no problems going into SoFla for years, and stealing kids who "grew up near Miami and rooted for Miami". No, it's only a BAD thing when Alabama kids expect Alabama to pay them the same as they do for every out-of-state imported/purchased recruit.

Again, these are the existential threats that Saban described to his Birmingham boosters, as he asked for more money to compete for paying players:

1. Kids who grew up in Alabama but will go to schools other than Alabama unless Alabama pays them
2. Schools in states with an economic and commercial base much larger than Alabama will LEGALLY "buy" the players that Alabama once bought illegally
3. Lesser schools (one of which has historically admitted students that Alabama barred until about 50 years ago) will pay to get players who should be "really good Division I" players, and those lesser schools should not be able to outspend Alabama for the players that Alabama once bought illegally...PLUS THEY WILL BRAG ABOUT IT...
4. Schools in states with more diversity (they're playin' bas-ket-ball, they're playin' bas-ket-ball) will LEGALLY buy the players that Alabama once bought illegally...PLUS AN ATTORNEY WILL EXPLAIN HOW HE DID IT...

That's not hyperbole or falsehoods, even if I phrased things in a humorous fashion. Those are the specific things that Saban mentioned in his 8 minute answer to a question from a booster regarding NIL.

---Saban complained about the #1 HS recruit getting $1M (which everyone involved has denied) and an all-conference basketball TRANSFER getting $400K, even as he BRAGGED ABOUT Alabama having "about 20" football players who earned over $3 million in NIL in one year.
---Saban whined about Jackson State "bragging" about Hunter and John Ruiz "explaining" his deal with Nijel Pack, plus he seemed to be OBSESSED with articles in "the paper", even though nearly every report about aTm, Jackson State, and Miami have been anonymous, unsourced, and/or unconfirmed internet reports (with the exception of John Ruiz's tweet on Nijel Pack).

Listen to the tape. Everything I have described is true. Saban can spin things however he wants after the fact, but he was speaking to his boosters and he knew it was being filmed. The video was posted on the Alabama 247 site. Saban knew what he was saying, he knew who would hear it (live and/or on video), and he still chose to tell massive lies about aTm, Jackson State, and Miami.

Saban is scared. Not about his 2022 pre-season ranking, as Tusk is so worried about. But because Saban knows he is going to have to work 10x harder, when he wants to retire in a couple of years. Saban is also worried about the possibility that his last few years will result in a drop-off, and it becomes painfully obvious to the rest of the world that his success was heavily (but not totally) predicated on illicit payments to recruits. These are very real concerns for Saban.

Saban is shook.
This is such a great post. The part that got me was how dare a kid who grew up in Bama demand money to play at Bama and even pass on Bama for money but it’s ok for South Florida kids to do that to Miami because - you know - that’s different.

Nice Kurtis Blow reference btw

This is such a great post. The part that got me was how dare a kid who grew up in Bama demand money to play at Bama and even pass on Bama for money but it’s ok for South Florida kids to do that to Miami because - you know - that’s different.

Nice Kurtis Blow reference btw

Any time, my friend, any time!

BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine. I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal. As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"? The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."

Of course, they are.
Yes. Saban said something that wasn’t true. He said, “Texas A&M bought every player. We didn’t buy 1 player.” That statement is false or he is being hypocritical on the definition of “bought. “

Advertisement
You motherfūcker… you are coming on here and saying this with a straight face?

What in the holy fūck do you think you crackers have been doing for the last 15 or 20 years?

You have got to be fūcking kidding me that you just posted this.

An Alabama fan just came on here to complain that boosters are paying players to go to certain schools.

My head is spinning like a top.

@RVACane don’t ban this guy, this has got to be pinned forever. This sheer hypocrisy is mind-boggling
LMAO, Post of the year right here! But be careful, don’t catch an infraction over some inbred ****. I called for his ban, but they all ignored me.

You mean how college football has become right now with talent only at schools like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU? And scraps being passed around by a bunch of teams who wish they could?

This will never turn into a salary cap because NIL isn’t meant to make money off on field performance… if businesses which was the entire point of this whole thing keep making good money off the marketing angle of say TVD driving around a BMW from that particular dealership then we will see deals always stacking for the starting QB at Miami…. If businesses get burned with let’s say Quinn Ewyers who flopped at OSU and remains to be see at Texas you’ll see a lot of top money slow down
NIL will (could) just shift the concentration of power from one group to another. CFB isn't going to have 30+ teams with a legitimate chance at 4 or even 12 playoff spots.

Again, as a broad rule of thumb, look where NFL teams are regionally and that could serve as a basis where NIL* will take CFB.

*absent some drastic course correction

Actually, with the sheer amount of BAMA stuff on this forum, it would appear I'm a lot more derelict in my responsibilities than on cue.
Yes, there have been some issues with SEC and Bama **** riding. Those of us who are men on this site do not engage in such things, and are more than willing to rehabilitate those Cane brothers who have made bad decisions to do so. Though I do believe, the recent NIL stuff has made us a hot topic on your boards. That said, if Miami’s trajectory continues to climb, I bet that Bama board you Mod is gonna be riding in Miami **** riders as well.

You motherfūcker… you are coming on here and saying this with a straight face?

What in the holy fūck do you think you crackers have been doing for the last 15 or 20 years?

You have got to be fūcking kidding me that you just posted this.

An Alabama fan just came on here to complain that boosters are paying players to go to certain schools.

My head is spinning like a top.

@RVACane don’t ban this guy, this has got to be pinned forever. This sheer hypocrisy is mind-boggling
strong points...but whoa friend!!

Advertisement

Saban is shook.
💯
He had to put in a lot of work and his supporters put in a lot of money to have others just come in and take it like nothing.
You’re spot on about the newspaper thing. He’s upset at all these schools getting free publicity while he loses recruits. I’ve told everyone here that he’s obsessed with optics. Having local elite recruits pick Alabama has been horrible optics for UM ever since Amari Cooper and made leaving that hat on the table a lot easier for a lot of players after him.
He knows how that looks and having in state kids spurn him for another program is eating him alive cause he knows that it makes other kid’s decision to leave a lot easier. Some local kids might have wanted to leave but have been afraid of the pressure. If a few of them leave now he has to work to keep in state kids too.

Saban has been dominating recruiting while barely leaving campus for years.
He ain’t doing what Mario does cause he’s been able to just call a kid in and have some booster bless his whole family. He only visited Braylen Ingraham after he committed.

There also has to be a few in that admin and school that are pretty sick of his bs. Saban is notoriously difficult to work for and work with. Having him be there for almost 20years now has likely rubbed some people tha wrong way.
Hate to mention pedo state and fspoo but he ain’t Jo pa or Bowden.

Saban is shook.
It's 100% this

"Saban is also worried about the possibility that his last few years will result in a drop-off, and it becomes painfully obvious to the rest of the world that his success was heavily predicated on illicit payments to recruits."

Advertisement
💯
He had to put in a lot of work and his supporters put in a lot of money to have others just come in and take it like nothing.
You’re spot on about the newspaper thing. He’s upset at all these schools getting free publicity while he loses recruits. I’ve told everyone here that he’s obsessed with optics. Having local elite recruits pick Alabama has been horrible optics for UM ever since Amari Cooper and made leaving that hat on the table a lot easier for a lot of players after him.
He knows how that looks and having in state kids spurn him for another program is eating him alive cause he knows that it makes other kid’s decision to leave a lot easier. Some local kids might have wanted to leave but have been afraid of the pressure. If a few of them leave now he has to work to keep in state kids too.

Saban has been dominating recruiting while barely leaving campus for years.
He ain’t doing what Mario does cause he’s been able to just call a kid in and have some booster bless his whole family. He only visited Braylen Ingraham after he committed.

There also has to be a few in that admin and school that are pretty sick of his bs. Saban is notoriously difficult to work for and work with. Having him be there for almost 20years now has likely rubbed some people tha wrong way.
Hate to mention pedo state and fspoo but he ain’t Jo pa or Bowden.
Saban is the closer those boosters do give u right....but they were there before Saban was. He taught them what to do and how to do it when he got there.

Advertisement
Look at the data, that actually exists. BAMA is doing just fine in recruiting and continues to get first pick in the magic portal. Your definition of "competitive advantage" through direct booster payment to high school recruits is mythology. Pure theory that opposing teams are putting forth as the motive for the latest coach Saban-speak.
I think you should just RaWl TiDe!!!! ya *** on outta here, bol.

Prove it?

So what? Some kids are pure mercenary in spirit. They always have been. That's not a collective or even healthy look at high school recruiting. Look at the caliber of athlete BAMA just brought in? If BAMA was so inclined, they could pick the cream of the crop of 25 transfer players every season and forget high school recruits and win big time. And for the record, BAMA has finished behind Georgia a few times, Ohio State, and some others in recruit rankings and still managed some serious hardware. Offer the kids the moon. You can still just get 25 of them. BAMA, historically, has never had a history of not getting theirs.
Are you from Alabama?

Because your education level is showing.

Advertisement
Back