SIAP Jimbo/Nick Saban beef

Prove it?

So what? Some kids are pure mercenary in spirit. They always have been. That's not a collective or even healthy look at high school recruiting. Look at the caliber of athlete BAMA just brought in? If BAMA was so inclined, they could pick the cream of the crop of 25 transfer players every season and forget high school recruits and win big time. And for the record, BAMA has finished behind Georgia a few times, Ohio State, and some others in recruit rankings and still managed some serious hardware. Offer the kids the moon. You can still just get 25 of them. BAMA, historically, has never had a history of not getting theirs.

More lies.

First, the "historically" argument is garbage. Rivals/Scout/247/ESPN/on3 rankings and ratings have only existed for just over 20 years.

Second, there were plenty of years when Alabama coaches not named "Bear Bryant" or "Gene Stallings" or "Nick Saban" struggled to get the best players.

Third, there is no way in **** that Alabama could sign 25 transfer players every year and "win big time". You neglect the mathematical realities of building a full 85 person roster with guys that only have a couple of years of eligibility left.

Just stop your baseless bragging and your worthless lying.

Advertisement
You think that statement was 100% correct?

Nick Saban's statements were not factually correct in any way, at least for the last 2 minutes of his comments. And if Tusk wants to adopt Saban's comments and claim them as "truthful", then he is lying as well.

Last edited:
Bama fans giving these vibes👇

They just can't comprehend what is happening.

Smith is hysterical in this back and forth.

BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine. I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal. As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"? The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."

Of course, they are.
Albert Means says high

Prove it?

So what? Some kids are pure mercenary in spirit. They always have been. That's not a collective or even healthy look at high school recruiting. Look at the caliber of athlete BAMA just brought in? If BAMA was so inclined, they could pick the cream of the crop of 25 transfer players every season and forget high school recruits and win big time. And for the record, BAMA has finished behind Georgia a few times, Ohio State, and some others in recruit rankings and still managed some serious hardware. Offer the kids the moon. You can still just get 25 of them. BAMA, historically, has never had a history of not getting theirs.
Prove it is your response???

There are hundreds of FBI wire taps on the basketball side regarding Arizona and other colleges and nothing has been done about it.

Saban isn’t lying about Jimbo but he sure as **** is just, if not more, dirtier than Jimbo. He has a whole state that covers for him.

How many years giving cars away? How many years bagging under the table?

GTFOH!!

Advertisement
Prove it is your response???

There are hundreds of FBI wire taps on the basketball side regarding Arizona and other colleges and nothing has been done about it.

Saban isn’t lying about Jimbo but he sure as **** is just, if not more, dirtier than Jimbo. He has a whole state that covers for him.

How many years giving cars away? How many years bagging under the table?

GTFOH!!
@TUSKtimes we’re not saying Bama and UGA are the only ones who are dirty. Most of the big schools have some level of dirt on their hands. But what we are saying is what we have said on here before NIL came out - it’s something @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can be found saying on here 2 years ago with me agreeing with him and this is something that fans of schools like yours and Florida seem to misunderstand, both institutionally and booster-wise…

Miami as a school was never a poor broke *** place. It was cheap as an institution when it came to athletics.

Miami as a booster network was never broke *** fanboys - we have zillionaire fans.

What Miami didn’t have is the will or mentality, institutionally or booster-wise, to compete with any of the bag powers. I can tell you from firsthand relationships that our REAL money people were never doing dirt under the table. They don’t have the same will and priorities as your money people. Now… make it legal - and that changed everything.

You won’t compete dollar for dollar with Miami, USC or aTm or schools like SMU, Northwestern, Stanford, Cal… any of them - **** we can’t either - if they want to run things in a legal race.

I guess. This is a thread about Bama and their pending DOOM! DOOM! D O O M! (say that in booming voice).

If Tuskywusky is a ********* and wants to see Saban lick taint, who are we to judge his humiliation kink?

Now, Tuskywusky starts with Roll Tide Roll in other threads, we are going to need a clean up on aisle 3.
It’s all fun & games about how Bama is gonna die now until Saban finds some company in New York City or some place like that for NIL opportunities for his players.

Otherwise, I can’t see how they compete with USC, Texas, A&M, Miami, etc for NIL.

Hyperbole doesn't change the cold hard facts. No point in hating the messenger because of the message. NIL is unsustainable in its present form. That point has been made by the media, sports fans, head coaches on many occasions and in numerous articles. When the most influential of voices are saying it, it gets noticed. The feds haven't moved, the NCAA is paralyzed, per usual, and kids are getting straight payments from boosters to go to certain schools. I have no problem with coach Saban moving the needle.
A Bama fan complaining about players getting straight payments from boosters. The most ridiculous form of hypocrisy I’ve seen in my whole life. NIL is literally happening because of Saban’s cheating *** and his butt buddy Emmert making him Teflon. If you can’t see that then you’re either blind or just don’t care to. Saban is not a god. He’s won as much as he has because he cheats and plays by different rules. Period.

Advertisement
I've said this from day 1.

IF NIL keeps on this track, and IF some schools in larger economic regions want to play, it is very possible Texas, TAMU, SMU, TCU, USC, UCLA, UNC, Miami, Rutgers, Maryland become much more competitive in the years ahead than the years behind. Even Vanderbilt could become a force.

Schools like Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Coastal Carolina, etc will struggle to keep up. They'll need for more singular big whale donor support.

That's why we will likely see some sort of salary cap + collective bargaining Frankenstein eventually come to CFB (or successor league). Curious how they will work through 17 year olds. Anyone know how employment of child actors is done??
You mean how college football has become right now with talent only at schools like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU? And scraps being passed around by a bunch of teams who wish they could?

This will never turn into a salary cap because NIL isn’t meant to make money off on field performance… if businesses which was the entire point of this whole thing keep making good money off the marketing angle of say TVD driving around a BMW from that particular dealership then we will see deals always stacking for the starting QB at Miami…. If businesses get burned with let’s say Quinn Ewyers who flopped at OSU and remains to be see at Texas you’ll see a lot of top money slow down

@TUSKtimes we’re not saying Bama and UGA are the only ones who are dirty. Most of the big schools have some level of dirt on their hands. But what we are saying is what we have said on here before NIL came out - it’s something @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can be found saying on here 2 years ago with me agreeing with him and this is something that fans of schools like yours and Florida seem to misunderstand, both institutionally and booster-wise…

Miami as a school was never a poor broke *** place. It was cheap as an institution when it came to athletics.

Miami as a booster network was never broke *** fanboys - we have zillionaire fans.

What Miami didn’t have is the will or mentality, institutionally or booster-wise, to compete with any of the bag powers. I can tell you from firsthand relationships that our REAL money people were never doing dirt under the table. They don’t have the same will and priorities as your money people. Now… make it legal - and that changed everything.

You won’t compete dollar for dollar with Miami, USC or aTm or schools like SMU, Northwestern, Stanford, Cal… any of them - **** we can’t either - if they want to run things in a legal race.
I will admit, I was in the "Miami doesn't have as much $$$ as the big boys" camp.

Pleasantly surprised I was wrong.

Question: Is John Ruiz a part of the solution or is he the solution?

His support has been great it appears, but our Canes can't be wholly dependent on a single source.

BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine. I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal. As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"? The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."

Of course, they are.
And? Why am I supposed to care?

Advertisement
In my opinion he insulted our intelligence multiple times over. But if the board wants a reprieve, who am I to stand in the way?

I’m trying to figure out the psychology of someone saying what he did, obviously I can’t see his face while he says it, does he actually think that we believe that he actually thinks that?

Because nobody thinks that.

Not even Alabama fans with lukewarm IQs think that.

It’s the worst kept secret in the world that Alabama has been throwing money around like drunk sailors, paying players illegally under the table and inducing tax fraud, since Saban got there. And doing so in a way to create an incredible competitive advantage versus the vast majority of P5 football, with only other big bag schools like Ohio State, Georgia or LSU closely approaching them.

Advertisement
8D191A19-676B-4F8F-BBF9-F0E1569D5C6C.jpeg

For those who follow Gator Tears. This is probably what the gaytor coaches understanding of the situation here with Saban is and what triggered it fwiw.

@TheOriginalCane

Of course, they are.
Alabama is the ******** of the United States

@TUSKtimes I think the argument you are making is fair but when you dismiss the “bag” aspect it seems disingenuous or uninformed. It’s been a part of recruiting for a long time. Period. Maybe there is plausible deniability on Saban’s end but point remains.. Then again, so does yours.. Bags didn’t wins all those games. A ton of hard work, discipline & coaching did. NIL is not perfect but change was needed.. and obviously further adjustments will have to be made.

Advertisement
Back