SIAP: Hunter Knighton Returns

Sandman211

Junior
I searched but couldn't find if this has already been posted...

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Perhaps the most-anticipated element of Miami's spring game came an hour before play started, when the Hurricanes unveiled four new uniform designs.

Hunter Knighton plans to be in them.

The offensive lineman released a statement Saturday detailing the severity of his illness this winter, and insisting he plans continue playing at Miami. Knighton revealed he suffered heatstroke after a workout on Feb. 24, plus experienced brain swelling, multiple seizures, kidney failure and liver failure -- while fighting the flu and double pneumonia.

It all forced him to spend nearly two weeks in intensive care.

"I fought one of the greatest battles of my life. ... I am so close to achieving my childhood goal of playing Division I football and I am determined to make it happen," Knighton said.

As a private school, Miami was forced to remain tight-lipped throughout Knighton's illness, releasing very little information at the family's behest. Miami coach Al Golden said Saturday that Knighton was emerging into a leader and one of Miami's top linemen when he was stricken.

"Since he first began the recovery process, Hunter has been nothing short of amazing and has been an inspiration to us all, approaching his rehab program with courage and fortitude," Golden said. "I have absolutely no doubt that Hunter will continue to persevere, make a full recovery, rejoin his teammates and realize all of his goals at `The U."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10773791/hunter-knighton-miami-hurricanes-plans-continue-football-career?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good for him. We need healthy linemen.

I searched but couldn't find if this has already been posted...

As a private school, Miami was forced to remain tight-lipped throughout Knighton's illness, releasing very little information at the family's behest. Miami coach Al Golden said Saturday that Knighton was emerging into a leader and one of Miami's top linemen when he was stricken.

Reporter is making **** up. Being a private school is not the reason for nondisclosure. Laws of health information protection and student information protection govern here.

Good to see. I've mentioned it a few times but there were a couple of well respected recruiting guys up north that were really congratulatory on this pick up for us. Said he will be a major steal. Now he has suffered quite a few set backs but having him back would be great.

Advertisement
Really good kid, nice too. I saw him today with his mom and I believe Brennan. He is working to get back. Minute he steps on the field people should roar!

Advertisement
Since it is evident he showed toughness and will to fight through a life threatening crisis, he no doubt carries the same attitude toward his other endeavors including the football field. Good to have him back, and I hope much health to him.

Advertisement
get me in the red then.

i tip my hat to all the mods of this site for making your lives difficult, i would have taken the post i made back if i could just to save you the hassle.

was trying to express an opinion. clearly an unpopular opinion.

nonetheless, i don't apologize for stating what i think. i'm a canes fan, i have my opinion. y'all need to get over it.

i have no interest in causing trouble. you guys need to grow up and respect different opinions on things. Not everyone follows the pack mentality.

Advertisement
Back