SIAP: Browns Moving Duke to WR?

Advertisement
I wished Duke was used more as a RB but I can see him being really successful at WR. Duke had 61 and 53 catches w/ 500+ yards each his first 2 years so my guess would be if they commit him to strictly WR he could get get 80+ balls and play 100% of the time instead of every other play. They could also throw a lot of bubble to get him in space and run reverses because he can get people to miss in the open field. So I actually like the idea.. anything it takes to succeed because he has the talent to.

Besides, honestly, how good can he really be at RB behind the Browns OL?

Advertisement
The Browns just make things worse.

That place is horrible

[video=youtube_share;ysmLA5TqbIY]https://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY[/video]

Youtube is blocked at work and I still knew immediately what video that was, lol.

Lol. A friend of mine showed me This video a few years back. It gets funnier every time I watch it.

The Browns just make things worse.

That place is horrible

Youtube is blocked at work and I still knew immediately what video that was, lol.

Lol. A friend of mine showed me This video a few years back. It gets funnier every time I watch it.

second one is better just cuz the end..............where not Detroit kills me everytime especially when he bring it back to close it lol

I wished Duke was used more as a RB but I can see him being really successful at WR. Duke had 61 and 53 catches w/ 500+ yards each his first 2 years so my guess would be if they commit him to strictly WR he could get get 80+ balls and play 100% of the time instead of every other play. They could also throw a lot of bubble to get him in space and run reverses because he can get people to miss in the open field. So I actually like the idea.. anything it takes to succeed because he has the talent to.

Besides, honestly, how good can he really be at RB behind the Browns OL?

He had a 4.9 average per carry last year which is elite but he only got like 80 carries. He caught a lot of passes though

Advertisement
The only bright spot in Cleveland is Cleveland Clinic. So it is a good spot to visit, when you're sick lol

Advertisement
I still remember when people would defend Golden's misuse of Duke while he was here. The kid was a great receiver, and they rarely threw him the ball.

That video is hilarious and very true as a lifelong Clevelander lol. Just too bad the footage is extremely old and outdated. If Ur downtown in any city at 6am you will get similar footage. Our downtown has been horrible since the 80's but it's changed dramatically in the last 5 years. The city is actually beginning to look much better and I've noticed it is extremely difficult to get around town midday, which is very unusual and a sign that people are actually coming back??? There are a couple new large pet stores and grocery stores downtown...very odd and weird sights, which mean someone is moving down there with pets and in need of food. When Cleveland was chosen to host the " G@y Games" about 4 years ago I knew it was being earmarked for economic support and gentrification of the near downtown area. Low and behold, it has. The near outskirts are fully gentrified and now have bike lanes, dog parks, bistro this and that restaurants, and g@y flags are posted. So yall Cleveland haters can come visit now since you'll have something (some dude) to do.

If U believe that Cleveland doesn't have very nice neighborhoods like Shaker, Cleveland Heights, Pepper Pike, Westlake, Solon, Bay Village etc, then U are an idiot bottom feeder who plays video games on the easiest level and saves your scores to brag in geek forums.

Being a Clevelander and unfortunately privy to Browns games every weekend on TV, Duke at WR is a great move for him fulltime. His talent was being wasted at rb and he has been unstoppable in the slot. Bone head Browns coaches routinely use him there in the 1st quarters with much success but refuse to target him at any time for the rest of games. It's mind-boggling!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Browns coaches assume that DCs will adjust and stop Duke's packages as a RB and most of time they eventually do. But the Browns never make DCs actually prove they can stop Duke at slot WR, and I've never seen it happen yet.

That place is horrible

second one is better just cuz the end..............where not Detroit kills me everytime especially when he bring it back to close it lol

Agreed. My wife is from Detroit and even she falls out laughing at the end.

I think one of the best parts is at the very beginning of the second video. It's subtle, but absolutely hilarious. The song begins with "Still Cleveland". Almost to suggest that the first video was supposed to embarrass city officials in Cleveland so much, that they would make changes to improve the city. "Still Cleveland" is the artist way of saying the first attempt failed. LMAO. That **** is funny as ****!

Agreed. My wife is from Detroit and even she falls out laughing at the end.

I think one of the best parts is at the very beginning of the second video. It's subtle, but absolutely hilarious. The song begins with "Still Cleveland". Almost to suggest that the first video was supposed to embarrass city officials in Cleveland so much, that they would make changes to improve the city. "Still Cleveland" is the artist way of saying the first attempt failed. LMAO. That **** is funny as ****!

watching the second one now just for laughs

Probably better for him at least to the point where it will extend his career.
You figure When his rookie contract runs out he can get with a REAL team with REAL Olinemen and wont have his body beaten up too bad.

I'm happy for the kid.

Advertisement
Back