SIAP Brad Kaya

Jax Cane

Junior
Didn't see anyone post up but BK won the Skill competition. BK was throwing darts! Give the kid time and he will kill it

Advertisement
If they had a tackling dummy in an FSU jersey standing in front of him he would have sacked himself.

Saw that. He won that competition easily. Very accurate but that was with no one in his face. Regardless, he got some attention and it may help him draft wise

He was probably a 3rd rounder before, but now with the skills competition win, I'd more likely peg him as a 3rd rounder

Advertisement
Yeah, Kaaya's problem is that he gets completely rattled under pressure. An immobile QB playing behind our o-line was a bad combination. He was actually pretty good for us when he had time to set up but the moment the pocket collapsed he was done. In any event, congrats to him for winning the accuracy competition. I hope he does well in the NFL.

If Kaaya can perform well under pressure and become a little more mobile in the pocket, he'll be a starting QB in the NFL. But that is a big if. Everyone performs worse under pressure (Its how you beat Brady), but you can't completely fall apart.

I really do hope he improves, but he's going to need NFL coaching. I don't expect him to be a 1st rounder.

He's always been great with no pass rush.

Luckily for him he won't have players going at him trying to sack him in the NFL....

If Kaaya can perform well under pressure and become a little more mobile in the pocket, he'll be a starting QB in the NFL. But that is a big if. Everyone performs worse under pressure (Its how you beat Brady), but you can't completely fall apart.

I really do hope he improves, but he's going to need NFL coaching. I don't expect him to be a 1st rounder.

Really it depends less on his ability and more on the amount of teams needing a QB. I could see him going in the first. This SC accomplishment alone would be his best argument.

Advertisement

Really it depends less on his ability and more on the amount of teams needing a QB. I could see him going in the first. This SC accomplishment alone would be his best argument.

Not a chance he goes in the 1st. With Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer....and **** even that Pitt QB Peterman has been getting a lot of buzz lately. If I were a GM I'd probably have him as the 3rd or 4th on the board (either above or below Kizer).
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers got Jay Cutler and the Bears trade for Garoppollo.
Then I'd say Jets and Browns are the only teams likely to take a QB in round 1. Maybe the Bills if they stupidly decide to move on from Tyrod. But I could see 49ers, Jags, Chargers, Saints, and Cardinals all getting a qb in the 2nd-4th rounds...I think Kaaya goes to one of these teams in the 2nd. 3rd if he has a bad proday/combine.

Put him on that Pats roster with teaching from Belicheck and he will be fine

It was never his throwing ability that was a problem it was his awareness and reading the field, he had horrible pocket presence and would not scan the field well that has been his issue since his first start

Advertisement
I'm rooting for him.

With solid coaching, including drastic improvement in sliding around the pocket, he can play.

I don't get it, but some of you seem to be rooting against him. If he does well it can only help our team in the long run.

I'm rooting for him.

With solid coaching, including drastic improvement in sliding around the pocket, he can play.

I don't get it, but some of you seem to be rooting against him. If he does well it can only help our team in the long run.

I'm not rooting against him or for him. I don't want him to Fail I just don't think he's good enough. But I won't be rooting for him bc of his "I dont like to be yelled at soft *** personality and attitude.

Advertisement
I hope im wrong as **** and he does well, but I just dont see it. No pocket awareness, no leadership. Some team will take a chance, but I wouldnt touch him. I feel pretty confident saying AQM, Carter, Jenkins, Colbert, and obviously Njoku and Corn will have better careers. Were slowly putting talent back in the league. Corn and Njoku are going to dominate. I think Carter slides down to line backer and makes a name for himself. Jenkins and Colbert both have me real intrigued. AQM has all the athletic ability and natural talent Vernon had. Due to scheme and awful coaching, we never got a chance to see it. He would have dominated this year under Kool. Long as his heads in it, he can have a long career.

Advertisement
Back