SIAP - Blue Chip Ratio For 2023

Advertisement
There is definitely diminishing returns after a certain point. You can only play so many guys. I think the reality is, can you fill your starters with blue chip players and can you back up those starters with blue chip players. That's 44 players and that's your ~50% ratio. Now national championship success seems to be in the 70% range and that's probably due to injuries and evaluation misses. Add 15 more players to cover that and you're at 70%. Miami has been 65% the last two combine cycles. You're talking about 3 or 4 more blue chips per cycle to get into that magic range.

And coaching clearly matters given the list.

You don’t understand? I’m not a nope by any means but we haven’t done anything to prove otherwise with past talent we’ve had.

I feel the talent is and has been apparent… but those who’ve watched us saw a culture issue, scheme issues, execution issues and “a development of said talent” issue.

The MTSU game last year is a great example of that… who had more talent on their roster? Was the talent level even close? There were bunch of other things at play which led to that embarrassment and lack of talent wasn’t one of them.
I understand this. We’re probably spending triple what we’ve ever paid for coaching.

With that alone, higher expectations are demanded. As they should be.

Looking backwards at prior results makes no sense. If it does, we’re just wasting money.

Advertisement
I understand this. We’re probably spending triple what we’ve ever paid for coaching.

With that alone, higher expectations are demanded. As they should be.

Looking backwards at prior results makes no sense. If it does, we’re just wasting money.
I think you have to though… predicting wins and losses is a lot like gambling. You have to remove your feelings from it, not what you want the team to do but what they’ve shown they are capable accomplishing. The roster and coaches.

Let’s discuss; what are your thoughts?

View attachment 241007
This team has no talent!
laughter laughing GIF

If you're factoring in recruiting classes and transfer, we have an average of 57% BCR.

Just looking at the 2 deep and betting on upgrades at coordinators, this team should win 8 games minimum, barring injuries.

Mario & Co. added transfers at every position of need where the starters weren't as good as they should've been or left for the draft. In addition to the quality of starters we already had, and the influx of freshmen who seem poised to make an immediate impact.

I know the last time we saw this team, we went 5-7, and that ******* sucks lol but the depth chart is A LOT better than it was last year imo, and Mario seems to have made upgraded hires at coordinators and position coaches as well.

This team will win 8 games. I'd bet on 9 games.

Advertisement
All of that means very little if you don’t have a good QB. And having talent and a good QB means even less, if you don’t have an offensive system that is tailor made for your personnel.

Advertisement
Back