SIAP: 2 Auburn CB verbals

Advertisement
That’s what a lot people said when he left to Oregon.

Details of Mario's contract extension with Oregon have already surfaced on social media. He's staying put. Despite the Mario lovefest from some Auburn fans, AU insiders have been saying for a while that Mario to AU was not going to happen.

Dawson has the athleticism n speed we need on the backend. Both Curtis and Dawson have elite speed. It would be a great pull.

Speed and ball skills. Something we lack right now (outside of Clarke who is in the same mold). It sucks not bringing in that 6-1, NFL type CB but if we end up with Dawson, Curtis, and a portal guy who can contribute day 1, that's not a bad haul. We still need to make changes but at least that gets the numbers at the position up to a respectable amount.

Advertisement
Speed and ball skills. Something we lack right now (outside of Clarke who is in the same mold). It sucks not bringing in that 6-1, NFL type CB but if we end up with Dawson, Curtis, and a portal guy who can contribute day 1, that's not a bad haul. We still need to make changes but at least that gets the numbers at the position up to a respectable amount.
On Clarkes INT you could tell we hit on something. He was smooth and relaxed and made a difficult play look easy. Idc about the "NFL prototype" anymore. In the hunt to find the next Richard Sherman, we've missed out on several Terrell Buckleys. 2 from broward alone this cycle.

On a side note Dawsons PR in a 100 meters is 10.58, atleast thats what it said on a track website I saw. Now idk **** about track so I looked how that number might translate to a 40 yard dash. With his numbers easy easily runs a sub 4.4. In fact that number was better than DVDs 100 meter number and DVD ran a 4.26 40.

Details of Mario's contract extension with Oregon have already surfaced on social media. He's staying put. Despite the Mario lovefest from some Auburn fans, AU insiders have been saying for a while that Mario to AU was not going to happen.
Has he signed it?

They’re gonna get Mario

Mario is getting an extension with Oregon.

Doesnt mean anything until he agrees and signs though

Spoke to my Auburn buddy and he says they could have had Mario but President wants committee and interviews. Alums wanted Mario and theyre ****ed.

Advertisement
Mario is getting an extension with Oregon.

Doesnt mean anything until he agrees and signs though

Spoke to my Auburn buddy and he says they could have had Mario but President wants committee and interviews. Alums wanted Mario and theyre ****ed.
I feel like I'm going mad.

What's so attractive about Mario Cristobal? Am I missing something obvious?

On Clarkes INT you could tell we hit on something. He was smooth and relaxed and made a difficult play look easy. Idc about the "NFL prototype" anymore. In the hunt to find the next Richard Sherman, we've missed out on several Terrell Buckleys. 2 from broward alone this cycle.

On a side note Dawsons PR in a 100 meters is 10.58, atleast thats what it said on a track website I saw. Now idk **** about track so I looked how that number might translate to a 40 yard dash. With his numbers easy easily runs a sub 4.4. In fact that number was better than DVDs 100 meter number and DVD ran a 4.26 40.

I'm over the NFL/5 Star type CBs as well who are going to get bagged anyway. We might as well find the guys that can be productive at the college level. I was thinking this the other day that the trend for college offenses is to get the best athletes you can, put them at WR, and then air it out to them. How do you counter that?

There's only so many Patrick Surtains out there but what if you took the fastest guys you can find and say "hey, just go out there and cover them" to help counter that? You teach them technique along the way and they would need to be able to handle the defensive mindset but you aren't going to stop modern day college offenses (the good ones) with Blades and Ivey types covering Waddle, Devonta Smith, Olave, etc. Just a thought but maybe we can be ahead of the curve with guys like Clarke, Curtis, and Dawson who could be 2-way guys at the next level having them focus at CB.

OT: Crazy to think Mallory ran a 11.00 100 coming out of High school at 230 pounds.

Advertisement
I'm over the NFL/5 Star type CBs as well who are going to get bagged anyway. We might as well find the guys that can be productive at the college level. I was thinking this the other day that the trend for college offenses is to get the best athletes you can, put them at WR, and then air it out to them. How do you counter that?

There's only so many Patrick Surtains out there but what if you took the fastest guys you can find and say "hey, just go out there and cover them" to help counter that? You teach them technique along the way and they would need to be able to handle the defensive mindset but you aren't going to stop modern day college offenses (the good ones) with Blades and Ivey types covering Waddle, Devonta Smith, Olave, etc. Just a thought but maybe we can be ahead of the curve with guys like Clarke, Curtis, and Dawson who could be 2-way guys at the next level having them focus at CB.
Take some fast WR and convert them into corners : it worked with Sam Shields : enough of this tactic that they have to be big and can tackle : if you got guys that can cover one on one, you would be able to release your safeties to be more creative :

He only played our first 2 games at CB last year.
We moved him to Safety after that. He's been much better in that spot. I move him around, drop him in the box, blitz him, use him to spy, use him to bracket stud WR's, etc etc etc.

He's definitely not a CB. Physically he can do it, but mentally it's not where he fits.
So you're saying he's not being coached up then? Since getting a kids head right is the coaches job?

Advertisement
Like thought so...Mario agent probably sold that more so to get that extension. Highly doubt he was high on their list. He would be fired at Auburn in under 3 years.

Advertisement
Back