SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

NCAA isn't going to laugh because every court in the country agrees that basically everything the NCAA does is illegal and violates players rights. Ncaa has taken much deserved L after L in court. A couple months ago the DOJ, for the first time, joined an anti trust class action lawsuit that challenged the transfer rule saying it is an illegal restraint on college athletes’ ability to sell their name, image and likeness and control their education. The players will win the anti trust lawsuit.

The same argument applies here. It is an illegal restraint for the NCAA to have a rule that a player who simply attempts to capitalize on his present market value by trying to become a professional is required to give up all future NIL possibilities and his college scholarship. Whether the player makes the decision or not is irrelevant, a player who does not get drafted (meaning he has no minimum guaranteed contract through the NFLs collective bargaining and has received no professional compensation ) should not prevented from returning to school.

And again, the fact the ncaa currently allows players from another revenue sport, basketball, to go through the draft and return to college (and get NIL deals) if they don't get drafted means the ncaa can't even try to claim that the rule for college football players is meant to preserve amateur status. 100% guarantee the courts would say the NCAAs rule preventing undrafted football players from returning is an illegal restraint.
I don't disagree. Eligibility, however, is definitely a potential area they could be responsible for.

Advertisement
But CIS told me they weren’t projected first rounders and had no shot going that high
Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Advertisement
They read this board who kept saying they are 5 stars and top rd talents blah blah blah blah

LT is lazy. It wouldn’t have mattered if he came back.

Williams could’ve used one more year. I think he makes a roster cause he seems to truly love football he just is a bonehead. NFL sees all those penalties on tape he creates
Did cohen have another year left ?

Jw talked tough in Twitter. Clearly teams don’t see a dire need for an oversized safety who blows coverages and specializes in personal fouls.
I disagree bring him in on players like Allen and Mohomes and destroy them . Head shot out the game knocking out your opponents

Advertisement
Our kids get bad coaching, bad advice, bad draft prep year after the year. Yeah, it’s on them, but it makes the program look awful. Fandom aside, if you had a local 5 star as your kid, how could you send them to Miami aside from just not wanting to drive far for games? What evidence of development is there anywhere?

These kids cost themselves millions by coming here and by leaving too soon. It’s an unavoidable fact that everybody has been dancing around. James Williams played the wrong position for 3 years because we were too afraid that he’d transfer to a better program to give him a hard truth.

Advertisement
Our kids get bad coaching, bad advice, bad draft prep year after the year. Yeah, it’s on them, but it makes the program look awful. Fandom aside, if you had a local 5 star as your kid, how could you send them to Miami aside from just not wanting to drive far for games? What evidence of development is there anywhere?

These kids cost themselves millions by coming here and by leaving too soon. It’s an unavoidable fact that everybody has been dancing around. James Williams played the wrong position for 3 years because we were too afraid that he’d transfer to a better program to give him a hard truth.

The draft prep is on them and their agent but clearly they are getting bamboozled to workout with someone who doesn’t know ****. Their testing was awful!!!

Yes this is not a good luck for the program and continues to put doubt out there for top players to come to Miami. Mario has a lot of **** to fix from 20 years of garage. It’s a lot and I’m not sure any coach is up for that challenge

Advertisement
Onlk Kitchesn in 4th...so sad.....and 2 of the guys were 5 start projected out of HS...something wrong with developing players here.

One last thing before I tune in for the Heat game…. Why do the south Florida kids who come to Miami always turn out this way verse south Florida kids that leave?

It all can’t be coaching. Is it a problem with them staying home around the vulture that pimp them since they were kids? Is it a focus issue staying home in Miami. It really is wild

Advertisement
Back