SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Perhaps the Cane Collective can do some litigation financing and agree to pay for the lawsuit of UDFAs against the NCAA to be able to go back to college (and get more NIL which is worth more than the UDFA salary). In exchange they get a percentage of the salary if/when the player gets drafted higher the following year as a result of returning to college.

I would happily donate to the collective to take on the NCAA. I think it's a lock that the courts would decide it is an unfair restriction on trade for the ncaa to prevent a player from returning to college and getting NIL that could be far higher than an UDFA salary, simply because he applied for a professional job (and hasn't received even a dime from a NFL team).

Especially when they’re counterparts in College Basketball can test the waters and come back

Advertisement
All we ever hear on here is how much more talent Miami has than their schedule, yet they can't win games on Saturdays. Always a coaching problem. I have said it thousands of times over the last decade. The players coming in give 2 ***** about winning games at Miami. They just think wearing the uniform is their lottery ticket and they keep getting proven wrong.

Especially when they’re counterparts in College Basketball can test the waters and come back

You inspired me to a better idea for litigation financing.

We've got plenty of lawyers here. Canes Collective should file a class action lawsuit against the ncaa. Class members are all current and former players across college football that were UDFAs and not allowed to return to college.

Damages sought for
1. Lost wages from NIL that they could have received if they had stayed in college
2. Lost wages due to not being given an opportunity to improve draft stock.
3. Denial of an education simply because they applied for a professional job.

Currently a college player loses his scholarship just because he declares for the draft. And without a scholarship, he can't afford the education. All because he tried to get drafted. That is patently absurd, especially as it doesn't apply to college basketball.

I say it's 99.9% certain that the players would win the class action, ncaa it is f*cked and would try to settle out of court ( I'd laugh in their face and say, "There will be no deals today.") Ideally this could force the NCAA into bankruptcy and permanently kill that corrupt farce of an organization. We could then take the money won in the lawsuit to put millions into NIL, get the best team money can buy, and win #6.

I'll even front the money for the court filings (don't tell my wife)

I stick to my argument that until Mario came along, we never really got any real top recruits out of high school.

We got the five and four stars that no one else REALLY wanted. Under Manny, any guy that Bama OSU or UGA wanted they got. We got the scraps. Attitude problems, work ethic problems, speed problems, size problems, etc…

We've got plenty of lawyers here. Canes Collective should file a class action lawsuit against the ncaa. Class members are all current and former players across college football that were UDFAs and not allowed to return to college.

Damages sought for
1. Lost wages from NIL that they could have received if they had stayed in college

Currently a college player loses his scholarship just because he declares for the draft. And without a scholarship, he can't afford the education. All because he tried to get drafted. That is patently absurd, especially as it doesn't apply to college basketball.

I say it's 99.9% certain that the players would win the class action, ncaa it is f*cked and would try to settle out of court ( I'd laugh in their face and say, "There will be no deals today.") Ideally this could force the NCAA into bankruptcy and permanently kill that corrupt farce of an organization. We could then take the money won in the lawsuit to put millions into NIL, get the best team money can buy, and win #6.

How about just stop watching your former teammates every year get promised the moon and then leave way too soon. Learn at least something while in college instead of chasing bags.

Advertisement
How about just stop watching your former teammates every year get promised the moon and then leave way too soon. Learn at least something while in college instead of chasing bags.

I can't fault a kid for trying to make money. All it takes is one team to take a chance. I just think it's fundamentally wrong (and an unreasonable restriction in trade) that a player who doesn't get drafted can't go back to college. No one would be agree that a kid on a music scholarship should get his scholarship revoked because he tried out for a professional orchestra.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can't fault a kid for trying to make money. All it takes is one team to take a chance. I just think it's fundamentally wrong (and an unreasonable restriction in trade) that a player who doesn't get drafted can't go back to college. No one would be agree that la kid on a music scholarship should get his scholarship revoked because he tried out for a professional orchestra.
He won’t last. He doesn’t love football enough. He really lacks hunger

Damages sought for

I believe this is what got Reggie Bush his HT back……

What? Why? I hope he gets drafted in the 2nd round. I don't think in a million years that will happen, but I still hope he's drafted, even if it's in the later rounds. I get it, LT is a bit overrated on here by some and he never lived up to his 5 star hype, but I wish him success after he leaves us.
You wonder who mentors these children who in there right mind tells LT yeah your NFL .
Then LT says yeah I’m NFL while 95 % tells him stay and train like Restrepo and become NFL .
I wonder what his Rap agent is saying now in not telling LT NO sorry it is in your best interest to stay and mature , but NO your NFL go for the gold , remember my cut.

Sad story now LT will be sentenced to our life of working as FREE LUNCH is history.

It should have NEVER happened, welcome to the adult world

Congrats Kam! He is what you want in a football player. Stayed home, became all ACC and All American, and got drafted fairly high. He does work in community, just a good overall Miami football student athlete! We could use more Kam Kinchens in the program.

He is limited physically somewhat, or he would have gone higher.

Advertisement
I hate it for James Williams we could have really used him.

Leonard Taylor was gone regardless but I still don’t think he plays more than 2 seasons in the NFL.

I hate it for James Williams we could have really used him.

Leonard Taylor was gone regardless but I still don’t think he plays more than 2 seasons in the NFL.
JW will play in NFL he brings NFL caliber hitting that every teams wants he’s proven this .
But yes one more year would have him and us more dangerous.

LT , I really feel he would have had issues even starting here next year no motor at all.

Look at the Dolphins #1 pick a pure ROCKET MOTOR relentlessly a BEAST .

You have to bring something that the NFL needs and looks for , tell me if LT checks any box at all.

A true mentor would tell LT the things I just said then challenge LT to comeback and be transformed to an NFL player.

But NO my PRIDE tells me I’m NFL so I’m NFL.

Advertisement
Pumped for Kam! Love seeing guys who care for UM and left it all on the field realize their dreams. LT went from a mid to late 1st round pick to who the **** knows. This isn't even a loaded defensive line group or anything. He should have came back motivated and with a changed attitude but it is what it is. Hope he figures it out.

Congrats Kam! He is what you want in a football player. Stayed home, became all ACC and All American, and got drafted fairly high. He does work in community, just a good overall Miami football student athlete! We could use more Kam Kinchens in the program.

He is limited physically somewhat, or he would have gone higher.
Agree on all accounts except that last line. I think his tape hurt him more than limited physicals…case in point was the draft show talking about the Ga. Tech game when Kam was selected. For as often as Kam gambled and got a pick, his gambles led to TDs, extended drives, and in the case of Ga. Tech losses.

I don’t think if Kam had a clean tape that he’d be a first rounder, but definitely would have found himself in the 2nd round (more money).

JW and LT had no business declaring. They needed to show more on tape. This is a weak DT class and LT will be lucky to be selected in the 4th round.

Advertisement
Back