SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Effing Bears. They keep winning these stupid meaningless games and are gonna fall out of the Top 10.

I mean it would be cool to bump up Fields trade value by making him look good in the passing game but naw let’s run it 40-45 times a games and beat up on Arizona and Minnesota.

Could have had Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr, and a couple of 2nds for Fields.

Effing Bears. They keep winning these stupid meaningless games and are gonna fall out of the Top 10.

I mean it would be cool to bump up Fields trade value by making him look good in the passing game but naw let’s run it 40-45 times a games and beat up on Arizona and Minnesota.

Could have had Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr, and a couple of 2nds for Fields.

Worst ran franchise & it’s not particularly close. They love being in that 6-7 win bracket where it’s just enough to keep a dangling carrot out there for hope, which keeps coaches & players around way too long, and knock u out of the top 10 draft position, which tricks off other round picks, as well.

The Bears r fine being mediocre; ****, **** near every Chicago team does this. Win just enough to either just miss or make the playoffs as a bottom team, which f’s up ur draft position to build.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But CIS told me they weren’t projected first rounders and had no shot going that high

Sports Illustrated was just called out in the press for using AI to generate articles. They've fallen very very far from their position as the per-Internet sport authority 25-30 years ago. So let's not get carried away.

Kam and LT are amazing. I'm a fan of both. If they go in the first round, I'll be ecstatic for them. But also surprised. Let's at least wait for the combine before forming strong opinions either way.

I don't think that's being a mope. Actually, the most humiliating situation is when a kid thinks he's going first round and drops to low second or even third, because pre-draft analysts and supporters pumped him up unrealistically.

Sports Illustrated was just called out in the press for using AI to generate articles. They've fallen very very far from their position as the per-Internet sport authority 25-30 years ago. So let's not get carried away.

Kam and LT are amazing. I'm a fan of both. If they go in the first round, I'll be ecstatic for them. But also surprised. Let's at least wait for the combine before forming strong opinions either way.

I don't think that's being a mope. Actually, the most humiliating situation is when a kid thinks he's going first round and drops to low second or even third, because pre-draft analysts and supporters pumped him up unrealistically.
And how does AI work?

Mope or no mope, I'm not buying LT as a first rounder. Doesn't mean it will or will not happen. I got crushed on some posts on this topic earlier this season, so I'll be a little more careful with the descriptors I use, but it didn't change my basic outlook on him. He takes far too many plays off to be a first rounder (or even a second rounder) in my opinion. Just to clarify my credentials in making that assessment, I've never worked as an NFL scout, nor at any level for that matter. I'm a fan, I know LOS play fairly well and I know when guys take plays off. I also know when they get pancaked and/or manhandled. For those of you looking to attack me, you're welcome in advance for the info I gave you to use like rotten fruit at a Renassaince-era revolution. Thing is, I'm not rooting against him. Also, I'm not the only one seeing it that way. Take this source however you like, but they have LT listed as the 15th best DT coming out and have him with a 3rd/4th round grade:

In particular, scroll down to LT and read the comments.

I'm not rooting against LT. I hope he and Kam both get taken HIGH in the first round. They are Canes and I will always pull for my fellow Canes (aside from the Soldier, but I don't think he needs a HAND pulling things). When "desire" is called into question, it's an issue.

Merry Christmas. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Mope or no mope, I'm not buying LT as a first rounder. Doesn't mean it will or will not happen. I got crushed on some posts on this topic earlier this season, so I'll be a little more careful with the descriptors I use, but it didn't change my basic outlook on him. He takes far too many plays off to be a first rounder (or even a second rounder) in my opinion. Just to clarify my credentials in making that assessment, I've never worked as an NFL scout, nor at any level for that matter. I'm a fan, I know LOS play fairly well and I know when guys take plays off. I also know when they get pancaked and/or manhandled. For those of you looking to attack me, you're welcome in advance for the info I gave you to use like rotten fruit at a Renassaince-era revolution. Thing is, I'm not rooting against him. Also, I'm not the only one seeing it that way. Take this source however you like, but they have LT listed as the 15th best DT coming out and have him with a 3rd/4th round grade:

In particular, scroll down to LT and read the comments.

I'm not rooting against LT. I hope he and Kam both get taken HIGH in the first round. They are Canes and I will always pull for my fellow Canes (aside from the Soldier, but I don't think he needs a HAND pulling things). When "desire" is called into question, it's an issue.

Merry Christmas. Go Canes!
I agree with everything you said, but there is going to be a team who thinks they can motivate him and get the most out of him. The agent who has a strong relationship with the team will sell them on some BS and the team will fall in love with his potential at a high value position. Will he be a success in the NFL…it’s up to him and his commitment on and off the field…..but some team is going to take the bait…happens multiple times a year at positions like DT, WR, and CB.

I agree with everything you said, but there is going to be a team who thinks they can motivate him and get the most out of him. The agent who has a strong relationship with the team will sell them on some BS and the team will fall in love with his potential at a high value position. Will he be a success in the NFL…it’s up to him and his commitment on and off the field…..but some team is going to take the bait…happens multiple times a year at positions like DT, WR, and CB.
I hear that. I watched Tim Tebow get taken in the first round. It only takes one dummy, er team, to think he's a first rounder.
Next to QBs and Edges, DTs might be the most coveted position.

Remember Marvin Austin? Went to UNC about 15 years ago. He was projected as a first rounder, left after three years, got picked in the second round by the Giants and lasted about 3 years before he washed out. Hate to say it, but I'm getting deja vu....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back