SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Advertisement
These kids have no idea of the intensity of the NFL , every move is tied to a $ , unless you’re aware of the world of the NFL you’re worthless in every sense of the word .

I asked Steve Alvers U and NFL alumni my mentor/ trainer coach in high school what is the NFL like.

Steve :
The speed is almost incomprehensible the hitting is just scary without remorse an intent to destroy always feeding constantly to make more money PERIOD.
The so called scout team backup play will absolutely knock you out to take your spot .

how a mediocre player like LT think he’s NFL is beyond me , these kids need a wake up call or some type of tough love.

Unemployment line is always minutes away in the NFL .

Agree on all accounts except that last line. I think his tape hurt him more than limited physicals…case in point was the draft show talking about the Ga. Tech game when Kam was selected. For as often as Kam gambled and got a pick, his gambles led to TDs, extended drives, and in the case of Ga. Tech losses.

I don’t think if Kam had a clean tape that he’d be a first rounder, but definitely would have found himself in the 2nd round (more money).

JW and LT had no business declaring. They needed to show more on tape. This is a weak DT class and LT will be lucky to be selected in the 4th round.
Both our safeties were gambling last year. Louisville’s coach didn’t out scheme the Cajun. Our safeties were blowing coverages. The same concepts that killed us couldn’t get 5 yards against FSU. Why, because their players just did their jobs within the defense.

Advertisement
Agree on all accounts except that last line. I think his tape hurt him more than limited physicals…case in point was the draft show talking about the Ga. Tech game when Kam was selected. For as often as Kam gambled and got a pick, his gambles led to TDs, extended drives, and in the case of Ga. Tech losses.

I don’t think if Kam had a clean tape that he’d be a first rounder, but definitely would have found himself in the 2nd round (more money).

JW and LT had no business declaring. They needed to show more on tape. This is a weak DT class and LT will be lucky to be selected in the 4th round.
If so, he’ll be a great lessen to others who might declare for the draft in the future.

I can't fault a kid for trying to make money. All it takes is one team to take a chance. I just think it's fundamentally wrong (and an unreasonable restriction in trade) that a player who doesn't get drafted can't go back to college. No one would be agree that a kid on a music scholarship should get his scholarship revoked because he tried out for a professional orchestra.
Every year we see underclassmen make stupid decisions. Even with poor grades, poor testing, NIL; nothing changes. Eventually they made their bed, time to sleep in it. Goodluck

Advertisement
You inspired me to a better idea for litigation financing.

We've got plenty of lawyers here. Canes Collective should file a class action lawsuit against the ncaa. Class members are all current and former players across college football that were UDFAs and not allowed to return to college.

Damages sought for
1. Lost wages from NIL that they could have received if they had stayed in college
2. Lost wages due to not being given an opportunity to improve draft stock.
3. Denial of an education simply because they applied for a professional job.

Currently a college player loses his scholarship just because he declares for the draft. And without a scholarship, he can't afford the education. All because he tried to get drafted. That is patently absurd, especially as it doesn't apply to college basketball.

I say it's 99.9% certain that the players would win the class action, ncaa it is f*cked and would try to settle out of court ( I'd laugh in their face and say, "There will be no deals today.") Ideally this could force the NCAA into bankruptcy and permanently kill that corrupt farce of an organization. We could then take the money won in the lawsuit to put millions into NIL, get the best team money can buy, and win #6.

I'll even front the money for the court filings (don't tell my wife)
#3 maybe... The first 2 are based on a decision by the player and the ncaa would laugh at you.

#3 maybe... The first 2 are based on a decision by the player and the ncaa would laugh at you.

NCAA isn't going to laugh because every court in the country agrees that basically everything the NCAA does is illegal and violates players rights. Ncaa has taken much deserved L after L in court. A couple months ago the DOJ, for the first time, joined an anti trust class action lawsuit that challenged the transfer rule saying it is an illegal restraint on college athletes’ ability to sell their name, image and likeness and control their education. The players will win the anti trust lawsuit.

The same argument applies here. It is an illegal restraint for the NCAA to have a rule that a player who simply attempts to capitalize on his present market value by trying to become a professional is required to give up all future NIL possibilities and his college scholarship. Whether the player makes the decision or not is irrelevant, a player who does not get drafted (meaning he has no minimum guaranteed contract through the NFLs collective bargaining and has received no professional compensation ) should not prevented from returning to school.

And again, the fact the ncaa currently allows players from another revenue sport, basketball, to go through the draft and return to college (and get NIL deals) if they don't get drafted means the ncaa can't even try to claim that the rule for college football players is meant to preserve amateur status. 100% guarantee the courts would say the NCAAs rule preventing undrafted football players from returning is an illegal restraint.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They were told everything they wanted to hear , if they didn’t get it they would ask ther entourage am I NFL ooooh yes your NFL good call that rapper agent I’ll sign .

Drew Rosenhaus said I’m NOT even close to being NFL ignore him , I’m NFL .
Some kids just want to leave and go to the league. Odd man. This has been a bad tendency for 15 years here.

Advertisement
I told ppl for 2 years LT wasn’t that good and got blasted. Called a hater etc…

One day you all will wake up and stop overvaluing these Miami players. The draft continues to tells us every year this team stinks.

I hate to see it go down this way but maybe one day everyone will wake up out of their 25 year slumber and realize this ain’t the early 2000’s in Coral gables.

I really hope Mario can turn it around and actually start getting top nfl talent on this roster. I said Taylor was a 5th rd and ppl kept saying 1st and 2nd haha wow.

Again why did Williams and taylor leave early again ?

They read this board who kept saying they are 5 stars and top rd talents blah blah blah blah

LT is lazy. It wouldn’t have mattered if he came back.

Williams could’ve used one more year. I think he makes a roster cause he seems to truly love football he just is a bonehead. NFL sees all those penalties on tape he creates

Advertisement
Back