SI ACC Preview. They have us at 4-8

Advertisement
Advertisement
ok, so we should be able to win the following games pretty easily, NC state, bethune cookman, south florida and duke. that's four wins. i believe we should beat GT and UNC, that's six wins. and i say we win one or two against Virginia, VT, FSU, Kansas State and BC. that's seven or eight wins.

having said that, the schedule between oct 13 and november 10, playing UNC, FSU, VT and Virginia is going to be tough going. thankfully the first three game are at home.

I agree totally...... with 4-8 or 5-7

SMH at you guys....we upgraded at one position and thats qb...everything else we got worst except maybe tight end and corner...

SMH at you guys....we upgraded at one position and thats qb...everything else we got worst except maybe tight end and corner...

9-3.... Tommy Streeter is the only playmaker that we won't be able to replace this year. Everybody else is an upgrade.

where is whatthehell? he needs to read this article

lol so we upgraded ar dline? safety and linebacker and runinng back? downgrades my man

Advertisement
Looking at the sched, BC, NC State, ND and Kansas State to me are swing games. Georgia Tech's offense is not a walk in the park when you have young D-Lineman and Linebackers.

6-6 is my guess, 8 wins is my hope, 4 wins is my fear.

lol so we upgraded ar dline? safety and linebacker and runinng back? downgrades my man

D-line is an upgrade b/c we still have our best defensive lineman, from last year A. Chickilo. We also have our 2 best DTs from last year, in Smith and Porter. Robinson couldn't even contribute last year, and he is ready to do that this year.

Safety is an upgrade only b/c our depth is better and our safeties sucked anyway last year.... Kacy and AJ have turned the switch on and at least can see the field w/o embarrassing us this year. Deon Bush is also an upgrade depth wise from last year.

Linebacker is an upgrade as a group.... Spence is gone, that is a huge loss, but we didn't have any other Upperclassmen that helped him. Jordan Futch sucked. Only Perryman and Gaines did anything besides Spence last year. We have both of them back plus Buchanon is back from his injury.

Running back is an upgrade b/c Lamar Miller only scored 9 TDs last year. Lamar was like our only running back on the team and he was very inconsistent... We had no depth b/c Mike James was battling with his turf toe injury last year and Eduardo didn't get touches into late in the season.

Now we have a new and improved Mike James.... who I think can have a better final season than Lamar Miller. Duke Johnson is definitely a bigger playmaker than Miller and Eduardo is still on the team improving as a solid back up.

D-line is an upgrade b/c we still have our best defensive lineman, from last year A. Chickilo. We also have our 2 best DTs from last year, in Smith and Porter. Robinson couldn't even contribute last year, and he is ready to do that this year.

Pure speculation. Potential is a trap word

Safety is an upgrade only b/c our depth is better and our safeties sucked anyway last year.... Kacy and AJ have turned the switch on and at least can see the field w/o embarrassing us this year. Deon Bush is also an upgrade depth wise from last year.

Really? You're hanging your hat on Kacy and AJ as upgrades? Come on man. That is dannyboy level reaching..

Linebacker is an upgrade as a group.... Spence is gone, that is a huge loss, but we didn't have any other Upperclassmen that helped him. Jordan Futch sucked. Only Perryman and Gaines did anything besides Spence last year. We have both of them back plus Buchanon is back from his injury.

Our only solid tackler is gone. Perryman is a beast no doubt. Buchanon was no playmaker to begin with. No other PROVEN player. Tons of potential. Yep there's that dreaded word again.

Running back is an upgrade b/c Lamar Miller only scored 9 TDs last year. Lamar was like our only running back on the team and he was very inconsistent... We had no depth b/c Mike James was battling with his turf toe injury last year and Eduardo didn't get touches into late in the season.

Now we have a new and improved Mike James.... who I think can have a better final season than Lamar Miller. Duke Johnson is definitely a bigger playmaker than Miller and Eduardo is still on the team improving as a solid back up.

Hope and hype don't always translate into an upgrade. Everyone who has followed UM in the past decade will tell you that. Arthhur Brown, Ryan Moore, Kyle Wright etc etc. All were rated the best at their positions. All of them fizzled out at UM.

I just poked holes all in your theory with facts. All you offered was hope and potential. Not buying what you are selling. At least not now.

vinn there is one big difference in all that you looked at. Golden players vs Corches players..... IMO a golden 3* can take a Corch 5* Players seem to be grasping a system and are actually learning as compared to the last 9 or so years. Ever since Botch left the willingness to put in the time and effort just never seemed to be there. As his players left the program so did that desire. Lets hope Golden can inspire that drive in these athletes.

Advertisement

Pure speculation. Potential is a trap word

Really? You're hanging your hat on Kacy and AJ as upgrades? Come on man. That is dannyboy level reaching..

Our only solid tackler is gone. Perryman is a beast no doubt. Buchanon was no playmaker to begin with. No other PROVEN player. Tons of potential. Yep there's that dreaded word again.

Hope and hype don't always translate into an upgrade. Everyone who has followed UM in the past decade will tell you that. Arthhur Brown, Ryan Moore, Kyle Wright etc etc. All were rated the best at their positions. All of them fizzled out at UM.

I just poked holes all in your theory with facts. All you offered was hope and potential. Not buying what you are selling. At least not now.

Lol...

- Where is the speculation on what I said about the D-line?? Chickillo was the best d-end last year, and he's back this year. Marcus Fortson and Micanor Regis, did nothing at Miami. Smith and Porter can at least do nothing like they did. It's not a downgrade by any means.

- When did I "hang my hat on Kacy and AJ as an upgrade??" i said they are obviously able to not embarrass us like they did last year. How I know?? B/C Coach AL GOLDEN has Kacy listed as a starter. If he still was god awful like last year they would just as easily move Gunter or start Bush in his spot. Our safeties sucked last year... so even if they suck this year, it's not a down grade.

- You say "our ONLY solid tackler is gone.." but than you say Perryman is a Beast though. Which one is it??? Gaines had a solid year in his 1st year at any meaningful playing time. Perryman had 69 tackles and only started 5 or 6 games. I didn't say anything about Buchanon being a playmaker but he's better than Jordan Futch. I didn't mention anything about potential either so I am lost there....

- This Hope and Hype argument you made sounds good but again what r u talking about?? Mike James is a Senior not a freshman. He was averaging 5 yards a carry before last year. Where is the "hype" in that??

- Lamar Miller was our only running back playing last year. I said now we have real depth there, Where is the "Hope" in that?

- Duke is a more dynamic playmaker, that's a fact. No hope in that.

- You mentioned Arthur Brown as a player that "fizzled out at UM".... but Arthur Brown is going to be a 1st round draft pick after this year. it looks like UM fizzled out on him IMO.

All you offered is pessimism.... but you really didn't say anything to prove your pessimistic point of view.

Last edited:
right now IT IS ALL SPECULATION. we all see better attitudes, better conditioning, better agreement on buying into the system and a lot of new, young talent, but not one of us knows what all that means on the gridiron on september 1. let's see how these guys play. right now it is all speculation. here's hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No f*cking way we go 4-8 or 5-7.

hate to say it bruh..but youdo realize all of our juniors left...everyone!!! How many senior starters do we have? thats usually a sign that were gonna suck... were in uncharted waters.... where you have juniors leaving to be 6th round picks...

Advertisement
Back