SI ACC Preview. They have us at 4-8

Advertisement
Wow, they really think GT is going 8-4? I think we have a better shot at 8 wins than they do.

Advertisement
those W-L predictions are laughable. FSU 11-1...... LOL

I think a lot of the predictions you see are where they hope Miami ends up. I'm not a person that thinks everyone dislikes us but it is pretty **** close. They all know when Miami is running full steam and clicking on all cylinders the rest of the teams don't matter because they just can compete.

Advertisement

I think a lot of the predictions you see are where they hope Miami ends up. I'm not a person that thinks everyone dislikes us but it is pretty **** close. They all know when Miami is running full steam and clicking on all cylinders the rest of the teams don't matter because they just can compete.

I don't think it's anything conspiratorial. I just think it's lazy.

Most of these publications just look at win/loss record, and see how many starters are coming back.

They see a 6-6 record, a bunch of guys leaving early for the NFL, a new starting QB, and think we're gonna regress.

It's not bad logic, but they're not factoring in things like culture change, strength & conditioning, familiarity with the scheme, etc...

They gon learn.

I say 7-5 at worst.

Most of these publications just look at win/loss record, and see how many starters are coming back.

They see a 6-6 record, a bunch of guys leaving early for the NFL, a new starting QB, and think we're gonna regress.

It's not bad logic, but they're not factoring in things like culture change, strength & conditioning, familiarity with the scheme, etc...
They gon learn.

I say 7-5 at worst.

Its actually very good logic , culture change , s&c ect . cannot be quantified , no one knows how much positive effect these things will have on the team .

They gon learn.

I say 7-5 at worst.

I agree. The SI writers have so many teams to evaluate, they can't keep up with what's going on with every team. They've basically ignored the U because of the youth on the team and last year's record, but they have no clue about Golden and the work ethic of these guys. This will be the last year they will ignore the U. This team will wake people up this year.

Advertisement

They gon learn.

I say 7-5 at worst.

Exactly. The expectations are really low from the media mostly because the loss of "talent". The offense does lose a lot of starters, but let's not forget Chase Ford, Brandon Washington (pretty bad at T last year), and Tyler Horn (weak as **** for a C). Not to mention a one year wonder in TS, who barely had an all-ACC caliber year. I don't think many Canes fans are going to miss Garland Gunn or Joel Figueroa either.

And suddenly Jacory Harris became some big loss, after everyone was destroying him for being an INT machine.

Miami might not be very good, but there's a pretty good chance they won't be any worse than last year.

OL should be the best unit on this team, which is very important and can mask other issues.

need to DL to step up

Advertisement
When has media members ever known anything about football? Every year they pick us to lose to Ga Tech, of all teams, and every year we destroy them. Every year they pick FSU to win the ACC but they still let them down.

Every year they have a preseason top 25 that looks nothing like the Final top 25.

So they can suck it really.... they think Miami is going to finish 4-8 b/c they think Jacory Harris was as good as it gets at Miami. SMH

When has media members ever known anything about football? Every year they pick us to lose to Ga Tech, of all teams, and every year we destroy them. Every year they pick FSU to win the ACC but they still let them down.

Every year they have a preseason top 25 that looks nothing like the Final top 25.

So they can suck it really.... they think Miami is going to finish 4-8 b/c they think Jacory Harris was as good as it gets at Miami. SMH

Good post. It always cracks me up to see the different media outlets and their predictions for the season. Usually, they only get the top of the SEC correct. Not like that is too hard.

Just want our boys make them eat some crow.

Advertisement
Back