SHOWDOWN IN O-TOWN- MIA v. FLA. CANESUNITED- PARKING IS SOLD OUT

Can we park an RV?

There is RV parking directly across the street for the stadium.

parking-map-1-790x1024.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
There is a lot of parking closer to the stadium but you have to purchase a lot pass.

Go Canes

I’m still leaning towards Uber. Mainly because I hate to fight traffic. I’ve been spoiled at HRS, with my lot, even for a complete sellout, I slide in and out no problem. Generally.

I’ve been sporting to events outside of South Florida, and I’ve always found Uber to be the best solution for me. During the summer, I try to hit up MLB stadium if I’m in a city where I’ve never seen a baseball game. So I’ve been to a lot of stadiums outside of South Florida.

With someone else doing the driving, I can drink without worrying about it, and then let someone else who is familiar with the area do the driving. Not that I’m an alcoholic or anything. But knowing I can have a couple of beers or a couple of vodkas and not worrying about it makes it a more enjoyable experience, even if I don’t end up drinking.

Just to let everyone know, I spoke to an Orlando Police Sergeant this afternoon, in ref to people worrying about any Trouble and Shady idiots around the Camping World Stadium...there Will be an unbelievable Police presence during the entire Weekend from Downtown too Camping World and surrounding areas...Hopefully that eases everyones minds...

Last edited:
There is a lot of parking closer to the stadium but you have to purchase a lot pass.

parking-map-1-790x1024.jpg

Go Canes

Not sure if you got the e-mail from UM, but those lots will NOT be available to the general public.

"Due to Florida Citrus Sports memberships, team contracts and limited parking surrounding the stadium, we wanted to proactively share information regarding transportation options for the Camping World Kickoff.

Public parking will not become on sale for the lots surrounding the stadium. Complimentary shuttle service to/from Downtown Orlando will be provided, however."

***************Canes[]_[]nited***************
*****Official ORLANDO Tailgate info******

PARKING: OPENS APPROX 8AM.
Our lot will be located at 1477 W Gore Street. We have 220 spaces in a private lot of die hard Cane fans only a short half mile walk to the stadium. Spaces can be purchased for $45/space. Parking passes will be emailed (by me) and scanned at the entrance (not by me). We will also have a list of names to check off. I am going to be there
to tailgate and not be a parking attendant so please make this as easy as possible. Here is the payment info:

PayPal: mycanes91@aol.com (send as friend or family or you will be refunded).

FOOD:
Chef Andrew Hughes will be cooking up a buffet style meal for us and feeding us from around Noon until approx 5-5:30ish (if you plan on arriving at 5, don’t bother with anything on this post). Here is the menu:
Fresh ground chuck/brisket burgers with all the fixings
Hot dogs and homemade sausages, including a special cajun gator sausage
Bacon baked beans
Country style potato salad
The cost is $20 per adult and $10 for kids. Your payment can be made with these methods:
Paypal: paypal.me/chefandrewh (send as friend or family or you will be refunded).
Venmo: @chef-u
Cash app: $chefandrewh

OPEN BAR:
Our man and king of the Luge will be hosting our ice luge and open bar party with all you can drink beer and Liquor. Lito Contreras has made the ice luge famous and has merged with CanesUnited over the years to throw some amazing parties. Please contact Lito if you have certain beers or liquors that you are requesting because he is currently working on the drink menu and they make some pretty awesome shots for the luge!
Cost for the OPEN BAR is only $20 per person. You must be 21 to participate and you can make your payment by.
Venmo: @LitoContreras
PayPal: carlito.contreras@gmail.com (send as friend or family or you will be refunded). P
CashApp: $carlosrc

****DjPrime**** will be spinning and keeping the party jumping and we will also have a special live performance by Solo D (the creator of turnover chain).
Caneswear Brett Mitchell will be setting up in the parking lot selling merchandise and apparel so you will be game ready!
We broke up the payments so you can pick and choose how you want to tailgate. You can park and party, you can Uber over and eat/party, or you can be on a liquid diet and enjoy the open bar all day. Whatever you choose to do, DO NOT join us if you plan on arriving an hour before kickoff. We are a tailgating and party group. We do this non profit so I promise you we don’t need your parking money nor will I care if you have a hard time parking because the lot is packed and the party is lit.

When making payments for anything PLEASE specify your name and what it is you are paying for. If you haven’t partied with CanesUnited before then you are welcome 😉. LETS GO CANES!

View attachment 85397

I'm assuming, if I'm paying for multiple people just write all 3 names in the venom?

Advertisement
Not sure if you got the e-mail from UM, but those lots will NOT be available to the general public.

"Due to Florida Citrus Sports memberships, team contracts and limited parking surrounding the stadium, we wanted to proactively share information regarding transportation options for the Camping World Kickoff.

Public parking will not become on sale for the lots surrounding the stadium. Complimentary shuttle service to/from Downtown Orlando will be provided, however."

Blah Blah, subtitles read goldencanes get lot XYZ and UF got all the rest. Don't kid yourself most of the lots were included in the game contract on UF's side.

Go Canes

***************Canes[]_[]nited***************
*****Official ORLANDO Tailgate info******

PARKING: OPENS APPROX 8AM.
Our lot will be located at 1477 W Gore Street. We have 220 spaces in a private lot of die hard Cane fans only a short half mile walk to the stadium. Spaces can be purchased for $45/space. Parking passes will be emailed (by me) and scanned at the entrance (not by me). We will also have a list of names to check off. I am going to be there
to tailgate and not be a parking attendant so please make this as easy as possible. Here is the payment info:

PayPal: mycanes91@aol.com (send as friend or family or you will be refunded).

FOOD:
Chef Andrew Hughes will be cooking up a buffet style meal for us and feeding us from around Noon until approx 5-5:30ish (if you plan on arriving at 5, don’t bother with anything on this post). Here is the menu:
Fresh ground chuck/brisket burgers with all the fixings
Hot dogs and homemade sausages, including a special cajun gator sausage
Bacon baked beans
Country style potato salad
The cost is $20 per adult and $10 for kids. Your payment can be made with these methods:
Paypal: paypal.me/chefandrewh (send as friend or family or you will be refunded).
Venmo: @chef-u
Cash app: $chefandrewh

OPEN BAR:
Our man and king of the Luge will be hosting our ice luge and open bar party with all you can drink beer and Liquor. Lito Contreras has made the ice luge famous and has merged with CanesUnited over the years to throw some amazing parties. Please contact Lito if you have certain beers or liquors that you are requesting because he is currently working on the drink menu and they make some pretty awesome shots for the luge!
Cost for the OPEN BAR is only $20 per person. You must be 21 to participate and you can make your payment by.
Venmo: @LitoContreras
PayPal: carlito.contreras@gmail.com (send as friend or family or you will be refunded). P
CashApp: $carlosrc

****DjPrime**** will be spinning and keeping the party jumping and we will also have a special live performance by Solo D (the creator of turnover chain).
Caneswear Brett Mitchell will be setting up in the parking lot selling merchandise and apparel so you will be game ready!
We broke up the payments so you can pick and choose how you want to tailgate. You can park and party, you can Uber over and eat/party, or you can be on a liquid diet and enjoy the open bar all day. Whatever you choose to do, DO NOT join us if you plan on arriving an hour before kickoff. We are a tailgating and party group. We do this non profit so I promise you we don’t need your parking money nor will I care if you have a hard time parking because the lot is packed and the party is lit.

When making payments for anything PLEASE specify your name and what it is you are paying for. If you haven’t partied with CanesUnited before then you are welcome 😉. LETS GO CANES!

View attachment 85397
This the same group that did the thing in Charlotte by the railroad tracks?

Blah Blah, subtitles read goldencanes get lot XYZ and UF got all the rest. Don't kid yourself most of the lots were included in the game contract on UF's side.

Go Canes

Idiotic response.

Golden Canes did not get any parking.

Sure, believe whatever conspiracy theories you want to believe.

But, hey, thanks for providing that great map that helps absolutely nobody who is asking about parking (and who are obviously not Golden Canes, who still didn't get parking).

Brilliant.

Advertisement
6t
Idiotic response.

Golden Canes did not get any parking.

Sure, believe whatever conspiracy theories you want to believe.

But, hey, thanks for providing that great map that helps absolutely nobody who is asking about parking (and who are obviously not Golden Canes, who still didn't get parking).

Brilliant.

An for the record smart guy most of the business around CW Stadium allow public parking for a fee during events, how safe that parking is debatable. Those business are on those so called useless map I posted on West Anderson and Long Street, between Rio Grande and OBT.

I am down in that area about once a month and have been down there for events at the stadium.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
6t

An for the record smart guy most of the business around CW Stadium allow public parking for a fee during events, how safe that parking is debatable. Those business are on those so called useless map I posted on West Anderson and Long Street, between Rio Grande and OBT.

I am down in that area about once a month and have been down there for events at the stadium.

Go Canes

You're mad at me because I posted the truth, that all of the parking lots for which you can normally pre-pay will be unavailable. And every post I have ever made on the subject clearly states that there are homes, apartments, churches, etc. that will be selling spaces on a cash basis.

You're also mad that I correctly pointed out that your "Golden Canes will get parking spots from Florida Citrus Sports" claim is untrue.

Yes, your map is useless. It shows lots that are unavailable. And if you wanted to post a map of regular city streets, well that's already on everyone's phones.

But you're mad at me. Hilarious.

And for the record non-smart guy, I've lived in Orlando since I was 4 and I know that area very well, I grew up a few miles away. So there's no need for you to boast about your monthly visits. I've been going to events at the Tangerine Bowl/Citrus Bowl/Camping World Stadium since the days of FTU football, Tampa Bay Rowdies exhibitions, and the Rock Super Bowl shows.

You're mad at me because I posted the truth, that all of the parking lots for which you can normally pre-pay will be unavailable. And every post I have ever made on the subject clearly states that there are homes, apartments, churches, etc. that will be selling spaces on a cash basis.

You're also mad that I correctly pointed out that your "Golden Canes will get parking spots from Florida Citrus Sports" claim is untrue.

Yes, your map is useless. It shows lots that are unavailable. And if you wanted to post a map of regular city streets, well that's already on everyone's phones.

But you're mad at me. Hilarious.

And for the record non-smart guy, I've lived in Orlando since I was 4 and I know that area very well, I grew up a few miles away. So there's no need for you to boast about your monthly visits. I've been going to events at the Tangerine Bowl/Citrus Bowl/Camping World Stadium since the days of FTU football, Tampa Bay Rowdies exhibitions, and the Rock Super Bowl shows.

Not mad over internet posts in a forum, was post sarcastic yes. We have both said our piece and both agree there will be cash parking space available around the citrus bowl. An as for GoldenCane parking availability in lots at the stadium that was allocated by UM, feel free to check with your source if doubt me.

But at the end of the day, it will be great event, we will all get to tailgate and then watch our Canes cordwainer some gators, I am putting in a order for some chocolate brown 13EEE's loafers.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we just pay for food & drink when we get there? Also, say we roll up in an Uber with our own cooler, can we bring our own drinks & just pay for food when we get there?
I do not believe you can do walk up payments, there are on occasion a handful available but i wouldn't chance it. You can come in any transportation you want uber, lyft, horse, bike and bring your own party supplies its all good!

Not mad over internet posts in a forum, was post sarcastic yes. We have both said our piece and both agree there will be cash parking space available around the citrus bowl. An as for GoldenCane parking availability in lots at the stadium that was allocated by UM, feel free to check with your source if doubt me.

But at the end of the day, it will be great event, we will all get to tailgate and then watch our Canes cordwainer some gators, I am putting in a order for some chocolate brown 13EEE's loafers.

Go Canes

Fair enough. I have multiple friends who are Golden Canes, no parking (thus far). Maybe the Athletic Department will toss them some freebies once they sort through how much they will need. Remember, when UM put the tickets on sale, there were only about 250 people in the "Golden Canes" tier, and parking was not available at that time.

The Florida Citrus Sports announcement was weird. Yes, they will allocate a small amount of parking to UM, a lot of that will be for buses for the team, band, cheerleaders, etc. The administrators will get some spots. Maybe Blake will hand out some comps to his 250 closest friends/contributors, but he has not yet done so, and I highly doubt that any Golden Canes who might get comped for parking will turn around and hand those to any of us.

As you know, there will be plenty of parking near the stadium, as long as people don't get too "scared" to park there. And downtown isn't bad for those who want to pre-game and post-game at the bars.

Fair enough. I have multiple friends who are Golden Canes, no parking (thus far). Maybe the Athletic Department will toss them some freebies once they sort through how much they will need. Remember, when UM put the tickets on sale, there were only about 250 people in the "Golden Canes" tier, and parking was not available at that time.

The Florida Citrus Sports announcement was weird. Yes, they will allocate a small amount of parking to UM, a lot of that will be for buses for the team, band, cheerleaders, etc. The administrators will get some spots. Maybe Blake will hand out some comps to his 250 closest friends/contributors, but he has not yet done so, and I highly doubt that any Golden Canes who might get comped for parking will turn around and hand those to any of us.

As you know, there will be plenty of parking near the stadium, as long as people don't get too "scared" to park there. And downtown isn't bad for those who want to pre-game and post-game at the bars.

My guess is maybe they might have some kind of an event, we always have an event for every game like this, but maybe this time it’ll be something that ALSO includes some type of shuttle/parking/transportation. Maybe.

But I don’t know yet. At least I have not received the email.

Additional parking info for tailgaters.. found this link on another thread.

Advertisement
Back