Shout out to Mike Rumph

Your rankings are very deceiving. None of those schools finished ranked like that.
He went against
24 va tech
11 Notre Dame
7 wisconsin
4 Clemson.

Notre Dame had a QB That couldn't pass. Wisconsins QB was known as the interception machine and he shredded our secondary. Kelly Bryant sucks at throwing and he also shredded the secondary.

This year isn't over yet, but Bamas competition is going to be ranked a lot higher. You are right Bandy vs LSU was a bad example because he got kicked early, but surtain did work against LSU and all the rest of our DBs got exposed against them.
All of Our dbs didn’t get exposed vs LSU only dean did tbh. Remember burrow was 11-25 for 140 yards with 94 of the yards given up where by jahvontae dean who had to take over for bandy after he got kicked out.

Advertisement
No it is not misleading. Surtain had BETTER stats and EVEN if they where exactly the same doing it against LSU, UGA, Auburn, etc are a lot more impressive than doing it against UNC and Duke. Just look at Bandy as a sophomore against LSU compared to freshman surtain going against the same LSU team. Surtain is way better.

You normally dont reach, but you reaching now, lol, bandy wasnt in the game long enuff against lsu to compare, but if he had been, lsu would've gotten locked down. That may have been his 1 forced fumble to as well. Ill give you UGA where surtain was getting somewhat punished, but Auburn is not that good.

No you are the one claiming that 5 stars are overated the the recrutiing services don't know wtf they are talking about, but then we have 5 stars that are head and shoulders better than our 3 and 4 stars.

That's your opinion, but the facts you presented said otherwise. And the only rankings that matter is, who had the best secondary in the nation, was it bandy and the boys or surtain and his so called 5 star bretheren. It wouldnt have mattered who we played this year, qb's and receivers were not going to have much success.

Why? He earned reps as a true freshman. People down played him since he was here...kid earned reps as a freshman and was on ALLL specials. People were down from the recruitment and doubled down on it from he came here and are now saying "developement". He was a 6'2 180 plus athletic kid from he came in.

I didn't even know him out of high school. Watched his play in our Spring game after he arrived. Yes he's an athletic kid, but there are lots of athletic kids. We have athletic kids on our OL. How has that worked out? Rumph coached Mike up, and he's played well. Give credit where it's due. I didn't say Rumph is without his faults.

Advertisement
You normally dont reach, but you reaching now, lol, bandy wasnt in the game long enuff against lsu to compare, but if he had been, lsu would've gotten locked down. That may have been his 1 forced fumble to as well. Ill give you UGA where surtain was getting somewhat punished, but Auburn is not that good.

Auburn is better than any team we faced besides LSU.

That's your opinion, but the facts you presented said otherwise. And the only rankings that matter is, who had the best secondary in the nation, was it bandy and the boys or surtain and his so called 5 star bretheren. It wouldnt have mattered who we played this year, qb's and receivers were not going to have much success.

NO it is not my opinion LMAO. It is a fact that the teams Bama played are significantly better than the teams Miami played. The only reason we have the "best" secondary is because we played a bunch of scrubs. If we played in the SECe our secondary would have been exposed big time.

All of Our dbs didn’t get exposed vs LSU only dean did tbh. Remember burrow was 11-25 for 140 yards with 94 of the yards given up where by jahvontae dean who had to take over for bandy after he got kicked out.

He was also 10 for 20 against the mighty South eastern Louisiana DBs. So I assume you think the DB coach at SEL is also a great DB coach? If you watched the LSU game he was over throwing WRs for most of the misses the DBs where not getting PBUs or providing great coverage.

I didn't even know him out of high school. Watched his play in our Spring game after he arrived. Yes he's an athletic kid, but there are lots of athletic kids. We have athletic kids on our OL. How has that worked out? Rumph coached Mike up, and he's played well. Give credit where it's due. I didn't say Rumph is without his faults.

We dont have any athletic kids on our ol.
I'm just saying fans were down on him because he was a kid from Bama. Kid from the day he came here was pretty good and getting reps. I mean he was awfully noticable on specials., etc. People are acting like Rumph unearth some rock and turned him into a diamond. Rumph did HIS JOB.

CB is like rb..pretty much you either have it or you dont. Which is why i dont really care who is coaching up cbs. That spot is usually where you place a "recruiter" just like at RB. Nick Saban couldnt make Robert Knowles a beast. it is what it is. Rumph will look alot better with the caliber a kids we landed last class. He wouldve been even BETTER HAD he landed some of those misses the last 3 years. But his cb recruiting sould hsoot up as he puts guys in the league.

Advertisement
Rumph is the Man end of story, and if you believe otherwise go cry in the car like the b**** you were born to be. Consistency is key and he has given us that with his CB group.

I'm just saying fans were down on him because he was a kid from Bama. Kid from the day he came here was pretty good and getting reps. I mean he was awfully noticable on specials., etc. People are acting like Rumph unearth some rock and turned him into a diamond. Rumph did HIS JOB.

CB is like rb..pretty much you either have it or you dont. Which is why i dont really care who is coaching up cbs. That spot is usually where you place a "recruiter" just like at RB. Nick Saban couldnt make Robert Knowles a beast. it is what it is. Rumph will look alot better with the caliber a kids we landed last class. He wouldve been even BETTER HAD he landed some of those misses the last 3 years. But his cb recruiting sould hsoot up as he puts guys in the league.

That was going to be the only way Rumph improved as a recruiter. Canes fans were going to have to put up with lackluster results and wait for a few of his kids go into the NFL. Now that he has an actual resume to put in front of kids, it should get better.

Surtain had the better year and it is not even close. If you watched both teams play anyone would much prefer to have freshman Bandy covering them instead of Surtain. If you want to look at actual stats Bandy had 25 tackles and 1.5 TFL with 6 PBU and 1 int. Surtain had 33 tackles and 1.5tfl. 1 int. 6 pbu. 1 forced fumble and 1 QB hurry. He did this against MUCH better competition.

There is no way you’re not a troll. I’ve never seen you post a single positive thing about anything having to do with UM.

Advertisement
NO it is not my opinion LMAO. It is a fact that the teams Bama played are significantly better than the teams Miami played. The only reason we have the "best" secondary is because we played a bunch of scrubs. If we played in the SECe our secondary would have been exposed big time.

Come on man, you better than that, what are you basing that off of, if we go to the one common opponent lsu, burrow completed over 50% of his passes against your boy surtain and crew and threw for 184yrds, against us, he went 11 of 24 for 140 and most of his yards came against Jhavonte dean, had bandy been in that game longer burrow's stats against us would've been worst and bound to get picked off. You're doing what alot of people do, just assume the security & exchange commission conference goes up against better competition. The only way our defense would've gotten exposed is because we had no consistent punting game and no passing game.

This defense was a legitimate and elite defense, it would not have mattered who we played! Our secondary was just better, wasnt just a stat thing, our guys knew what they were doing this year!

I'm not the people you're talking about because I had no particular feeling about Mike. Thrilled he's balling and happy my concerns were unfounded. You do seemed triggered for any compliment of Coach Rumph though. Not sure why you have such issues with a coach who you seem to believe has a staff position that doesn't matter. There is plenty a good CB coach can teach DBs ask Nick Saban. And we do have athletic offensive linemen. Scaife and Gaynor are plenty athletic. **** even the kid who will never play here who does one handed hand stands is athletic. What we don't have is an offensive line coach who can coach them up.

I'm not the people you're talking about because I had no particular feeling about Mike. Thrilled he's balling and happy my concerns were unfounded. You do seemed triggered for any compliment of Coach Rumph though. Not sure why you have such issues with a coach who you seem to believe has a staff position that doesn't matter. There is plenty a good CB coach can teach DBs ask Nick Saban. And we do have athletic offensive linemen. Scaife and Gaynor are plenty athletic. **** even the kid who will never play here who does one handed hand stands is athletic. What we don't have is an offensive line coach who can coach them up.

That hand stand sh*t was B.s. Thats not athleticism at all. Dude looked like sh*t at our camp getting beat by kids we didnt offer, when we did actually offer him. Not sure what Searles likes other than Size modifications which is why we have an ol full of guards. Even the Tarquin kid who decommitted has cement feet.
Scaife is athletic..but we have a bunch of guys on that ol that cant do the Casper or the electric slide.
Rumph was a wasted spot (if he couldnt recruit his high school) and takes up a spot for a coach that could be needed.Now he has gotten better and is learning on the job..but he could of done that as a Ga or analyst or whatever the **** like how they are doing DVD. I'm not triggered...its really my schtick. But i just dont like seeing all this praise on development , etc when it really isnt warranted. Well where is the praise for Banda?. His safeties are already in the Nfl and next to the DL this year was the best unit almost 2 yrs running.

Advertisement
That's your opinion, the fact is they are 7 & 5, they lost to Tennessee, so are you saying Tennessee is better than every team in the ACC, or every team we faced!

Duke lost to Va tech who lost to Old Dominion. Does that mean Old Dominion is better than every team we faced?

There is no way you’re not a troll. I’ve never seen you post a single positive thing about anything having to do with UM.

Because there is NOTHING positive to post about. We have terrible coaches. Terrible recruiting. Terrible AD. I am convinced YOU are the troll. You defend the very people driving this program into the ground. Kind of like how the Gator Trolls post on FSU forums talking about how great Taggart is.

That hand stand sh*t was B.s. Thats not athleticism at all. Dude looked like sh*t at our camp getting beat by kids we didnt offer, when we did actually offer him. Not sure what Searles likes other than Size modifications which is why we have an ol full of guards. Even the Tarquin kid who decommitted has cement feet.
Scaife is athletic..but we have a bunch of guys on that ol that cant do the Casper or the electric slide.
Rumph was a wasted spot (if he couldnt recruit his high school) and takes up a spot for a coach that could be needed.Now he has gotten better and is learning on the job..but he could of done that as a Ga or analyst or whatever the **** like how they are doing DVD. I'm not triggered...its really my schtick. But i just dont like seeing all this praise on development , etc when it really isnt warranted. Well where is the praise for Banda?. His safeties are already in the Nfl and next to the DL this year was the best unit almost 2 yrs running.

Searels is terrible. The young man from Iowa should have never been brought here. Even his highlights were bad.

I recognize we don't have a lot of athleticism on our OL. One of our major issues is that we ask our OL to do things they are not physically capable of doing. Pulling and blocking in space - takes agility. Watching Jones trying to zone block was painful at times, same with Donaldson. Admittedly, part of the problem was technique, lunging, being too upright, etc.

In terms of overall skill though, I don't have any real sense of what we really have with the young men on our OL because Searels' coaching is so bad. I watched the last 4:15 of the Duke debacle play by play. What's worse is that Searels' recruiting is as bad as his teaching. And now that recruits recognize he's a liability, it's going to be that much harder to get talent at that position.

I have nothing against Banda. I think my response was to posts specifically about Rumph. Again, he's not without his flaws. You didn't think we lost out on the Heritage two because of bags or perks? That was my assumption. That certainly does not account for all the other misses.

Banda's unit has performed well also. He also recruited well. I like both Carter and Hall. I actually feel good about our young DBs.
I do not want him as our DC now though. He should have cut his teeth as DC at Temple for a few years before being the DC here.

Advertisement
Back