Shout out to Mike Rumph

This is what @dsddcane said. He nailed the JW transfer before anyone a couple of days ago.

And yes, it's possible that one person recognizes they're not fit for a job and decides not to take. Whereas another person (or persons) whom are over their head, blindly walk into the job.

Possible...but I doubt it happened that way. Richt chose who he wanted. Plain and simple. Two former High School coaches, wherein both have served as defensive coordinators, and Richt chooses the least experienced.

The JW call seems on point...but the jury is still out there. He might stay.

Advertisement
Possible...but I doubt it happened that way. Richt chose who he wanted. Plain and simple. Two former High School coaches, wherein both have served as defensive coordinators, and Richt chooses the least experienced.

The JW call seems on point...but the jury is still out there. He might stay.

Doubt it.

Advertisement
No one should be complaining about Rumph. He whiffed on his former HS players, can't argue against that. But he's developed the products that have been given to him, fairly quickly. (Mike Jax, Malek, Bandy, Corn to name a few). Ivey is gonna be ready next season, just wait and see.

Advertisement
Isn't Rumph the one that whiffed on the 5* DB that he coached In high school last cycle?
Here's the thing - he's coaching up the guys he Is getting. When it's said and done, as long as the net result of his actions are that he's holding down his end of the bargain (solid DB play) then I'm good. When that starts consistently slipping, then these other things come into play, but not before then.

Also, he's obviously having conversations we're not privy to about the future, so we'll see what happens. Anyway, it's Moneyball time at the U and that means, we need to be looking at net gains wherever we can get them.

Honestly, I doubt Richt will get shxt canned while Fake James is here.

The fact that you keep bringing this up, what is the point, and do you actually feel sane by mentioning it. Let me help you out, you do realize this is coach richt's almost complete 3rd year here, and in that time thus far his first year we go i believe 9 & 4 with a bowl win, the first bowl win in 10years, 2nd year here with rosier as the starting qb we not only went on a 10 game winning streak last year but it was actually 16 straight wins, we were ranked as high as #2 in the nation, was on the cusp of getting into the cfp(to many injuries to overcome), won the coastal division outright for the first time, coach richt was named "coach of the year", and we should'vd beat wisconsin, actually we did beat wisconsin, we just lost to the ref's! Let's not forget, the Fsu losing streak was ended, beat notre shame and V-tech. Guided us to our first ACC championship game. All of this in 2 years, so now we come to his 3rd year, perry bs'ing, not doing what he needs to do to beat out rosier, Ahmon goes down, irvin, poledney down, jt4 half azzin, alot of the young bandwagon recruits from 2018 being cry babies, a make shift o-line, had to navigate thru that, we sitting at 7 & 5, with a chance to finish 8 & 5, if that happens, coach richt will have won 2 bowl games in 3 years. Also, a 2 game winning streak against Fsu.

We'll be going into year 4 if healthy with a more mature offense, physically and mentally. With offensive and defensive systems as well as technique's that the players are well ingrained in now. The defense may not be as stout as it was next year as it has been this year, but the talent and coaching us their to maintain a high level of play, it would be asanine for anybody to make a change that shake things up now, because coach richt's imprint has definitely been stamped on this program now, and year 4 will be the True beginning of the type of teams coach richt will be consistently rolling out.

As you can see, the expectations were only as high as they was mainly because of what coach richt had accomplished in 2yrs, the expectations have been raised again because people are back to Truly believing in the program again, under shannon and the moron regime's, most didnt Truly believe that it was going to get done, all of a sudden under coach richt, he's had 2 real solid seasons and as of right now a rough season but still a winning one with a chance to win another bowl game. And all he has to do is beat the gaytors next year and he'll actually be the top dawg in the state.

So people acting as if this program is somehow in shambles are being asanine, and these lazy reporters who call themselves covering this team are asking questions based on what blog sites are crying about and its sad but comical at the same time. Coach richt is staying calm, and going about his business building this thing up the right way. If you dont think its a concentrated effort by those security and exchange commission schools to try and make sure they increase their cap space to keep as many o-linemen away from here as possible, and d-tackles, cause they know, all of them are going to get shut down. Our defense this year would've manhandled any team, put a real punting game behind it and an efficient offense, and the rest of college football knows what's coming.

Why do our coaches do this? Why can’t they just say, “Congrats to all the new canes out there. Welcome to the family.” Instead of acting like scorned, jealous females.

Why do our coaches do this? Why can’t they just say, “Congrats to all the new canes out there. Welcome to the family.” Instead of acting like scorned, jealous females.

It's not an act. They are what they are.

1545323062842.png

Advertisement
The fact that you keep bringing this up, what is the point, and do you actually feel sane by mentioning it. Let me help you out, you do realize this is coach richt's almost complete 3rd year here, and in that time thus far his first year we go i believe 9 & 4 with a bowl win, the first bowl win in 10years, 2nd year here with rosier as the starting qb we not only went on a 10 game winning streak last year but it was actually 16 straight wins, we were ranked as high as #2 in the nation, was on the cusp of getting into the cfp(to many injuries to overcome), won the coastal division outright for the first time, coach richt was named "coach of the year", and we should'vd beat wisconsin, actually we did beat wisconsin, we just lost to the ref's! Let's not forget, the Fsu losing streak was ended, beat notre shame and V-tech. Guided us to our first ACC championship game. All of this in 2 years, so now we come to his 3rd year, perry bs'ing, not doing what he needs to do to beat out rosier, Ahmon goes down, irvin, poledney down, jt4 half azzin, alot of the young bandwagon recruits from 2018 being cry babies, a make shift o-line, had to navigate thru that, we sitting at 7 & 5, with a chance to finish 8 & 5, if that happens, coach richt will have won 2 bowl games in 3 years. Also, a 2 game winning streak against Fsu.

We'll be going into year 4 if healthy with a more mature offense, physically and mentally. With offensive and defensive systems as well as technique's that the players are well ingrained in now. The defense may not be as stout as it was next year as it has been this year, but the talent and coaching us their to maintain a high level of play, it would be asanine for anybody to make a change that shake things up now, because coach richt's imprint has definitely been stamped on this program now, and year 4 will be the True beginning of the type of teams coach richt will be consistently rolling out.

As you can see, the expectations were only as high as they was mainly because of what coach richt had accomplished in 2yrs, the expectations have been raised again because people are back to Truly believing in the program again, under shannon and the moron regime's, most didnt Truly believe that it was going to get done, all of a sudden under coach richt, he's had 2 real solid seasons and as of right now a rough season but still a winning one with a chance to win another bowl game. And all he has to do is beat the gaytors next year and he'll actually be the top dawg in the state.

So people acting as if this program is somehow in shambles are being asanine, and these lazy reporters who call themselves covering this team are asking questions based on what blog sites are crying about and its sad but comical at the same time. Coach richt is staying calm, and going about his business building this thing up the right way. If you dont think its a concentrated effort by those security and exchange commission schools to try and make sure they increase their cap space to keep as many o-linemen away from here as possible, and d-tackles, cause they know, all of them are going to get shut down. Our defense this year would've manhandled any team, put a real punting game behind it and an efficient offense, and the rest of college football knows what's coming.

giphy.gif

Means nothing, the players matter, these nerd recruiting sites are tag alongs. Questions for you, what's the difference between a 4star and 5star player, what's the difference between a 3 and 4 star player. And if a player is labeled a 5 star player but comes to college and is not that good is he a "bust" or did somebody just get the eval wrong. What is the criteria for a player be ranked whether its 2 or 5stars. How does a player drop from a 4star to a 3star when he decommits, and how does a player go from a 3 star to a 4star after he commits to a certain team.

Bottom line a player can either play or he cant, these nerd recruiting sites got yall feeling like they are relevant. If it was just based of recruiting class rankings, why not just hand the national championship trophy out on Feb 7th!
I'm not a football x and o guy. I'm a "ghey stats nerd" or whatever you call it by profession. I don't know why players get rated but what I do know is playoff teams and championship teams get good recruiting rankings and probably top it off with good coaching. It's definitely possible that recruiting rankings don't correlate with success. The playoff hasn't been around long enough for the sample size to be significant. But so far there every single playoff champion has been stacking up top ten recruiting classes. You can't just ignore that

I'm not a football x and o guy. I'm a "ghey stats nerd" or whatever you call it by profession. I don't know why players get rated but what I do know is playoff teams and championship teams get good recruiting rankings and probably top it off with good coaching. It's definitely possible that recruiting rankings don't correlate with success. The playoff hasn't been around long enough for the sample size to be significant. But so far there every single playoff champion has been stacking up top ten recruiting classes. You can't just ignore that

What im saying simply is this, we recruited guys like joe jackson, garvin and harvey before they were 4 stars, 2 have come in and balled out now the nerd recruiting sites trying to take credit. Their system of ranking players is simple. But again, when one of the players they rated high doesnt play good, they calling the player a bust, but the recruiting is not being blamed for doing a bad eval job. Those sites are trying to make themselves relevant as if coaches like coach richt are using them as a guide

Advertisement
I appreciate him and his coaching but he is a god awful recruiter.

No one on this staff does anything great.

What im saying simply is this, we recruited guys like joe jackson, garvin and harvey before they were 4 stars, 2 have come in and balled out now the nerd recruiting sites trying to take credit. Their system of ranking players is simple. But again, when one of the players they rated high doesnt play good, they calling the player a bust, but the recruiting is not being blamed for doing a bad eval job. Those sites are trying to make themselves relevant as if coaches like coach richt are using them as a guide
Ok 4 star might not mean good player. but more 4 stars and more 5 stars= more wins. Wins are what I care about the most.

Stop being ghey, who cares, yall star whores worried more about how many so called 5 stars get signed than actual play on the field, these nerd recruiting sites got yall minds all twisted up!

So explain why Surtain looks better than any of the freshman CBs we had on the roster this year?

Advertisement
Back